JOLES DIARY

joles

Hi guys, I started to write my weight loss journey at home before I found out that minimins had a Dukan forum so thought I would write here instead - hopefully I can offer support/be supported by you along my journey. I will update the last few days now then write each day! hopefully it wont be too boring if you decide to have a read. :)

Last edited:
Day 1 – Friday 5th August 2011

Ok… well today is the day I decided to finally get my arse in gear and lose some weight! :eek:

I have been trying to lose weight forever. I’ve heard all the promises before and feel like I have tried every diet plan known to man – some with some success and others which I have actually gained weight on - but ultimately, I have never been able to keep the bloody weight off. :cry:

I’ve experienced all the feelings of hope and excitement, but have never been able to stick with the plan. I always fail. Hopefully Dukan will be different. :fingerscrossed:

I’ve trawled the internet to see what I can find out but there is so much conflicting advice I just made a trip to town to buy the book! Cost me 9 pound (hopefully not the only pounds I lose!)

Just read the ATTACK part of the plan and made my shopping list:
Beef
Fish
Prawns
Chicken
Turkey
Eggs
Fat free fromage frais
Fat free cottage cheese
Semi skimmed milk
Oat bran
Sweetener
Spices and herbs

Cost me 40 pound so with the book a total of 49 pound lost without even starting the diet! Ha!

Couldn’t find the oat bran so just got normal oats – they cant be that bad can they???

Seems like there’s a lot of planning involved but hopefully it wont take over my life.

Cant wait to get started tomorrow, already feeling motivated with being so organised!

Wish me luck!

Quote of the day: Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want.

Last edited:
Day 2 – Saturday 6th August 2011

Vital statistics

Weight today – 12 stone 2lb
Bust – 43 ¼ inches
Waist – 38 ¼ inches
Hips – 41 ¼ inches
Right thigh – 23 ¾ inches
Left thigh – 24 ½ inches (can’t believe I’ve got one leg bigger than the other! Ha!)
Right arm –13 ½ inches
Left arm – 13 ½ inches

Whooo…day one of Attack phase and feeling really good!

Had a look on the official Dukan site earlier and filled in a form to find my true weight – I would like to get to 9 stone but Mr Dukan thinks I will be fine at 9 st 6 lb. Don’t you just love him! :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

He says I should do the following

ATTACK – 5 days of lightening attack in which I should lose 4 lb – must admit I was hoping for more like a stone!!!!

Then

CRUISE – 121 days of perserverance will give me a 2 st 6lb weight loss

Then

Consolidation – 173 days to get my weight loss consolidated

Then

Stabalisation – didn’t get that far as I had to pay £176.79 for the details and extra support whilst on my journey! Sorry Mr Dukan but as good as your diet appears to be I just haven’t got the pennies.

The Dukan site says I should reach my true weight by the middle of December –so near yet so far!

Food eaten today:

Chicken omelette
crab sticks with cottage cheese
2 chicken breasts in a sauce I made with fromage frais and cajun spice

I also made a gallete but made with normal oats as couldn’t find oat bran - It was actually ok as I put sweetener in it as I have a sweet tooth but not sure if normal oats are allowed!

Quote of the day: Success is not a race, be patient

Last edited:
Day 3 - Sunday 7th August 2011

Vital statistics:

Weight today - 12 st (I've lost 2lb already!)

Not sure if i should get weighed every day or not??? Think I will just update my ticker every Saturday along with my measurements.

Thought I would struggle today as we normally have a fry up for breakie followed by a mahoosive sunday lunch - which is probably the main reason for me being a fatty!

I went to the inlaws for breakfast with my hubby and two little boys and I was that focused I ate my Dukan friendly breakfast in the car on the way. Unfortunatley I had to endure the aroma and munching of bacon and sausage - gutted but determined to stay strong! I even took my own skimmed milk so I could have a brew whilst I was there. I'm such a geek aren't I?!

Food eaten today:

Gallete with cottage cheese and slices of chicken
A few slices of ham with cottage cheese for a quick snack
Prawns in fat free fromage frais with paprika and a cod fillet
2 chicken breasts with cajun spice

At the moment I feel like I'm eating for eatings sake but I read that Dukan says its best to do this to pre-empt hunger pangs!

Also been made aware by Atropos that the oats i am using aren't allowed (thanks Atropos) so rushed around ASDA, Tesco and Morrisons like a mental case trying to find oat bran without any success. Holland and Barratt are my last option tomorrow otherwise i wont be making galletes any longer! :cry:

All in all had a good couple of days (oat bran aside) hope that mistake doesn't make much difference to my weight loss!

Quote of the day: Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.

Last edited:
Quote of the day: Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want.

Quote of the day: Success is not a race, be patient

Welcome, Joles! :) Was going to post re. the oatbran but I see Atropos had already. Good luck with your weight loss - reading your opening post and it could have been written by me. Was a complete yo yo dieter! Have been doing Dukan now since July 26th and I'm feeling great. Love your inspirational quotes! :D

Hi Joles welcome to this fab forum. Once you get your head around Dukan it is brilliant. Forget the other diets this is the best.

Thanks Lausanne!

I just feel stupid for yoyo dieting for so long and not getting anywhere! Hopefully Dukan won't be another 'rebound' diet!

Sounds like your doing really well! Glad your feeling so good - I must admit that was one thing I was worried about! (I was born for carbs ha!) XXX

Glad you like the quotes I just use them for a bit more motivation.

I will no doubt coming to u for advice in the near future xxx

Thanks CHRISR - I am slowly getting my head round the plan! As a previous yoyo dieter though I am slightly sceptical with the hope to be proven wrong!

Thanks to both of you for welcoming me to the forum!

Hi Joles
I was exactly the same as you a 'stupid yo-yo dieter' used to get me really down and often I would be grumpy. I tried WW and SW - there was never an end in sight and it was so easy to have a bar of chocolate and then to say oh well I will have another. With Dukan i dont want it, losing 9 lbs in less than 3 weeks for me is fantastic. I could be 110% on SW and I would be lucky to lose 1/2lb. It is hard going but for me the main motivator is being 3.5 stones lighter by January 2012 can u believe that its 'bloody marvelous' :)

Day 4 - Monday 8th August 2011

Vital statistics

Weight today - 11 st 12lb (OMG ANOTHER 2LB LOST)

Cant believe I've lost 4 lb already in just 2 days :)

Not done much today as not een too good so the kiddiwinks were shipped out to their grandads and i had a day on the couch watching daytime tv! (with the occasional trip to the fridge of course!)

I asked my hubby to pick up some oat bran from Holland and Barratt as I've not een able to get it in ASDA, Tesco or Morrisons so what did he do...he went to Tesco and Morrisons...AND I'VE STILL NO BLOODY OATBRAN. It caused a bit of a tiff - a girl does need her oat ran after all - and now we r sat in silence ha!

The kids arrived home and informed me they had enjoyed burgers, nuggets, chips and my all time fave strawberry milkshake at mcdonalds - can just taste it now! then i had to contend with the biscuit barrell...mmmmm party rings.

Don't know how anybody else feels but kids have a way of making food look better than it is!

I could have murdered a cheeseburger or even just one party ring but i managed to resist - is there such a thing as food addiction because I THINK I HAVE IT!!!???

Lets hope today is a smoother day - its no been too bad on the whole though.

Food eaten today:

Scrambled egg, 2 slices ham, 2 slices chicken and some cottage cheese
2 Cod fillets and cottage cheese
Beef, prawns and cottage cheese

I also had a strawberry Muller Light - now the packet says fat free and the Mr Dukan says you can have two fat free yogurts with fruit in each day so are these actually alowed??? I HOPE SO :sign0163:

Cant wait to get weighed in the morning....wonder if i will lose another 2 pounds....now that would be amazing!

Quote of the day: Anything is possible, It's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen.

Morning Joles, here's a quote for you - "Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin" so next time your kiddies are tucking into Mickey D's or raiding the biscuit barrel think about all those pesky pounds that you are losing forever and how brilliant you'll feel putting on a lovely dress or getting into skinny jeans!

As for the fruity Muller yogurts, the experts here seem to be advising to try and avoid these if you think your weight loss is slowing or stalling.

Have a good day! Xx :)

That quote is soooo true Lausanne! Managed to hold it together! School hols - who needs em eh?!

Ok so not updated for a couple of days as been bed bound! Here goes....

Day 5 - Tuesday 9th August 2011

Vital statistics

Weight today - 11 st 10 ( another 2 off whoopdiwhooooooo) 6 lb lost so far!!!

Good news hubby got me oat bran from Holland and Barratt - we r now talking again ha!

That's about all the chat I've got today as stil rough! Hate note bein able to do anything! Still can't believe I'm losing weight as I'm unable to exercise at the moment - really chuffed!

Food eaten

Cottage cheese rolled up in chicken slices
Toffee mullerlight
Prawns and fromage frais
Turkey in cajun spice with an omelette

Day 6 - Wed 10th August 2011

Vital statistis

Weight today - 11 st 9 - slow down but at least another one off!

Not been very hungry today does that mean ketosis??

Food eaten

Oat bran gallete with sweetener and fromage frais
Crabsticks and cottage cheese
Omlette with prawns

Day 7 - Thur 11th August 2011

Vital statistics

Weight today - 11 st 7 (another 2 off - 9 so far!) IMPRESSED

Well should have started cruise today but had another day on attack - book says I can do it for upto 10 days - think I'm scared to take the next step as done so well on attack and feel great! Will have another read of the Dukan Diet book before I cross over I think...need advice!

Goin for a coffe tomorrow for a catch up with my friend the food won't bother me as I will eat before I go out - just wondering if I could have a skinny latte at starbucks - I guess so!

Food eaten

Oat bran gallete with toff yogurt
Chicken
2 homemade mince lean mince burgers
Cottage cheese

Saw somewhere I can have frozen burgers need to check which ones!

Think I wil do attack again tomorrow!

Quote of the day - Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks - haha

Friday 12th August 2011

Day 8

Vital statistics

Weight today - 11st 5lb (2 off again whoop whoop!)

Had another day on attack but hardly eating anything just not hungry (which is definately a first for me!) This is the 7th day of attack now and really should do cruse phase but not sure how its gunna work!

Didn't end up goin for coffee so didn't cheat! I am worried about sunday tho as I'm at a cgristening all day and not sure what's gunna be on the buffet! I'm bein godmother so wonder if I can have a day off without too much damage?? Also don't want to stay teetotal! Guess that will be harder than the food as its family and friends that love a good knees up!

Will have done a full week on attack by the end of today so can't wait to update my ticker in the morning and take my measurements - wish me luck!

Food eaten today

Omlette with cottage cheese
2 homemade burgers with lean mince

Quote of the day - Every choice you make has an end result

You are doing brilliantly! :happy096: The weight seems to be just falling off you. Are you noticing it in your clothes yet?

Hope the christening went well and that you were able to 'do the Dukan'.

PS Just looking at your food posts - are you're eating enough? Too little and your body will go into starvation mode. The experienced posters on here seem to be saying that the more you eat the better you lose in the long term with Dukan. Do you post in the daily menu thread? The experts in there will give you great feedback. Hope you don't mind me being a nosy biddy?! :) Xx

Well done on your loss but you really ought to go on to Cruise now.
Also, please could you feel in your stats in the User CP? (just makes it easier for people to give advice if we know the details!)
Hope you manage to keep to Dukan at the Christening.

Back