Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

me too ;)

Well done on the loss & it's only .6 before you hit the 9st mark so get yourself on there girl. Might be joining you ;)

Haha, thanks for all the dating encouragement you guys! Am not loving the thought of it to be honest! Hang in there Jojo, I saw you're having a tough time with your other half. I hope that whatever happens is the thing that makes you happy.
Jx

Cruise Day 13: Unlucky for some....

Right, so, Monday’s weigh in was incredibly exciting and a bit unexpected as I’d just had 4 days of PV while away. Then again, looking back, my only ‘cheat’ was 5 grams of cheese under duress to please my Mum, so maybe I did deserve it!

But I know, from bitter experience, that motivation is always high at the start and as the weight loss slows it gets harder so am going to remain vigilant! I need to get back to the gym this week too – until a few weeks ago I was going most days and doing really hard workouts. Didn’t make much difference to my weight, but I was definitely getting more toned and I don’t want to lose that. Have been using Dukan as an excuse to have a lie in – that’s changing, I’m going to go and kick some butt. My butt!

On Sunday night I made more lemon muffins and attempted some mini cheesecakes. Realised I’d been using wheat germ instead of wheat bran in the muffins so far, oops. Will try to source wheat bran today. Also realised I forgot to eat my oat bran on Monday. Had planned to have a lemon muffin but it was off – can you keep them in the fridge?

The cheesecakes weren’t a huge success. The raw mix tasted ok but not convinced I like the cooked texture – bit too, dunno, just a funny texture. Maybe I did something wrong though as the recipe said the amount would fill 6 muffin moulds but mine filled 9. Also managed to dye the edges of them blue from the muffin cases. Is it possible that I am actually turning into Bridget Jones? And if so, where the hell is Colin Firth? (In fact, can I swap him for Colin Farrell?)

Ok, food for Monday (PP):

B: 2 x lemon muffins, 150g low fat yoghurt + ½ tbsp oatbran, decaf coffee
L: slice smoked salmon, 25g quorn chunks, tin tuna + 1 chopped gherkin, 125g cottage cheese, 1 mini cheesecake
S: mini cheesecake
D: 1 veggie sausage, 50g salmon frittata, 60g prawns, 25g quorn pepperami

Sweetener: max 2 thirds tbsp in total (from muffins & cheesecake)
Exercise: 60 mins walking, climbing stairs to office 3 times. (When Dukan made up the ‘no lifts, no escalators’ rule, was he thinking of those of us working on the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] floor? Or doesn’t he live in a place with skycrapers??)
WW propoints: 24

Oooh, and back at work today I had my first ‘have you lost weight?’ comment. Yeeha! (Although why my response was ‘um, dunno, maybe, hope so’ rather than ‘yes, I have, thank you very much for noticing!’ I have no idea!)

Evening meal got messed up again because I didn’t get home until after 10pm. Can see I’m going to have to get more prepared and carry round emergency food for dinner as well some days as I really need to stop eating late at night.

Hope everyone else out there is doing ok today!

Last edited:
hey joodle,

me too on the gym front. i didn't think it was a good idea on attack, but haven't really have a good excuse since starting cruise. the good news is that i joined a new gym tonight! we moved office a few months back and my gym was much further away - another reason i started slipping up. my membership is up in a month and i found a fantastic new gym just 10 mins walk from my office. woohoo!! so i'm going to keep my bet with rednicola and try and make a spin class this week.

i keep my muffins in the fridge, by the way, joodle.

Cx

Hi

You're doing really well :)

I keep my muffins in the fridge. My recipe is supposed to make 8 but I get 12 fairy cake size ones from it. So eat 3 of these a day, 2 at work and one in the evening. This gives me half my oatbran and for breakfast I have 1 tbsp oatbran with fromage frais

Xx

Right, muffins in the fridge, got it, thanks!

About to head out so here's today's diary so far, in case I don't get a chance later:

Day 14 on cruise, PV

Was out delivering some training this morning but managed to be prepared and took enough food with me for breakfast and lunch. Even managed to sneak in a coffee in the sun on my way back to the office – glorious outside!

Nervous about dinner tonight – meeting a few people for an event on the Southbank and we’ll be eating first. Will try to suggest a restaurant that is likely to have some Dukan friendly fare – this is the first time I’ve tried eating out while on the diet...all advice welcome!

B: 2 x lemon muffins, 1 small decaf skinny latte +1 sweetener
L: 100g smoked salmon, bunch asparagus, rocket, 125g cottage cheese, 60g courgette ‘quiche’ (of smelly bag fame)

Will report back on how/if I manage to navigate the eating out test!

Sweetener: 1 ½ tsp
Exercise: 90 mins walk so far

hey joodle,

so i'm going to keep my bet with rednicola and try and make a spin class this week.

Cx

Right, count me in on the bet! Last woman there makes the next batch of muffins :cool:

Hi

You're doing really well :)

I keep my muffins in the fridge. My recipe is supposed to make 8 but I get 12 fairy cake size ones from it. So eat 3 of these a day, 2 at work and one in the evening. This gives me half my oatbran and for breakfast I have 1 tbsp oatbran with fromage frais

Xx

Mmm, like the idea of splitting things up a bit more. Nice tip, thanks!

Steak,chicken or fish with salad. Just ask for no dressing or it on the side.

Good luck xx

As you don't eat meat it's going to be have to be fish or seafood, have a big salad & ask for the dressing on the side. Have a good night x

LOL at Bridget Jones! :D

I abandoned the cheesecakes too - chewily bizarre!

Enjoy your night out :D

P x

If there's nothing on the menu that is Dukan friendly, then it's always worth just asking! Most places are willing to cobble something together that doesn't break the rules :D

Enjoying your diary :)

Joodle said:
Right, count me in on the bet! Last woman there makes the next batch of muffins :cool:

Good on ya girls :):)

Loving your diary Hun .....the Bridget jones Colin firth thing really made me giggle :):) hope you survived the meal ok.....I've eaten out and always managed it ....... lots of nice fish about x

Thanks so much for all the tips you guys! I was all totally psyched up, ready to brave even the most carb heavy of menus....but then the two who were coming in from Oslo got delayed and my other friend is on a real budget so we decided to picnic instead! I had enough lunch leftovers with me so was completely fine. Phew! But next time I eat out, I will be ready! I never really thought of ordering things that weren't on the menu before. Does that really work? I know I'll have to eat out some time, but was a bit relieved to escape it tonight. Just want to make sure I'm a bit more comfortable with the diet before I put too much temptation in my way, if that makes sense.

Ok, better get to bed if I'm going to attempt an early morning gym session tomorrow. Didn't know I was a betting girl but apparently I am when it comes to Dukan muffin making!

So to complete the first part of today:

D:1 veggie sausage, 50g smoked tofu, 1 egg, 1/2 ramekin sugar free jelly

WW propoints: 19

Exercise: another 90 minutes walking.

Last edited:
LOL at Bridget Jones! :D

I abandoned the cheesecakes too - chewily bizarre!

Enjoy your night out :D

P x

Yeah, what is it with the chewiness? Guess it may just be connected to the lack of fat, lack of sugar, lack of cream cheese.....

Dang.

Hooray! Have an event tonight but tomorrow might be the night! I'm going to make myself chocolate mousse as a reward :p

Hooray! Have an event tonight but tomorrow might be the night! I'm going to make myself chocolate mousse as a reward :p

Chocolate mousse? We can make that? ***Squeals and sprints to recipe thread***

Back