Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Cruise day 15

Made it to the gym this morning, take that you stay-the-same-two-days-in-a-row-scales, bam!

Spin class wasn’t on but I did an hour’s body pump instead which I hope counts for betting purposes... :innocent0001: First time in about 4 weeks (shameful) and I predict I will be in agony tomorrow.

Wondering if I’ve been staying the same, despite no cheats at all and over 3 hours of walking yesterday, because I’ve been having too many meat-substitutes (quorn, smoked tofu etc) which do all have some carbs and fat, even though they seem to be within the general limits given for acceptable items. Am going to try to stick, more or less, to pure fish protein today and see what happens. Or have I just put my body into shut-down mode having missed a couple of meals by accident? How depressing if I have – I reckon I’m eating a third of the calories I was 3 weeks ago so to stay the same just seems mean!!

In other news, I’ve just seen that one laughing cow extra light is allowed a day. Result – I love their triangular goodness! Also found a small pot of this fat free, carb free, everything-except-lots-of-chemicals-free popcorn flavouring. Obviously won’t be using it for popcorn but wondered if it could go on no-fat roasted veg on a PV day? It’s really high in salt so would have to be a treat rather than regular feature Calories in Kernel Season's - Popcorn Seasoning, Popcorn Salt | Nutrition Facts and Information Any thoughts?

Today: PP

B: 1 x muffin, 150g total + lemon flavour+sweetener
L: 100g smoked salmon, 100g spicy lime baked prawns, 120g crab sticks (=4 more than recommended max of 8, so sue me)
D: 1 x muffin, 100g dill and mustard baked salmon, 1sf jelly
S: 90g tinned mackerel in spring water

Exercise: 1hr body pump, 60 mins walking, 3 x 12 flights of those damn stairs
Sweetener: 2tsps total (muffins +added to yoghurt) + whatever it is from the jelly
WW propoints (for interest): 18. Think I might go back and add these totals to previous posts as want to see if they correlate with weight lost or not. Am practically a scientist. :D

Last edited:
Ooooo recipe sounds good and well done on all that exercise today.....proud of you :):)

Thanks Nicola!

Ok wouldn't normally post daily weight (normally, hah! I've only been doing this a few days, check me!) but today I was 8st 13.8lbs. Can't even remember when I was last in the eights, must be 2 or 3 years ago at least so this feels good!

But the flip side is that I now have to get back online dating. Eek!

hello ladies!

isn't it wonderful that we can look forward to something like chocolate mousse on dukan?!!

I think there is more than one thread for the recipe: the one i found was here:
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recip...me-accross-here-so-thought-i-would-share.html - looks like the same recipe that you found, though. Haven't tried it yet but it looks amazing!

well done on the body pump, joodle! and i'm so looking forward to reading about the dating adventures :). pump is probably my favorite class but i haven't done it since at least May, so i know the next one will be painful.

urgh, it looks like i am losing the muffin bet, though... i was going to try and work out tonight, but still feel fluey, and tomorrow evening i have a farewell party for a colleague. but maybe i'll just pop in for a quick drink (soda water, of course!) and try a later class.

keep up with the entertaining posts!

Cx

PS just checked and there is a 7:15pm spin class, so drinks at 5 and off to the gym at 6:30. i'm still in the running! :)

Last edited:
Pretty non-eventful day today apart from the weather turning bizarrely tropical - what's going on?!

Day 16 cruise

B: muffin
S: Starbucks tall skimmed decaf sugar free hazelnut latte (yep, I was a bit embarrassed to order it!)
L: asparagus, spinach and prawns, smoked salmon salad with rocket and cherry tomatoes, 1 veggie sausage
D:75g vegetable frittata, 80g smoked salmon, 2 tbsp smoked mackerel pate (made with peppered mackerel fillets, 1 teaspoon extra low fat philly, 1 tsp 0% fromage frais and lemon juice), sugar free jelly, 2 sugar free sweets
WW points: 25

Need to get more organised for breakfasts and dammit, just realised I didn't have the 2nd teaspoon of oat bran. Was really starving when I got in from work and was wanting something really sweet and carby (first time I've really felt like that since starting) but I made myself eat some protein first and it went away pretty quickly. Still can't quite believe the change in my eating habits since starting this - eating urges that felt uncontrollable a few weeks ago are barely an issue now. Early days but right now it feels like a bit of a miracle.

As predicted am in agony after the gym yesterday - when I got to work my legs were like 'nuh-uh, no way are we doing those 12 flights of stairs to the office'. But I made them. :sign0151:

Off to try making a microwave oat bran biscuit for breakfast tomorrow. Biscuits in the microwave just seem wrong, but I'm intrigued!

Night all.

J

Last edited:
Celebrated too soon....9st 1lb this morning, darn.

Am undeterred, come on prawns, let's be having you!

Joodle, you are having 2tbsp of oatbran a day and not 2 tsp, aren't you?

Good luck on your amazing journey, J!

I noticed too that you wrote "teaspoon"... I hope it is a tablespoon, eh?
I love oat bran.

Aww, thanks for spotting that and checking up on me you guys! :flowers: But I just wrote it wrong - I'm measuring out heaping tablespoons which I checked when I started and they do weight 15g each.

Haven't found my perfect oatbran recipe yet though. The lemon muffins I've been making are ok but not a stand out treat as such! Think I need to keep experimenting!

Joodle said:
Thanks Nicola!

Ok wouldn't normally post daily weight (normally, hah! I've only been doing this a few days, check me!) but today I was 8st 13.8lbs. Can't even remember when I was last in the eights, must be 2 or 3 years ago at least so this feels good!

But the flip side is that I now have to get back online dating. Eek!

Omg well done joodle .....haha yeah no excuse now get finding that fella xxx

well done Joodle, you go girl, thats good.

I made some vanilla moist cake muffins, they are very yum, not sure where i found the recipe so if you need it, let me know and I'll put it up somewhere LOL.

Soooooooo when are you going to sort out your profile for internet dating then ????? You said it now so you have to do it :)

Hey, when did you guys become dating-related cyber bullies?!?! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Well, I did write a first draft of my profile....but I just don't think it sounds like the sort of thing that you're meant to write!

:sigh:

well done Joodle, you go girl, thats good.

I made some vanilla moist cake muffins, they are very yum, not sure where i found the recipe so if you need it, let me know and I'll put it up somewhere LOL.

Ooh, please! They sound fab. Mine are always a little on the heavy, stodgy side....

Cruise day 17

Bit disappointed to have gained back a pound since yesterday but am not going to focus on daily fluctuations. I did eat more than usual yesterday as I was hungry in the evening and trying to damp down my first proper cravings for sweet carbs. Still stayed well within my daily points allowance for weight watchers though (even though I’m not limiting my points, just tracking them). Still, guess that means I don’t have to get online dating yet, right?!?!

Got to the gym before work for a 30 min cardio session. Didn’t feel any different to before doing Dukan so am still waiting for all this exhaustion and feeling terrible that is meant to hit anyone who reduces their carb intake dramatically but still tries to exercise. Anyone suffered this? I’m getting more convinced that those who criticise the diet have never ever tried it.

Finally cracked it with the yoghurt today. I’ve been forcing myself to have some total 0% with sweetener and flavouring but not really enjoying it. Today I reduced the sweetener a bit and upped the flavouring to 1 ½ tiny capfuls and it was lovely. Am going to see what other flavourings are out there. Have never seen anything other than lemon, almond, orange, vanilla, peppermint and chocolate extracts in the supermarkets and the ones on the Dukan site look insanely expensive. Someone, somewhere must be selling other variations and it is my mission to find them.

Was also wondering if anyone’s tried the weight watchers low fat citrus yoghurts? They look ok to my inexperienced eyes (a 120g pot has 6g carb, 4g protein and 0 fat). I was thinking of using these mixed with fromage frais to make the little frozen yoghurt pots that Eccab/Becky mentions in her diary. Is that going to throw me off do you think? Had a look round the site and can't see a definitive answer on them.

Also had my first ever Dukan biscuit, the microwaved type made with oatbran, yoghurt, sweetener and flavouring. Took the one I made with orange and chocolate extract in to work today. Could probably have taken one of my wellington boots instead and not noticed the difference to be honest. Am hoping the others are better....I did zap them a bit longer and they seem a bit crisper so let’s see. If not, it’s back to the muffins! Microwaved biscuits anyway....there’s just something a bit wrong about that!

B: 150g total 0% + ½ tsp sweetener + vanilla extract, 1 choc orange flavoured oatbran biscuit
L: smoked salmon, 100g poached prawns, 2 x mini cheesecakes (only one of these rubbery little beggars left in the fridge, praise be)
D: 1 veggie sausage, 50g smoked tofu, 1 tbsp mackerel pate

Sweetener: you know what? I don’t really care any more! Yes, in an ideal world it’s probably best avoided but it’s making things taste better...so I give in!
Exercise: 30 min cross trainer, 50 mins walking
WW Propoints:19

Felt a little funny today – had hot flushes which I’ve noticed before, mostly during the attack phase. They tend to happen after I’ve eaten protein only and I think I read somewhere that digesting protein can cause the body temperature to rise as it’s having to work harder. Anyone got anything on this? (I’m ‘only’ 38, it’s not the menopause is it?!?)

End of tomorrow will mark 3 weeks on Dukan which equals 3 weeks without chocolate, wine, bread or cheese. Or crisps for that matter!! I never thought this would be possible as in the past, trying to give any one of them up for even 24 hours, heck, even 12 hours has been the most enormous internal battle. Hope I don’t trip up between now and then!

Last edited:
Lovin your posts Joodle - keep going gal, fab that you got into the 8's - need to update your ticker!! x

...except that I got back out of them the very next day Trudy!! Seem to swing a bit depending on whether it's PP or PV (as I haven't cheated at all). Never mind, hopefully will be back there for official weigh in on Monday and will update things then. Onwards! Jx

Back