Jools' Final Leg - The Atkins Way

jools1986

Silver Member
I have decided to start a new diary for the final leg of my journey.

Reading back through my old diary bought back some memories but it also made me feel a bit like I have failed by not going back on the shakes.

So I have decided to treat this as a seperate journey, the final leg if you will, taking it one stone at a time. I hope to be at my goal of 9st 7lbs for my birthday, which is the 21st June.

I realised I was putting far too much pressure on myself to lose ridiculous amounts of weight in severe ways and it was just causing me to binge. So for me Atkins is the way forward :)

My start weight for "the final leg" was 14st exactly, today I am 13st 11lbs.

So here I will record my daily food intake and probably a million ramblings!

Welcome and good luck, Jools.

Hi Jools, I'll be following this diary for sure.

Hi jools. Good luck :)

Morning Jools

not had much to report as I have been moving house (again!) managed to stick to atkins 100% though so I'm feeling good.

Ketosis has well and truly kicked in I am feeling no hunger again but I do have an addiction to chorizo and cathedral city minis haha.

Life in general is VERY stressful at the moment so I am keeping a diary (a personal one) to try and tackle emotional eating.

I am ITCHING to get on some scales but I am going to resist until 2 weeks is over.

I did a big meat and cheese and veg shop yesterday so I am fully prepared for the first 2 weeks of induction and hopefully will propell myself out of the 13s.

Yesterday I had (bearing in mind I was moving house all day)

B: Chicken breast left overs
l: chicken thighs from rotisarrie, feta and olive salad
d: chicken tikka slices, fridge raiders (carbs counted)
S: Cathedral city mini, atkins day break bar, mini salamis

A day a bit high in calories and too low in carbs but I had to make the best of having no cooking facilities

Today I am having
b: atkins bar
l: chorizo and cheese salad
d: chicken with broccoli, cabbage bacon and garlic
s: sf jelly and cream

I blimmin love atkins!

not had much to report as I have been moving house (again!) managed to stick to atkins 100% though so I'm feeling good

Life in general is VERY stressful at the moment so I am keeping a diary (a personal one) to try and tackle emotional eating.

I blimmin love atkins!

atkins is great for foodies and stressfull times combined!

you're doing well x

the move went well thanks! i have moved into a lovely house with lovely girlies. They were all eating noodles earlier and then suddenly became very interested in my cabbage and chicken concoction! funny how everyone is jealous of the food I eat!

Glad to hear, hun :)

Just looked at your stats, you are doing so fantastically well. And more to come - the flatmates will be very jealous of all your lovely food :)

Morning Jools

disaster has struck, MY LAPTOP HAS BROKEN! Hence the shoddy diary upkeep haha.

Past couple of days have been good, stuck to induction rules 100% and I'm feeling full of energy and no hunger :)

However I am getting ever so slightly sick of chicken breast I must admit, I need to be adventurous with meat but being a very broke student I have to finish what is stashed in my freezer first. So tuna and chicken it is for the next week or so.

I am looking forward to weighing in on monday I am hoping for a good loss this week (I am aware that I said I wouldn't weigh for a month but I need to make sure I'm not gaining to adjust my food intake) my stomach definitely feels flatter though and my mum has commented on this weekends home visit that I look smaller again!

todays menu is as follows
B: Atkins advantage bar (I had blood tests so I needed something quick after fasting)
L: Bacon and eggs
D: chicken and cheese salad with mayo
S: sf Jelly and double cream

everyone always knows when I am home as one shelf of the freezer is full of meat and sf jellies!

ROLL ON WI!! I am HOPING to be around 13st 9lbs giving me a 6lbs loss which is average for my first week of induction although anywhere under 14st 0lbs will be good :)

Hey jools, I wondered where you were.

I am still here, although I am now here quickly remembering why I hate pork scratchings! bleuch! Worth a go though I suppose lol

I quite like pork scratchings myself :)

mmm the real fatty ones with hair on ;) pmsl

Hey Jools,
Another Exante defector! Good to see you are still going. So much better than not eating. Good luck hun x

Back