Joolz's Management diary - Week 6

Joolz, it sounds horrendous.

Is there no alternative to such a punishing schedule? It sounds like a receipe for stress and ill-health to me.

I sometimes wonder why we keep going on our treadmills, running and running to catch up and never really getting a break. Is it any wonder we eat too much or drink to much to cope?

Where is our quality of life?

Well, that's my moan for today!

I am glad you survived the day Joolz, please do take care of yourself, hun!

Thanks for the comments AJ. It was a ridiculous day - and a punishing week - culminating in a few private tears on Thursday. But that happens with work sometimes.

Anyway, not been on here for a few days as so busy.

However, things are pretty good. I've put the horrendous week at work last week behind me. Had a fab weekend. Went shopping with my eldest niece (who I adore) and she "Trinny and Suzanna'd me. bought loads of new clothes and I now have a summer wardrobe that FITS, is trendy (but not a mutton dressed as lamb look as I am past 40 and she is 25!), and has loads of mix and match stuff to see me through summer.

We had such a laugh trying on stuff and making comments. Some of the fashions are so YUK!! My fav purchases were a lemon yellow short swing cotton jacket in New Look (very Audrey Hepburn) and a pair of SKINNY JEANS - I 've never owned a pair of proper fitting jeans in my life - let alone a skinny pair. Tried on about 6 pairs of jeans in different shops but I went back to the first pair I tried on as they were comfy, made my bum look nice (niece's words not mine) and were hip and cool. Oasis £42. I love them!!!!

So loads of bags came home and my credit card took a pounding but the feel good factor and quality time with my niece was so worthwhile!!
Marie (niece) set to me - I've always loved you Julie, but promise me you will not go back to how you were as I think you look so fantastic and I love seeing you like this.
Another incentive to stay slim...

Eating wise was good at the weekend. After shopping we bought salad, prawns and salmon in M+S and took them back to my sister's to eat in the garden - much better than a KFC or Burger King in a shopping centre. Yummy.

Yesterday after a lovely long walk at Nymans Gardens (National trust - the bluebells were out!!) hubby and I stopped for lunch at a pub/restaurant we used to go to a lot (pre LL). Firstly, the manager didn't recognise me - he took hubby to one side and commented, then getting the green light from hubby that it was OK to comment on my weightloss, he told me I looked great and he thought hubby had another woman as he so didn't recognise me!!

To eat I had a crayfish and smoked salmon salad starter size - they do a main course size but I knew it would be too big). I was right - the lovely square platter was just the right size for me - loads of fish and fresh leaves (I declined the dressing). also had a large glass of white wine and fizzy water. A lovely lunch.

In the afternoon pottered in the garden, cleared out a wardrobe (chucked loads of stuff away), but there are still loads of cupboards and drawers to sort out.

Dinner - I cooked a boneless leg of lamb and had that with steamed leeks, courgettes, broccoli and asparagus. Fruit and yoghurt for pud.

A lovely weekend.

now looking foward to Week 6 of management which starts today - including more fruits, nuts and seeds this week).

By my scales I'm the same weight this morning - but official LL weigh in is Wednesday eve.

"....After shopping we bought salad, prawns and salmon in M+S and took them back to my sister's to eat in the garden - much better than a KFC or Burger King in a shopping centre...."

You are so right about that Joolz. It's utter rubbish - why did I ever eat it. It must have been so lovely to sit in the sunshine, relaxing with friends and eating yummy, tasty, healthy food. Mmmmmm.

".....crayfish and smoked salmon salad ....."

Mmmmm. No more Joolz! Too much drooling now!

"....boneless leg of lamb and had that with steamed leeks, courgettes, broccoli and asparagus. Fruit and yoghurt for pud."

Oh all right then, just a bit more...

This is my first week after the end of 12 weeks of Management and I made an interesting discovery.

Well, first of all, I managed to put on 1/2 lb this week. That is the first weight gain since doing LL.

Came home from meeting tonight feeling ok. Didn't have my tea until 8.30 and was hungry. Had leftovers from the weekend, chopped and stir-fried with one of my special dressings. Served with spinach!

After had melted dark chocolate with chopped pears and fresh pineapple. About 40g of chocolate.

Was sitting doing the computer stuff when I realised that I wanted more chocolate. Went and got a drink, then took out a piece each of dark choc/ginger and dark choc/raspberry. Came back and ate them. Wanted more chocolate. Decided that after I'd finished the chocolate I would not get any more.

Then decided to just throw it all away. All of it. So, I've just done that. The whole lot is in the bin outside. It will be taken away tomorrow morning.

I can't believe that I was actually thinking of eating it all now so I didn't have it in the house any more. How's that for crooked thinking. Crazy eh.

I don't want this sort of complication any more so no more chocolate. If it's not there, I won't think about it. I felt so much better after I'd got rid of the stuff, I can tell you!

Anyway, nice to hear how you're getting on Joolz! Keep posting, and good luck for Wednesday.

AJ

Back