Jo's beautiful bridesmaid dress diary

I'm back! Had some laptop problems but finally managed to get it working again, was a funny few days without the net!

Tried on my bridesmaid dress, was pleasantly surprised, the colour was nicer than I'd thought it would be, and I didn't look to bad although have definitely got to get cracking on my arms as they just look awful :(

My best friend's sister is even skinner than I remember, so that was a bit depressing, I really am going to the be the fat one on the end, I don't even have any other bridesmaids to hide behind, its just me and her sister. I'm going to print the photo off and stick it on my fridge for inspiration.

I shall put the photo on here later once I have found my camera cable.

Not sure if going to WI tomorrow will just depend on whether we get the next lot of snow that has been forecast. Have been able to get about today but yesterday was a total nightmare.

Gym workout this morning, housework this afternoon, am still trying SO hard!

Just got back from my WI and have lost a pound which I'm feeling very pleased about. Now off upstairs to reward myself with an hour's lie-down with my book and my electric blanket, total bliss!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Only just managed to get back online after yet another epic laptop failure, not impressed!

Haven't been very good eating wise, went to WI on Wednesday tho and have 'only' put on half a pound, am really pleased with that tbh as it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Am really paying for my overindulgences now as my kidneys are really hurting through too much wine, I've had an almost constant headache and fuzziness since Christmas Eve, all because of too much wine. Really want to get back on plan and get some decent food into me.

We've got a NYE party to go to tonight where I'm sure there will be all the usual party food and so on, but I'm not going to drink much.

We've got a nice lunch with friends on New Years Day and then I've got a bike ride planned on Sunday with a friend, and a Sainsbury's trip planned for the afternoon. I've still been going to the gym and we got Wii Fit Plus for xmas so I've been on that, damage limitation has been quite good really.

Onwards and upwards for the new year, counting down to April's bridesmaid duties now.

:happy036::happy036::banana dancer::0icanfly::party0011::party0011::party0011::wee::woohoo::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Am totally over the moon - somehow have managed to lose 3lbs in the last week! Have lost seven in total, so I got my first lovely big sticker - need to find out how to get one on my profile - have lost 7lbs in 6 weeks and just worked out that I've lost a whole stone throughout last year, as I can distinctly remember coming home from Centre Parcs on 15th Jan last year, and weighing myself in at 13st 6lbs.

Sadly we're not able to go this year so I won't be able to compare photos but nevermind, I'm just more than thrilled with what I've done, totally motivated to keep it off this week and hopefully get rid of some more, and just really pleased with myself in general.

For those of you feeling down and miserable after the festive period, for new starters, please please take it from me that this CAN be done.

Thanks Jane x

Second full day back on track, feeling good, that fuzzy feeling that has followed me around for the last two weeks has now gone thank goodness, been eating loads of fruit and veg and drinking lots of water - am still unconvinced with the loss shown on the scales but will work extra hard this week to make sure that it still shows next week, plus hopefully some extra off.

Having another good day so far although I feel a bit sick and yucky, not much appetite at all at the moment, am sick of this horrible weather which I think is making me feel all cold and rubbish - its constantly damp, cold and raining.

Really longing for some sunshine now. V disappointed as we usually go to Centre Parcs at this time of year, just to warm up and relax, but we just can't afford it this year. I know I should be grateful that we've been able to go twice before, but I could seriously do with it right about now! Doesn't help that the adverts for it are constantly on tv!

Am cross that my two SW awards just won't come up in my signature, I know I've done it properly but they won't work on my internet explorer, thinking of changing over to firefox again. Hate computers!

Awaiting to hear about a job that I applied for a few weeks ago, the closing date was Tuesday. Really need to work even though I wanted to try to last out until September when my DS goes to school, but our money situation is such that I really need something now :-( it seems to be the same for everyone everywhere at the moment, think this year is going to be very tough. Won't give up my SW meetings though as there's no way I can lose weight without that weekly WI and meeting.

Hope everyone's day is going well x

Just realised that I've gone over my syns slightly today, but still had a good day, and I've been to the gym and done a bit of wii fit. Here's my diary for today - you'll see immediately where I made a slightly silly decision!

Breakfast

High Fibre Alpen
Milk from HEXA allowance

Mid-Morning Snack

WW mini cookies - 5

Lunch

1 slice wholemeal HEXB
Macaroni cheese 1/2 tin - 3 syns

Pre-tea Snack

1 slice wholemeal - 4 syns!
Soft Cheese - 2 syns!

Dinner

Jacket - free
Beans - free
Low fat cheese - HEXA

Actually that only adds up to 14 syns, so that's still within the limits, had thought I'd gone slightly over. You can see where I went wrong tho - shouldnt have had that bag of WW mini cookies, by gum they're yummy though. And because my gym session was slightly later and then we had a late tea, by half six I was starving and getting a bit wobbly after exercising so I had a slice of wholemeal with some low fat soft cheese (am finding Sainsbury's own brand the nicest by far at the moment btw!). I could have made a wiser choice with those biscuits but all in all the main thing is that its a third day in a row on track.

We've been invited out for lunch on Sunday to our friends house - he's doing sweet and sour which will probably be a jar job as he's a real jar cook bless him, so I'll save some syns up tomorrow to get me through. No wine or desert for me.

Still trying to keep that positive feeling going even tho things bit down for me at the moment - one of my friends is going through a tough time but is kind of shutting me out a bit, we've gone from seeing each other or speaking on the phone to nothing except the odd text; am really missing her but that just makes me feel pathetic and selfish...she'll come round in her own time but it has bruised me a bit.

Here's to the weekend everyone x

Thanks uoyevoli! just worked out that you name is i love you backwards, god I'm clever!

Had a funny night's sleep, lots of protracted dreams and thoughts about my friends wedding, starting to get anxious about it now, and a bit guilty that I haven't really got too involved in the plans :-( tho she is very close to her sister and mum so they have done quite a bit of it. I just wish we could spend as much time together as we used to.

OH is working this morning so I shall take the opportunity to wallow in a nice hot bath, lovely! Only annoyance is that my back teeth are still hurting quite a bit, think the wisdom tooth is moving about, not nice.

Really hope I hear something from that job this week, am starting my evening temping the week after next which will be a nice change, and ease the money worries a bit.

Hope that you hear about the job soon JoRoger and that the news will be positive. Sorry that you are feeling down at the moment. Sending a hug your way. X

Thanks Jane, am feeling a bit better after some texts from my friend this morning, getting really nervous about the wedding now, as it just seems so far away for ages and then suddenly its on top of you, think I am more nervous about hers than I was about my own!

I do get down quite a bit, and have had a funny bug for a while, constantly tired and achey, teeth are playing me up, other than that though I just take each day as it comes and find that being as healthy as I can be makes me a lot happier.

That said tho I am considering going back to bed with my book until OH gets home!

Been a week or so since I've posted, things not going too great to be honest, we went away this weekend just gone and I ate and drank loads, had no exercise at all and generally went a bit mad. Found it very hard to get back on track and was very much kicked in the backside with a 2lbs gain.

I can feel every single ounce of that gain, all round my tummy, bum and hips, feel absolutely dreadful.

Determined to get back on track tomorrow - on Saturday it is twelve weeks to go until the wedding, and I'm determined to shift two stone by then, two pounds per week. Got to push and push the exercise - am starting power plate sessions at my gym next week.

Not in a very good place really at the moment as you can tell but am determined to come back fighting.

Thanks Jane. Haven't had the best of weeks as my grandpa died on Friday afternoon :-( but it was expected and he is at peace now. Determined not to let anything get in the way of my aims at the moment, had three good days now and am looking forward to getting on with some exercise later on, got two gym sessions before WI and am aiming to get that 2lbs off so that I can stick to my 2lb a week plan. That will get two stone off by the wedding which would be absolutely amazing.

Happy Sunday to everyone!

Yeah I am feeling pretty motivated, I realise that I'm basically wasting a lot of time at the moment, and the only person who can make me acheive the things that I want to is ME! I've re-booked my driving theory test after failing it last time, its in two weeks, and I've sent an enquiry to a local driving school. I want to have my driving licence by my birthday, which is May. I've wasted so much time by being scared of so much, I've had enough of it and its not going to happen any longer!

Ok well not had that fantastic of a week, was DS's birthday so there has been a few parties and cakes and buffets, oops. Been totally saintly since Sunday and have done all my usual work outs and gym stuff so will just have to see what the scales come up with tomorrow. Hoping for a pound - well I'm hoping for a miracle if I'm honest!

Back