Jo's CD Diary

Quiet and Shy?? I was...you lot changed me and brought out the Ketomonster within...!!

Having done CD alone before, I cannot stress enough how much of a difference having support on a forum like this makes. Unreal.

Still in Keto after me chicken dins last night.

Going to BodyPump to see how I fare.....bit nervous :(

Will report back xxx

Body is Pumped :)

I did a whole class.....first one in 4 weeks cos of my hols and also first one on CD

I was worried I would flake out but feel great.

Expecting to be hungry later so going to SS+ today and expecting to ache tomoz

Have a good day comrades xxx

Well done on doing the class! :clap: But...

Expecting to be hungry later so going to SS+ today and expecting to ache tomoz

Oi! :copon: You have heard of self-fulfilling prophecy, I take it? Don't tell yourself you're going to be hungry! You're a lean mean fat-burning machine!

Still think SS+ is a good idea, though. :D Yeah, I never said I made sense. :8855:

Okay, let's make that last statement make sense. The extra protein in the SS+ meal will help your body repair the muscle damage and make you stronger - yay!!

lol glad the class went well hun and im with lily. you wont be hungry, you will be calm and serene and your just having a + meal to help those muscles

and since lily already gave you a :copon: for you naughty thoughts im gonna give you a :asskick:for good measure. that is all

and since lily already gave you a :copon: for you naughty thoughts im gonna give you a :asskick:for good measure. that is all

Lordy, don't we do tough love well around here? :D

:DI am a lean, mean fat burning machine!!

:DTyped in green because it rhymes with lean and machine and is bound to help subliminally.

:stinkyfeet::checkmark green::sign0137::greenapple:

Lordy, don't we do tough love well around here? :D

Tell me about it! It's like some kind of freaky ketogenic 'good cop/bad cop' thing!

Yeah *whimper*

thats the spirit! do as your told or we'll break you, lol

Too late...the evil body pump woman already pulverised me...there is little left to rough up pet!! :wave_cry:

*sigh*

Well, here I am, sofa-bound and flat as a loin cloth. Exercise is grrrrreat and I will defo keep at it during CD, but my first day post-body pump has witnessed a bit of an energy drought. Nothing drastic....just heavy of limb and a bit listless really. At about 2pm I was thinking about having my 3rd shake early and just decided to go for an afternoon kip. Slept like a baby and treated myself to Maple porridge on awakening......mmmmmm (shame I don't have gold locks).

Hot sunshine orange is perking me up a good un and I am making way for a yomp across the rain soaked fields with the hounds.

Later am planning on a bath, buff, mask and freshly pressed PJs before lurking in front of the telly. Going to have a chicken breast marinaded in curry spices with some lovely lettuce anc cucumber in place of my 4th shake.

It is the end of my first week and (this goes out especially to people in days 1-4) it reallt has gotten easier as the week has rolled on. I am at least half a stone lighter than 7 days ago and feel that I am at the start of an important journey.

I told my dad I was doing CD again on the phone today, having considered keeping my traps shut because a. he isn't 100% at the moment and b. he thinks it is really not good for you. He just went quiet and I said that I had come clean because I wanted to be able to share my weight loss successes with him. He'll be ok about it, but it gave me the chance to re-examine my own reasons for committing to this as opposed to a 'normal' plan.

Doing SS+ yesterday was a bit scary and provoked a strange set of mixed emotions. On one hand, I feared that my very desire to eat proper food might signify the end of my CD journey...kind of like the 'thin end of the wedge'. I felt weak. Uncommitted. But when I got the local butcher to weigh me out the chicken,I kind of knew I would be eating it later....

And why not?? What did it really signify? Perhaps my long-term commitment and a balanced view of the significance of food. If I want to stick at this for the next 12 weeks, I am going to have to get comfortable with occasional meals. There is no other way, and my 'black and white' thinking is not going to help. So rather than sending me careering off the wagon, the chicken incident (!!) has possibly strengthened my resolve to hang in an play the long game whilst blurring some of my crazy mental boundaries.

The decision to exercise was a biggie. Part of me wanted to wait another week until my body becomes accustomed to the plan again.The bigger part shoved me out of the door and gym-wards with two mammoth bottles of water and a nervous grin.

Outcome? The class itself was fine...no bother at all. I think I have learnt that the impact on your body is an all-day one....I am reminded that we don't have much energy to splash around on this plan.

However, I have signed up for my usual classes this week (toning,not cardio) and promised my hubby (and running mate) that I'll try to do a short, 3 mile jog interspersed with intervals if need be. Tomorrow night. He is finding it hard to motivate himself without me and if I am honest I miss my jogging.

All we can do is try eh??

The other biggie this week?? You lot!! The banter, support, laughter, coaching, information, bolstering and general friendship I have found on this site has been the key to a week of good outcomes. I cannot thank my new buddies enough for helping me through the bad times and celebrating the good times with me. Not only are you all utterly inspirational, I can sense that you are all generally worthwhile human beings and having you at my side is a gift......

So thanks!! :wave_cry: From the bottom of my crazy little heart.

It isn't that we 'can' do this girls. Oh no. We 'are' doing it. With style......ONWARDS xxx

Wow what a lovely post your reasoning makes me think your so right about you doing SS+ while exercising completely
Have a great week lovely xxxxx

How you feeling my lovely now you've rested on the sofa?
Am about to have my peanut bar Mmm.
You've done soooo well all week and inspired so many others Inc me toooooo.
Mwah xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

morning jo, hope your having a nice, relaxed sunday

I had a lovely relaxing night honies....you?

Had big pot of coffee and my peanut bar this morning (perfect combo) and a slumping round in PJs

Hey....NO ACHES this morning.....so going for that run later.

Flying visit....swoop in later :) xxx

Random question Jo but I see people putting they had 4 litres of water a day. Now is it not 2.25 plus the 284ml per shake cos seriously don't know how I'd get anymore fluid inside me lol xxx

Random question Jo but I see people putting they had 4 litres of water a day. Now is it not 2.25 plus the 284ml per shake cos seriously don't know how I'd get anymore fluid inside me lol xxx

I think the 2ltrs is a minimum to be honest - it can be a mission to do more but i try and get at least 4/5 in me as I dont drink hot drinks etc x

Cripes really? My CDC said u prevent weight loss by not having the minimum but you won't speed weightloss by having loads more. I struggle with the 2.25litre and I don't drink hot drinks other than with my bar for extra liquid xx

Back