Jo's Diary - 12 stone to lose!

I decided to go with a DD in the end, as I had only eaten an apple by 6pm, plus I remembered that Friday nights are 'treat nights' in our house. Hubby gets a bottle of wine, and I get something sweet. We had got into a really bad habit of 'treating' ourselves every night, but knocked that on the head a few months back, and haven't looked back since. Also much easier on the wallet! So I'd rather have an UD on a Friday so that I can still join in.

I ate:

1 apple before the afternoon school run - 80 cals

1 Tesco cauliflower cheese - 190 cals

A small amount of chicken, cooked with onions, mushrooms, garlic, shredded white cabbage and 1/4 tub of light garlic and herb cream cheese, with added seasoning spices and liquid smoke, with a glass of diet lemonade - 309 cals

Total - 579

I found it really easy again, sitting here now thinking it would be nice to have something else, but really not that strong a feeling and very easy to say no :) I'm going to watch a little bit of TV and then go and have a nice long shower before bed.

Really pleased that I've completed my two DDs this week :) I am really curious to see what the scale says on Sunday, I haven't weighed myself at all! As long as I lose at least 1.5lbs per week, then I'll stay on the 5:2 ratio. If it slows down then I'll put in an extra DD per week.

I found a weight loss calculator which you put your details into and how much weight you want to lose, it then tells you when you would reach your goal if you eat different amounts of calories per day. It reckons that if I eat around 1850 per day (my current daily average), then I should reach my goal by March 2016, which is 6 months earlier than planned! Of course you can't predict it that accurately, but I like those figures :)

Went shopping again, and house is now banked up with loads of veg, fruit etc so I have no excuses to not eat healthily. I think I did much better today with getting in my 5 a day. Now the trick is to also get them in on an UD. I have a terrible weakness for pizza, but will allow myself to have one a week I think.

I love that I can do that and still be following the plan, I am absolutely bloomin loving this diet so far! I really, really hope that it continues, because I don't think I've ever been on a 'diet' that I actually enjoy, let alone one that I can see myself doing for years and years.

Happy :D

Sounds like you've had a good DD :) It's great that the plan is suiting you x

It really is so far :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

A fantastic up day today! Had some chocolate as Friday is our treat night, but lowest calories of all tgr the UDs I've done so far, I think due to the fact that I had a bit of a revelation this evening.

I started off with cake for breakfast again, but that was the last slice and it's gone. I won't be replacing it for a while!

Lunch was 2 crumpets with a scrape of butter (I used to drown them in butter until it dripped out of the bottom! ) and a bit of cheese on top.

Dinner was the pork and cabbage dish that I had on my first DD on Monday, because hubby loved it so much! He always has mash or new potatoes with it and I was going to too...but here's the revelation bit...I realised that not only did I not need potatoes or rice with it, I'd prefer to not have them! :eek: such a shocker as I am usually a carb fiend!

I didn't feel stuffed and what's more, although it was treat night, I chose a lighter choccy option, so total calories for today were just over 2000. That's about 600 calories less than I am allowed, and about 300 cals less than my other UDs.

Very pleased with myself lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well?

Thank you ladies :)

Another great UD today, 2182 calories, so still way under my guideline amount :)

Still making good choices, for example choosing not to have crisps with my sandwich at lunch time even though hubby did. I'm not putting any pressure on myself to eat healthily, I'm just trying to think about whether I really do want that food, or whether I can leave it. If I want it then I have it, but whereas before I'd have eaten it regardless...now for some reason, I'm able to say no without it causing me anxiety.

Looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow, hoping for at least 1.5lbs to be on track with my goals. I don't think I'll have that massive 'first week' loss, as I had already lost half a stone by cutting down on the junk before starting this.

Weighed in this morning and I've lost exactly 4lbs! :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance::stickdance::stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

Really can not believe that I have achieved this after a 7lb loss the week before, by eating whatever I want for 5 days...it's insane...in a good way!

I'm well on track for my goal now...off to update my ticker :)

Brilliant news, Jo, so pleased for you and on top of a big loss last week! Well done, aren't we doing well??

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Brilliant news, Jo, so pleased for you and on top of a big loss last week! Well done, aren't we doing well??

We certainly are! So pleased for us :)

Not really much to report today, another good UD at around 2400 which is still below what I'm allowed to have.

Had a lovely roast lunch, and have had a really productive day today.

Crazy week coming up, and have to go to a hospital appointment tomorrow (for my sleep apnea) and am taking my 21 month old son with me which should be...interesting. :p

Still going to have a DD though! Will take fruit with me in case I get wobbly, and then I'll make some more 70 cal butternut squash soup when I get home.

For dinner I've purchased a cheap julienne peeler, so going to see if I can fashion long courgette strips with it (fake spagetti!) and serve it with a home made tomato based 'pasta' sauce with chicken in it. Fingers crossed it works! Will post photos if it does.

Just checking in...not eaten a thing yet, but had plenty of water. Really not hungry at all! I also have quite a lot of energy, but one thing I have noticed is that I get quite cold on DDs...and I'm always boiling hot! I never, ever usually get cold fingers or toes but have just turned the thermostat up to 20 degrees which is unheard of in this house!

Another DD done, found this one very easy :)

Here is what I ate today:

Screenshot_2014-02-03-20-10-53.png

The chicken pasta sauce was one I made by sauteing onion, bacon with all fat removed, celery, garlic, chicken in a tsp of oil. Then adding chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, bouillon and Piri Piri spices.

Here is a photo of the courgette after I'd sliced it using my very cheap julienne peeler from ebay!

20140203_194952.jpg

And here it is once I'd stir fried it in 1tsp of oil, let it steam a bit by putting the lid on the wok, and with the sauce on top:

20140203_202034.jpg

It was a massive plateful!

Had a good appointment at the hospital too, the nurse increased the air pressure on my breathing machine which I really wanted so am pleased with that. DS was as good as gold, and I took him a little packed lunch to eat in the car on the way back which he thought was quite exciting!

I took fruit for myself but didn't eat any, he ended up eating most of it, little fruit bat :p

DD had a 'play date' (hate that term) after school today so she didn't get home until after 6pm, she seems to have more of them than not at the moment, I think because we've had a lot of friends over here lately, so they are all repaying the favour :) she's going to another friend's house tomorrow for tea!

I am feeling a little hungry now, as it's almost 9.30pm, so will go and have my usual long shower to take my mind off it (can't eat in the shower...not even me!) and then bed.

Going to spend the day at my sister's tomorrow with the little man, she has two little ones too, so it's lovely to get them together. She's doing really well with this plan too, although she has a hell of a lot less to lose than I do. It's nice to have the support though, and we're both on UDs tomorrow. Will take along the rest of the soup I made, as it happens to be vegan (which she is), so I'm sure she'll love it.

Hope everyone else has had a good day?

What is the recipe for your soup, Jo? Sounds gorgeous, is there anything in it apart from the squash? Sounds like you've had a good day, keep up the good work!

It's delicious! And so easy!

Heat up 1 tsp oil in a large saucepan (spray oil even better).

Chop 1 onion and 1 small butternut squash and saute in the oil until onions are slightly translucent.

Mince a clove or 2 (or 3!) of garlic and add to the pan, stir about a bit then turn heat down low, clamp lid on and let the veg sweat for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally so they don't catch. This part is crucial as it's what brings out the flavour of the veg. This is true for any soup.

Then sprinkle over bouillon powder or stock cube (I use about 2 tsps of reduced salt bouillon as prefer to season to taste at the end). Stir until all veg coated then add water until veg just covered. Add a bay leaf or 2.

Simmer with lid on until butternut squash can be easily pushed through a fork on the side of the pan. Remove bay leaves then blend with stick blender until very smooth and creamy.

Taste and add salt uf needed, I sometimes also add a dash of Worcester sauce or chilli flakes...not always though.

If you split it 4 ways it's 70 cals a portion. You can add water if it's too thick but not easy to thicken up without adding calories so don't overdo the water earlier on.

It's quite sweet so it's delicious with feta or mature cheddar crumbled in if you can spare the cals.

I've also added celery and carrots at the beginning, works well but haven't done that for a while.

Hope you like it!

X

Mmmmm sounds delicious! I used to mater a butternut squash/honey/sage one, it was gorgeous, more calories of course. Once I'm off my shakes I must give this one a go. Love soup!

Back