Jo's Diary - 12 stone to lose!

Try having a herbal tea to help with the DD water retention :) lemon and ginger; fennel tea, green tea..

Do hang-in there. Remember that it's the long term results that matter. Personally I weigh myself on Friday mornings after my second DD.
(DD= down day? right?)

Hi Jo,

Glad your son is ok now. Wow, I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!

I'm beginning to suspect I retain water after a DD. I am a bit of a serial weigher & weighed myself after 2 DDs in a row (damage limitation for a naughty night out) & somehow gained a 1lb in those 2 days!!! Really really hope it's water retention, as was very fed up with it!

X

Try having a herbal tea to help with the DD water retention :) lemon and ginger; fennel tea, green tea..

Thank you! I absolutely love fennel tea!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Do hang-in there. Remember that it's the long term results that matter. Personally I weigh myself on Friday mornings after my second DD.
(DD= down day? right?)

Yes, down day :) I think I might aim to weigh in every 2 or 3 weeks rather than weekly...will see how I go. :)

Hi Jo,

Glad your son is ok now. Wow, I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!

I'm beginning to suspect I retain water after a DD. I am a bit of a serial weigher & weighed myself after 2 DDs in a row (damage limitation for a naughty night out) & somehow gained a 1lb in those 2 days!!! Really really hope it's water retention, as was very fed up with it!

X

It must be water retention, that's what I believe anyway! :)

Where is this week going? My lovely friend who is a GP has reassured me that Rowan is no longer contagious, so we ventured out today. My sister and I took our kids (4 in total!) to the local Children's Centre, which is brilliant. Even better, she's also on 5:2 so we fasted together.

Went back to hers for lunch, and the kids all had pizza. She introduced me to Minestrone Slim a Soup which was really nice, and only 61 cals!

Had nothing else until dinner which was another stir fry with chicken quorn pieces, but with rice instead of noodles, and lots of mushrooms. Yum!

I think I've been eating a bit too much on my UDs, so I'm going to try and reign those in just a little bit!

I am also struggling with my UDs but doing really well on my DDs, who'd have thought it? Good luck! (Weighing ever 2-3 weeks=scary thought!)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Woke up this morning and my water retention was a little better, by no means completely gone, but I fancied weighing in, and I've lost another lb! :) :) :)

Actually it was 1.25lbs but I'm just going by the lbs!

I think that letting myself off from feeling that I have to weigh-in on a certain day has actually made me feel like weighing-in...very odd!

I count every decimal on my weight and today was miserable. I gain 0.9lb. Yesterday I had only a small omelette on 3 eggs 3 mushrooms and ½ onion.

Well done on the pound that's great.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you :)

I count every decimal on my weight and today was miserable. I gain 0.9lb. Yesterday I had only a small omelette on 3 eggs 3 mushrooms and ½ onion.

That is disheartening, but I'm sure it will come off again soon! I've learned on this diet that the scales do all sorts of moving around!

I'm so excited! I've hit my first goal! This morning, I put on my only pair of jeans that fit at the moment (size 28) and realised that they had a large rip on the inner thigh...disaster!

Had such a busy day planned with the kids, and really don't have many clothes at the moment.

I sat there wondering what to do, then in desperation pulled out a holdall from under the bed which has smaller clothes in.

Tried on a pair of size 26 jeans and they fit very comfortably! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

By lunchtime, when I'd done lots of walking and they'd stretched a bit, I had to start hoiking them up every few minutes!

Therefore I'm going to get hubby to go in the loft over the weekend and dig out some 24s because I can't be far off!

I was a 30 only just before Christmas, I can't believe the difference! Very happy :)

Back