Jo's food log

Try googling couch to 5k as I think I remember that being a good program. It's a case of taking it slowly and doing run/walk and gradually increasing the running part. I think you are only supposed to increase your distances by 10% each week. If you book in a charity 5k in a few months time, that will give you the added incentive to keep it going.

I went to Sweatshop to get my shoes and they have you running over a sensor to see what your gait is like. They were fantastic and took back a pair of shoes that they had sold me as they hurt my feet and promptly replaced them with a better pair. Very apologetic as well!

Have fun!!

TI, I've started running too now. I used to run years ago and quite liked it but putting on the weight meant it got more difficult so I just gave up. Could not believe how much easier it appears now that I'm lighter. I've just gradually upped the minutes as the other ladies have mentioned. Last week I managed 20 minutes of running continuous. This week will try for 22-24 and see how it goes. Good luck with it, I'm sure you will enjoy it. There is something quite meditative about it....:)

Thanks everyone. I'm quite excited at the thought of running now! Perhaps a pair of new trainers for Christmas pressie from OH....

Evening! I've been internet less for the last couple of days (apart from a couple of quick bursts) as we're decorating and the router is unplugged.

I'm off work this week so that we can decorate and being at home definitely affects my eating patterns - I want to eat more at home. I want to graze all day and try different things - not good but useful to know. Have made soup the last three days, two days of butternut, carrot and sweet potato and then just carrot and coriander today. It's amazing how few calories they have really and really fill you up which is fab.

Tonight for dinner had a veggie tagine which was scrummy - it was sweet potato, red pepper, red onion and baby plum tomatoes with quinoa (which was interesting) to add some protein. It was really yummy and filling. I think sweet potato may be my new favourite thing!

I feel like I have eaten quite a lot today and yesterday but looking at my calories I still haven't quite hit 1000 - is that a bit low for the end of week 7?

Hope everyone is doing well and good luck to all the new RTMers!

Hey Jo, how you doing?

What week are you on now?

Hope things are going well.

Back