Jo's pregnancy Diary

No problem Sarah;)
My brother is 30 tommorow and his girlfriend is doing a surprise party for him, no idea what I am going to wear as I can fit into my going out black trousers but will have to find a top that covers my bump and that doesn't make me look pregnant:rolleyes:
I know I have to tell everyone soon but I don't want anyone to guess tomorrow as its HIS day and his GF is 19 weeks pregnant so I don't want to steal their limelight IYKWIM
Only going for a couple of hrs anyway. Hope you all have a great weekend, Jo

Lost another 2lbs yay, I may get to the 12's yet, heres hoping.
Well we told the kids this morning and they are really excited:D Not really sure why I expected them to take it badly I was just really nervous telling them. My eldest took it well bless him and even looked interested when I showed him the scan photo. My DD said she really hopes it will be a girl which surprised me and OH as she is our princess and didn't think she would like another girl in the family. The boys are adamant they don't want another sister lol.
My youngest who is 4 is a little upset at having to wait until Nov and has been asking me all morning if the baby is still in my Tummy, bless.
So all in all it went so much better than I expected they really are great kids and I am very proud of them all.

I feel much better now the news is out, DD's teacher was asking me how I was this am, my DD had been telling everyone in the class about my tummy and the scan photo :eek:
My youngest DS said this morning that the baby was going to grow bigger in my tummy and when it came out of my mouth :eek: we could get to cuddle it :8855: Bless him lol
Still sticking to my healthy eating plan and keeping my calories below 1500, I can't believe I am still so 'good' I have usually got fed up after 3 weeks lol.
My SPD is starting to get slowly worse I am trying to keep as mobile as I can for as long as I can and am really hoping that losing some weight will ease some of the pressure later on?
I sometimes suffer with painful wrists I think its slight arthritis but yesterday my rt wrist was really painful all day, hope the pregnancy is not going to start affecting my other joints as well?
Other than that I am feeling really well, hope all you new mums and mums in waiting are well, take care Jo

hope your spd doesn't get too bad too fast honey. well done on the weight loss. don't be too strict with yourself though :D

abz xx

Thanks Abz, To be honest I am really enjoying my food at the moment and am not craving anything sweet or naughty (long may that continue), So I don't really feel that I am depriving myself, thought I would do an example of my daily diet ;)

Breakfast
Bowl of All bran with raisins and semi skimmed milk

snack - cup of tea and a piece of fruit

Lunch - salad with either Ham, Tuna or Mackerel, coleslaw and I fill a Pitta with salad and whatever I am having with it mmmmm

Snack - Coffee maybe another peice of fruit or a low fat yogurt

Supper - Jacket or N.pots with, chicken Curry or Barbeque Chicken or Chicken Chasseur, or Spanish chicken and veg.

I am trying to drink lots (low cal squash as water makes me nauseous) and I am eating off a smaller plate and have found that my appetite has reduced since doing this;)

Feeling really well at the moment apart from SPD kicking in so will keep it up for as long as I can.
Hope you are ok today, not long to go now you must be getting excited

How did your brothers party go? Did anyone guess or were you able to get away with keeping it secret?

I think it's lovely that your kids are so excited and bless your little girl, it's really nice that she's already so keen on having a sister. :)

Hope you're well in general hun. :) xx

My mum, said to all the family when we were sitting together that I had something to tell them :mad: I could have killed her, but they were all really concerned that I was Ok, then really supportive, so it was fine and the cat is well and truly out of the bag now.
She said that it was killing her keeping it a secret :rolleyes: bless her lol. Really enjoyed the party but didn't stay late as I was really tired.
Weighed this am and have STS, pleased with that as I think I am supposed to be gaining 1/2 lb a week . Could do with a loss next week though as really want to be in the 12's ;)

Oooooo all this baby talk is making me broody,.......but its not going to happen as im selling all my baby stuff...need to get my hernia done once iv lost the blooming weight again......:(

Theres always after your op ;)

Hope you're not suffering too much, definitely see your physio about your wrists too. Relaxin affects all the joints, my shoulders are really bad with having to use crutches for the SPD and I know minimin suffers carpal tunnel (swelling that affects the nerve) and has lots of problems with her wrists, there are exercises and splints and things that the physio can give you which may help :)

Thanks, will def ask her about it, was getting a bit worried that when I need my crutches I wouldn't be able to use them :rolleyes:
SPD is slowly worsening but I can cope with it at the moment, my wrists have been ok too (touch wood) just the occasional ache.

Been a horrible couple of days, my parents were due to go on hols today but on weds my Dads Gp turned up at their door :( to tell him a totally unrelated MRI scan he had for an injury had shown a tumour in his bowel, he needs to go in as soon as can be arranged for major surgery :cry: The whole family are totally shellshocked and are in limbo at the moment as we don't know what is going to happen etc. my Dad seems to have aged 10 yrs in 3 days :(
Anyway have not really felt much like eating but have done as of course I need to look after myself, my DH is doing a BBQ tommorow in an attempt to give me an appetite bless him, I can never say no to garlic bread ;) So I am going to weigh tommorow morning a day early so that if I do feel like it I can have what I fancy.
Bought the kids a new pool today and filled it ready for the hot weather tomorrow, I have started to feel movements the last few days too which is lovely. Hope you are all well, update tomorrow, Jo

Aww Jo, how awful for your dad, hope it doesn't take too long to get date through for the op. Must have been fate for him to get the injury and need the MRI!
Hope the BBQ tomorrow helps take your mind off things for a few hours, don't stress about what you're eating - that's not important in the grand scheme of things right now.
Sending lots of healing thoughts to you dad, and some (((hugs))) for you. Take care of yourself and your little wriggler x

I really hope your dad gets his op soon and things go well for him. I can't imagine the stress you're all under with this. (((hugs))) for you hun xx

Awwww thanks, vickie and Abbie your thoughts are much appreciated ;)

Lost a 1lb this week, really pleased with that :D
Am going to enjoy today as having a BBQ later , will probably have a Solero or 2 aswell LOL. The kids pool is looking really inviting as its soooo hot already. The kids are going to a party with my SIL lunchtime so I could be tempted to have a cool off when its nice and quiet ha ha ;).
Hope you ladies (especially those not far off DD or past it ) are not struggling too much with the heat, I had an August baby during a really hot summer so I know how uncomfortable it can be.
Hope you all have a fab weekend, take care Jo

How frightening and stressful about your dad. But at least it's been found and he can get it treated, it would be much worse if it continued unfound. Hope you can unwind at your bbq.
x

Thanks IB and you are so right having to have that routine MRI on his shoulder was a blessing in disguise.
Not looking forward to this week at all, had a lovely weekend trying to relax (ate far too much but nevermind back on the wagon today) but I woke up this morning knowing its going to be a stressful week, my Dad should get a day to go in this week and then it all becomes real :confused: I have my triple blood test on thurs which will tell me my risk factor for Downs etc (I am 39) and depending on the results I have to decide on an Amnio or not. The worst thing is they ring you if its bad news and write to you if its good news, so I will be on edge hoping not to receive a phonecall, all that on top of my Dad and trying to support my Mum I just feel like not bothering with the test, but then I will worry right up til its born oh dear I am rambling now. I have an AN appt tommorow too perhaps she can help me decide. Hope you all have a great week, will keep you updated, thanks Jo

So so sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope he gets his op soon and all goes well for them. I know it's hard but remember to look after yourself and the bump so if it's the safest option, take the test. I hope the week doesn't get too stressful for you.

Back