Jo's pregnancy Diary

Enjoyed looking at all the Baby Prams at our local independant pram shop yesterday, though OH spent most of the time looking around their (very expensive) furniture dept and got himself all depressed about all the gorgeous furniture we couldn't possibly afford, men eh lol
I have to say that a lot of the prams are a lot larger 'in the flesh' than they seem on the internet so it is worth while going to check them out, they had the Cosatto Cabi in which was much more substantial in the flesh and I was really impressed with it really good quality, only downside was that the pushchair set unit looked small and OH thought the carrycot looked a bit boxy, They only had 3 M+P models in because of space apparantly but they seemed to have every i candy going in every colour but they are quite expensive and so similar to the Babystyle Oyster which I am getting I wouldn't pay the extra for it. So we will def get the OYster in Pearl and then when we use the P.chair unit will buy a colour pack to give it a different look.
Got really excited looking though and Baby must have enjoyed too as he/she hasn't stopped kicking since ;)

ahh bless , how exciting :0)
enjoy this time with hubby looking at and choosing bits and bobs :0) cant wait until my oh is back in 2 weeks so we can get excited together , he hasnt seen me since 14 weeks without anything but a minor bump, so he will get a HUUUUGE shock when he shes this beach ball i seemed to have swallowed without noticing :0)

All exciting!!!! I love buying things! But have to refrain often!!!
Next on my list are new mattresses for cot bed and swing crib.x

Well I have STS again this week which is great , but I don't think I will be hitting my June target, but as long as I don't gain I am more than happy, off to get things ready for our BBQ this evening hope you are all having a great weekend ;)

Just read your diary and wanted to send my very best wishes to your dad x

We're very close in due dates - I'm due 30th October and wish I'd had your motivation to keep to SW for the first few months!!

You've done so so well! Really hope I can stick at it (from now) as well as you have :D

x

Awww thankyou so much, I am not really sure where my willpower is coming from to be honest as I usually start getting fed up after about 3 weeks of 'dieting'.
My Dad starts Radiotherapy next week I think we are all glad as we feel like something positive is being done, he is doing ok bless him.
We are close in dates ;) hope you are feeling well, when is your 20 week scan? I have got mine on the 23rd and am hoping that they wil be able to tell us the sex. Are you going to find out?

Ok, so I have reached the 20 week milestone and have achieved my mini target of still being in my pre pregnancy jeans by 20 weeks :D. In fact I have to keep pulling them up as my bum no longer holds them :eek:
I am sooo pleased cos realistically what your clothes tell you is much more 'real' than what the scales tell you.
I still have plenty of room in them despite my evergrowing bump so I am going to aim for 24 weeks and still in them, we shall see.
Really looking forward to my scan next weds, counting down the days now :)

Well done!!! I've totally popped out of tops, they're all far too short on me now but am not doing too badly on trousers. I was in M&S size 16 linen trousers (I live only in linen mix trousers as living in tropics) and I've to my Next 16 linens instead. The M&S are a bit tight on the waist but there's still room in the Next ones and it's still a 16 so I'm pleased even though I know Next are a bit curvier than Marks.

I've my 24 week scan on Monday, hoping they can tell me the sex but not holding my breath as DS kept us guessing at this stage. Are you hoping to know the sex?

Well done IB ;) Yes I am hoping to find out babys sex. Found out on 3 of my other 4 with no problems, but something is telling me this one is going to be awkward and shy about showing its private parts LOL. Really want to find out though as we are having to buy everything as we kept nothing not expecting to have any more children:eek: My sister works in M+S and she says they have lots of baby stuff in their sales that she can get even cheaper so will be great if she knows what to look out for.
Hope you get to find out ;)

Thanks both, think I jinxed myself though by giving myself another mini goal - to stay in them till 24 weeks - cos the last few days my bump seems to have grown a lot LOL.
Due to weigh in tomorrow but I really think I will have gained, my bump is a lot bigger as I said and I think the 2 takeaways I had last weekend have caught up with me :eek: I just hope its not too much, fingers crossed.
Hope you and Sienna are doing ok Kirsty :)

STS again :D, so pleased and very shocked, I think I might have been retaining water yesterday as this morning my clothes felt a little loose again. No takeaways for me this weekend but if I feel like something a little naughty I will have it ;)

You're doing so well, especially with this being your fifth - most of my friends who've had 3 or more were positively elephantine by this stage with the third, it's like their bodies just gave up the fight straight away.

Tell me about it, I think the reason that I am being 'careful' about what I eat this time is because I was so huge on my 3rd and 4th :rolleyes:
I am trying to avoid making the same mistakes and it seems to be working, well for now anyway. Its strange but I have always carried my babies very low, people would often like to comment on my low bumps :eek: This time however its very high and looks like a proper baby bump which I have always wanted, you would think with it being my 5th that It would be lower than ever with all the stretching etc my abdo muscles have been through but I am pleasantly surprised.

Haha LOL, I wish:)

Thanks all :) Really looking forward to my scan on weds, a little nervous at the same time cos you do have it to check for abnormalities so there is always a slight worry, but I am excited more than nervous. Funny thing is my eldest who is nearly 14 has an outpatients appt. an hr after my appt so me DH and son are all going to the scan. My mum said he won't want to come in but faced with that or sitting in a waiting room with a room full of pregnant women he has chosen to come in bless him :eek:
So hopefully on weds evening I can tell you that everything is fine and whether we are expecting a pink or blue bundle ;)
Hope you and bumps and babies are all well, take care Jo

Back