Jo's pregnancy Diary

Good luck with your test on Thursday. Where I am, they don't test for Downs at all or do amnios, so there's nothing to decide. Even at 39 though, it's most likely that all is well.
x

Had my AN yesterday, my usual midwife was on AL so I had a replacement and she was really lovely, its policy in my area not to listen in for the heartbeat until 23 weeks, dissapointing but from previous experience (i.e no heartbeat found leading to lots of stress and 3 hrs on the day unit for a normal trace) I can see why they are later doing dopplers. Anyway the Midwife said that if I wanted she would listen in as long as I understood not to be stressed out if she couldn't find it , so she gave it a go and we heard it clear as day :D Everything else fine so a good day for me.
I have got my Triple test tomorrow to find out my risk of having a Downs etc baby, as I will be 40 by the time the baby is born it is already high so I am keeping everything crossed that I have a lower risk result, the horrible thing is they ring you if its bad news but write if its good news, so I will be dreading the phone ringing.
Will let you all know as soon as I have the results wish me luck.

Fantastic to hear you've heard the baby's heartbeat :D Hope the test goes okay today and the results are good news x

Thinking of you sweetie, lots of luck with the triple test, such a daunting time (((hugs)))
Yay for hearing baba's heartbeat though, it's magical :heartpump:
Take care of yourself x

Thanks, only at the Hospital for 30 mins just weighed ? and blood test, I will now hear within the next 10 days what the result is , so heres hoping for a low risk result;)
On a brighter note still in my pre pregnancy jeans at 17 weeks (aiming for 20 ) and they are loose on my bum and legs and still have room to expand tummy wise. I have def lost weight off my sholuders and face too so really pleased with that, apart from the ongoing SPD I feel REALLY well.

Weighed this am and have lost 2lbs :D, so shocked but very pleased. My bunmp is growing but am losing from everywhere else ;)

Thanks Abz, hope that baby of yours makes an appearance soon;)

Really bad news this pm, my Dad has inoperable cancer in his bowel and he has secondary cancer in his lungs and liver:sigh::sigh:
On the positive side they are going to give him radiotherapy and chemo which according to his oncologist will allow him to live 'normally' for some time yet.
I am just devastated but am trying to look on the positive side for my Mum and Dad. Life sucks sometimes:mad:

Hugs. So sorry to hear that. It's a lot for you to deal with, especially when you're pregnant. Sometimes it's a bit better than they think though- docs gave my dad 6 months to live when they diagnosed his cancer and he in fact lived 7 years, with a reasonable quality of life for nearly all of it. There's always hope even when it seems dark. xxxxxxx

Thank you for all your kind replies, he will have radiotherapy and chemo which his consultant said will enable him to live symptom free for a while yet so there are some positives, its just hard news to take in and you are soooo much more emotional when pregnant so it doesn't help. But I am feeling a little more positive today, thanks again ;)
Oh and I have been emotional eating this week too not loads but just for the sake of it really but I am just going with it this week as I am stressed out enough, still waiting for my Triple test results on top of everything else. I will be glad to get this week over with:(

Well some good news at last, I received a letter from the Hosp this am to say that I was in a low risk catergory of having a baby with Downs :D. My risk according to my age is 1 in 112, my triple test result came back with a risk of 1 in 829, so I am now classed as low risk, so I am very pleased with that ;)
Thank you again for all your kind replies and best wishes.
On a lighter note I am not looking forward to my weigh in tommorow morning, the best I can hope for is a STS but I doubt that.

Thanks IB, I am just annoyed at myself this week for eating things for the sake of it when I didn't even feel like or want it :rolleyes: but I have put it down to stress. I am still determind to keep weight gain to a minimum so not too worried about this weeks slip ups ;)

Much to my astonishment I managed to STS this week, very very pleased with that ;)

Thanks IB, not sure how I did it though but def not complaining LOL.
Now I have had my Triple Test results I am feeling happier about stating to buy stuff, so as the kids are back in school tomorrow me and Hubby are going to look at Prams, not buying just looking.
I have my mind set on the Babystyle Oyster but also like the Cosatto Cabi and the Mamas and Papas Rubix. When I phoned to see whether they had the Rubix in yet (as its a M+P stockist) she said that she wasn't ordering any of them in????? Will be asking why tomorrow. But I am so excited to be going to have a play with some as you can't really tell what they are like from pics and the internet can you?
Me and OH also started talking names last night as we have 3 boys and 1 girl we have loads of girls names but no boys. We both Love Ethan though so I think thats Our first choice for now, we are not really discussing girls names at the mo as we both agree that it will be another boy so I don't think we want to jinx ourselves, we would both love another girl but just can't see it happening. I have no feelings either way though , I feel completely different than I have on any of the others and am carrying much higher than I have ever done so I really don't know? Will have to wait another few weeks to try and find out ;) Take care all, Jo

Back