Josie's Food Diary

Josiecat

Silver Member
Hi all, I am Josie and I am 32 and a secondary school teacher.

I started SW for the first time on 29 December 2010 and lost 12 pounds by Easter. Unfortunately I didn't keep going after that point and by this Christmas had gained the 12 pounds lost and a little bit more.

So here I go again, starting tomorrow-28 December on SW. I was 11 stone 1 the other day but perhaps after my Christmas indulgence my weight will be higher but we'll see tomorrow.

I am your typical apple shape and seeing Christmas photos from the last few days has made me feel so sad. I have rolls of fat around my middle and chubby cheeks. I tried size 14 tops on the other day and they were too small :eek: I had to go for size 16s.

Please say hi, we will do this!!

Hi Josie! Great to see you on here again, don't stress about anything it will soon come off and you'll feel better about yourself very soon xx

Thank you! I hope we can both shift our weight very soon :)

So I sw started today and weighed this morning and was 11 stone 2. I have gone for a green day today which is the first time I have ever done a green day in my sw history!

Wednesday Day 1

Breakfast-Satsuma and 6 brazil nuts (Hex B)
Lunch-Banana
Dinner-Homemade butternut squash and sweet potato soup. 3 sw cheese scones. (Hex A)

Syns- 0/105 but the night is still young!

It looks like I didn't eat much during today but had a hectic day and couldn't get hold of any sw friendly food so went for the banana for lunch.

Last edited:
Hey,
Well done for coming back and starting before New Year and not just thinking you will start in 2012!
Looking forward to following yr weight loss! :) xx

Thanks Cai and well done with your weight loss, looks like you are doing brilliantly.

I do love the plan and always get excited about making new sw recipes. I think by last Easter I got quite bored as I did mainly red days. So I am starting with some green ones although I always feel quite worried I won't lose weight eating on green but we will see!

Good luck for continued success and I am going to have a peek at your food diary!! x

Thursday-Green Day

3 sw cheese scones (Hex A-cheese)
BNQ and Sweet pot soup
9 Hazelnuts (Hex B)
1 clementine
Coke Zero
3 Meringue nests with mixed berries (8 syns)
Cheese and Tomato on 1 slice toast (Hex B-Wholemeal bread and Hex A-Cheese)
175ml glass red wine (6 syns)
1 Nescafe Cappuccino (3.5 syns)
1 Shortbread Biscuit (5 syns)
1 Meringue Nest (2.5 syns)

Syns used 25/105

Last edited:
Hi Holiday-eater, I know what you mean about school staffrooms! I have recently moved schools and the new one doesn't seem to have as many temptations as the last which I guess is good although on the downside the school is a bit dull!!

Good luck for some great losses x

Friday-Red Day

Cheese and tomato wholemeal sandwich (Hex A, Hex B)
SW quiche with low fat sausage base (2 syns, Hex A)
2 35ml Malibu and diet coke (8 syns)
Meringue (13 syns) eek!
Gin & Tonic (5.5 syns) naughty Josie!

Syns 53.5/105

Last edited:
I am just reflecting on this time last year when I was in the same position as now. I had started sw at the end of December after an indulgent Christmas with a starting weight just over 11 stone. By March last year I was 10 stone 3. I remember how many times I messed up, how many times I over synned and how many times I kept thinking that I would quit the diet as I never stick to them!

But I did and I lost nearly a stone and I can do the same again. I remember how it felt to sit down and not feel a large roll of my fat around my middle and how good I felt fitting into smaller clothes. My only regret is that I let things slip after Easter and gradually gained the weight again over the year without ever getting to my target of 9 stone 7.

I will get to 9 stone 7 this year, even to be in the 9 stones would be a dream. The last time I was there was in 2007 for my wedding. I dream of feeling confident to wear a bikini on the beach again. Because of my apple shape I am constantly mistaken for being preggers so I would love to leave that behind and look great again.

Good luck everyone in 2012 and I hope we can all have some success stories. x

Saturday Red Day

Sw quiche with sausage meat base (2 syns and Hex A)
Lean steak, peppercorn sauce (3 syns, Hex A) sw chips (hex B) mushrooms with garlic butter (2 syns) peas (1.5)
2 Meringue Nests (5 syns)

Syns 67/105

I have made the decision to flexi syn alcohol this evening for NYE. All food I plan to eat is recorded above.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok so New Years Eve definitely needs to be put down as a flexi syn evening. I had a whole bottle of champagne, a couple of Malibu's, a cream doughnut and several shortbread biscuits.
It only comes once a year and I am superfocused to reach 9 stone 7 this time so here goes.....

Sunday Red Day

SW quiche with sausagemeat base (2 syns, hex a)
Shortbread biscuit (5 syns)
Nescafe Cappuccino (3.5 syns)
Homemade butternut squash soup
Cheese and tomato on wholemeal toast (Hex A, B)
3 clementines
2 brandysnaps (9.5 syns)
1 chocolate (2.5 syns)
Nuts (8.5 syns)
Mince pie (12.5 syns)

Total 110.5/105 oooooppppsssssssssssss

There is definitely a science behind sw because I feel much less hungry on the plan that I would during a day when I eat as I pleased!

Last edited:
Hiya, it is the sw recipe from the forums but I added my hex A cheese to the recipe to make it more cheesey. I also found that by skinning 6 low fat sausages, you can press them into the bottom of the flan dish to make a nice base before pouring the mixture on top. Just gives the normal sw quiche a bit of a twist with a bit more flavour :D.

Aww it happens to all of us Josie, don't worry xx I find filling up at meal times helps to stop my snacking. I used to snack terribly when I did SW last year but now I'm having bigger plates of food at meal times I'm finding that I'm not thinking of food in between meals or in the evening. Happy New Year xx

Hi Becky, happy new year to you too!

Thank you for your advice, you're absolutely right and it was because I didn't have any big meals yesterday that I ended up snacking in the evening. I have been shopping today to stock up on proper meals and I am having an EE today to hopefully fill up more.

Monday EE Day

Chicken Noodle Salad
2 alpen light (Hex B)
WW mini choc pot (4 syn)
Jacket Potato with cheese and beans (hex A)
WW toffee dessert (4 syns)
2 Meringue Nests (5 syns)
Chocolate truffle (2 syns)
15 syns

Back to work tomorrow :-(

Last edited:
I was only going to have half a pack of cous cous for tea, but it was only an extra 190 cals to have the whole pack so I decided to have the whole pack so I wasn't hungry later and having a 300 cal bar choccie bar etc... I think it really does work xx

Tuesday EE Day

2 Bananas
2 alpen lights (hex b)
Nescafe cappuccino (3.5 syns)
Jacket potato, cheese, low fat clover, cucumber and tomato (Hex a and 1.5 syns)
Diet coke chicken (chicken, peppers, onion, passatta, 5 spice, soy sauce,diet coke) and uncle ben long grain rice (half a pouch) 0.5 syns
ww mini choc pot (3.5 syns)
2 meringue nests (5 syns)

14 syns

Feel like I've eaten too much to be able to lose weight!

I have the January blues today, I think it is a combination of back to workness, cold rubbish weather etc.

weigh in tomorrow morning :scale:

Last edited:
Back