Journey back to size 8

Well, a few tips yes!

I would keep water intake to 2 litres and no more. I know this can be controversial but there is no scientific basis for glugging more water than your body needs - just places strain on the kidneys and your body will retain it.

As to losses slowing down..this is common and something I read up on. Studies show that, after the first few weeks on a VLCD of around 450 calories a day, losses slow and there is very little difference between eating 450 calories a day and 800 cals. This was certainly true for me. However you look like you're on track to hit the target of one stone loss per month? It may be better to view your losses on a four weekly basis as opposed to a weekly one.

I'd also consider a week of no bars - if indeed you eat them? Couple that with no more than 2 litres of water a day and you should see a 5lb loss the following week.

Oh yes.. I love buying clothes and spend far, far too much money on them!

Yes, my calories are fairly low which is rather depressing! I still have treats - I am eating treat foods three times this coming weekend! - but I have to be strict in the week. This is because I know deep down that i am attempting to maintain a weight which is probably a little low for me.. I'd maintain say, 10 stone , better than I would 9 stone and could eat more calories.

However, I like being 'slim' and i always said that this time I would do it properly and become slim again - not just a size 12. Nothing wrong with a size 12, of course, but for me, i wanted to be a size 8. Not sure how sustainable this will prove however!

Well as expected, today has been a good day on the whole. Another loss this morning and a day that hasn't been too tricky foodwise. I thought I'd treat the dog to a long walk to avoid temptation so I borrowed my son's big padded jacket and so also treated the neighbours and fellow dog walkers to a laugh as I looked pretty much like an immersion heater on legs. Mainly I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I've lost a stone and that has made a big difference to my confidence and how I feel generally. I still have another 3 stone to go but it feels doable now. Just hope I can keep it up.

So my goal is to lose enough weight to get the box of size 6-8s out of the loft. I worked out there are 12 steps on the loft ladder which means I have 5lbs to lose to get to the next step. So far I've made it to step 3 - yay! 9 steps to go...

For motivation I've made a powerpoint of things that I will encourage me. How sad am I? When I have a difficult moment I just flick through it and remember why I'm doing this. Reminding myself how much better I felt when I was slim before. I am determined to get there again!

Window shopping on the internet also helps - planning what I'm going to buy when I get there. I really love lingerie and my teenage son now thinks I'm odd for spending so long on the Figleaves site studying women's underwear. Hey ho!

Well, a few tips yes!

I would keep water intake to 2 litres and no more. I know this can be controversial but there is no scientific basis for glugging more water than your body needs - just places strain on the kidneys and your body will retain it.

As to losses slowing down..this is common and something I read up on. Studies show that, after the first few weeks on a VLCD of around 450 calories a day, losses slow and there is very little difference between eating 450 calories a day and 800 cals. This was certainly true for me. However you look like you're on track to hit the target of one stone loss per month? It may be better to view your losses on a four weekly basis as opposed to a weekly one.

I'd also consider a week of no bars - if indeed you eat them? Couple that with no more than 2 litres of water a day and you should see a 5lb loss the following week.

Oh yes.. I love buying clothes and spend far, far too much money on them!

to be honest with you Greta, i'm not finding the water a problem as im constantly thirsty! i normally manage at least 5 pints a day without trying! im constantly glugging the stuff... its improved somewhat, but it still aint the same as pepsi.... =0(

You have bought some fab clothes from the pics on your diary, i am truly jealous! but it's something im really looking forward to doing also! =0)

so what are these treats for this weekend? something delicious i hope?

i would love to be a size 12, however i have no idea how much weight i will have to lose to get there! i am unsure that i have ever been slim in my whole adult life so i have got no idea how much i need to lose.... makes it a little hard, not really knowing how far i am going, but initially i though i would aim for 9 stone 7lbs.... at the moment though, that seems a hell of a long way off.... maybe i should start with smaller goals so that things seem more achievable??!?!?!

Well as expected, today has been a good day on the whole. Another loss this morning and a day that hasn't been too tricky foodwise. I thought I'd treat the dog to a long walk to avoid temptation so I borrowed my son's big padded jacket and so also treated the neighbours and fellow dog walkers to a laugh as I looked pretty much like an immersion heater on legs. Mainly I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I've lost a stone and that has made a big difference to my confidence and how I feel generally. I still have another 3 stone to go but it feels doable now. Just hope I can keep it up.

So my goal is to lose enough weight to get the box of size 6-8s out of the loft. I worked out there are 12 steps on the loft ladder which means I have 5lbs to lose to get to the next step. So far I've made it to step 3 - yay! 9 steps to go...

For motivation I've made a powerpoint of things that I will encourage me. How sad am I? When I have a difficult moment I just flick through it and remember why I'm doing this. Reminding myself how much better I felt when I was slim before. I am determined to get there again!

Window shopping on the internet also helps - planning what I'm going to buy when I get there. I really love lingerie and my teenage son now thinks I'm odd for spending so long on the Figleaves site studying women's underwear. Hey ho!

What a great to look at losing your weight with the steps up the ladder! really pleased to hear you've had a good day and it sounds like this is really going well for you. losing a stone so quickly is fab and such an incentive to carry on with the madness of CD!

LOL! re your powerpoint.... i bet its just what is needed on a difficult day though, and will keep you going when you need that extra boost! HOwever coming on this site is also hugely helpful... i find times when i feel like snacking, mosting in the evening when watching the telly, i come on and read the stories, or diaries or look at the photos and it helps to remind why i'm doing this!!!

So I'm feeling well and truly p'd off today. I don't actually think it's because I didnt lose today. I stayed the same and am happy with that considering the weight i've lost in 10 days. I think I'm missing eating - OH came home with French bread and Camembert at lunchtime and I could have throttled him. In fact most things are annoying me at the moment. I'm guessing when I'm cross I usually eat something and it feels better- now I can't so I'm still cross. Actually not that cross about the food he brought back - after all he has to eat - just feel a bit misunderstood. God I sound like a right drama queen! Really I'm not like that. What is this diet doing to my head?

Samsara 1 said:
So I'm feeling well and truly p'd off today. I don't actually think it's because I didnt lose today. I stayed the same and am happy with that considering the weight i've lost in 10 days. I think I'm missing eating - OH came home with French bread and Camembert at lunchtime and I could have throttled him. In fact most things are annoying me at the moment. I'm guessing when I'm cross I usually eat something and it feels better- now I can't so I'm still cross. Actually not that cross about the food he brought back - after all he has to eat - just feel a bit misunderstood. God I sound like a right drama queen! Really I'm not like that. What is this diet doing to my head?

Hiya Samara, I'm so sorry you were feeling bad yesterday... I've had that a couple of times, my oh had cooked something lovely for him and the kids, and ours made me so Amery as I'm not eating it, I've often had to feed my little girl too which makes it even harder and me even crosser! I try now to go of for a bath then so I don't have to smell it!

I've wondered a few times what this diet is doing to me, but I reckon there's more plus's than minus's! Our at least that's what I keep telling myself!

How's today going? Xx

Well the weekend was a write off. I fell off the diet into a glass of wine (or 3). Didn't eat any food but did have an additional CD yesterday. Weirdly was still in ketosis this morning but have gained 2lbs which is a bugger but totally deserved. Back on track today and feeling fine if p'd off with weight gain. So far had choc shake and a few cups of coffee and not missing eating - seems to be worse for me when OH is around. Not sure why. I'm determined to get back to my 8s so hoping I can keep on track from now on.

Well the weekend was a write off. I fell off the diet into a glass of wine (or 3). Didn't eat any food but did have an additional CD yesterday. Weirdly was still in ketosis this morning but have gained 2lbs which is a bugger but totally deserved. Back on track today and feeling fine if p'd off with weight gain. So far had choc shake and a few cups of coffee and not missing eating - seems to be worse for me when OH is around. Not sure why. I'm determined to get back to my 8s so hoping I can keep on track from now on.

Hi Samsara, sorry you've had a bad weekend and fallen off the wagon into the wine!!! i imagine if you get straight back to it and drink loads of water the 2lbs up will drop off within a couple of days.... otherwise how are you feeling??? i always find it harder when my kids are at home with me... they always eat scrumptious smelling food and my little one often asks me to feed her which makes it even harder!!!! they were eating cake yesterday which smelled divine, and all i had was a pint of water.... really doesn't compare... anyway i keep telling myself it will be worth it when im slimmer at christmas and slim next year.... its hard, but so far i've stuck to it.... just gotta keep going.... from a cd point of view, christmas seems years away!!!!

Hi Tomnkatesmum- today has been fine. Managed to keep to 3 CDs, water and coffee. Haven't felt hungry (yet). It's so much easier with no one else around. Are you having a break from CD over Xmas? I can't see your stats on my mobile so no idea how close you are to goal. How's it going for you today?

Samsara 1 said:
Hi Tomnkatesmum- today has been fine. Managed to keep to 3 CDs, water and coffee. Haven't felt hungry (yet). It's so much easier with no one else around. Are you having a break from CD over Xmas? I can't see your stats on my mobile so no idea how close you are to goal. How's it going for you today?

Hiya, yeah I find it easier when no-one else is around too, also when I'm at work and in routine...

Yeah I have a two week all inclusive holiday to Egypt for Christmas so will be coming off CD... I just hope I can get straight back on out on January!
Well I have loads to lose... I started at 15 2 and a half in September, and I've just had my weigh in this evening and I'm now 29 and a half pounds down, this evening I was 13 and 1lb... Can't wait to get in the 12's... But I'm only 5 foot 2 and a half inches so reckon I've got approx 3-4 stone to lose! :-(

Am really hoping to get another stone off by xmas!

How's your day going?

Wow you've done well. You're virtually the same weight as me. It will be good to do this journey together. Where in Egypt are you going? We've been there lots as we love scuba diving. The beaches are great too but I'm not keen on the shopping experience frankly! Jealous though- very jealous!

Great, we can journey together! How tall are you?

Were going to one of the Hilton's in sharm in sharks bay... We've been a couple of times before... And I love the place.... Can't wait too have a warm xmas,.specially when its so cold... Like tonight!

I put my winter pj's on this evening and there cosy but far too big, if I'm not careful the bottoms will fall down.. They were slightly too tight last Christmas and now there huge! Just hope they last this winter, but I think I may need a belt! Lol! Xxx

I am not jealous at all. No, I am not jealous! Well actually I am very jealous. I love Sharks Bay - easy diving there. I think we've stayed at the Hilton there - though there are so many hotels I can't remember.

Why don't you thread some cord through your pjs? You can keep them going a while longer then and you'll really feel how much you've lost!

So I gained 2lbs from my blip at the weekend. Annoying. Yesterday I managed to lose 1 lb and today stayed the same. That'll teach me! I was very definitely in ketosis this morning and hoping that I can stay the course now.

I did a spinning class for the first time in a couple of years yesterday. I really enjoyed it but I could really tell the weight difference since I last did it. Anyway, super motivated and will do another today assuming there is space. The daft woman I tried to book the class with yesterday wouldn't let me for some reason.

I'm 5' 5" Susan so a tiny bit taller than you - but probably wider! How did you get the signature to work. Whenever I try it says I have too many characters and refuses to save it - and I haven't made it as long as your signature.

Anyway, onwards and upwards (well downwards hopefully!)

Samsara 1 said:
I am not jealous at all. No, I am not jealous! Well actually I am very jealous. I love Sharks Bay - easy diving there. I think we've stayed at the Hilton there - though there are so many hotels I can't remember.

Why don't you thread some cord through your pjs? You can keep them going a while longer then and you'll really feel how much you've lost!

So I gained 2lbs from my blip at the weekend. Annoying. Yesterday I managed to lose 1 lb and today stayed the same. That'll teach me! I was very definitely in ketosis this morning and hoping that I can stay the course now.

I did a spinning class for the first time in a couple of years yesterday. I really enjoyed it but I could really tell the weight difference since I last did it. Anyway, super motivated and will do another today assuming there is space. The daft woman I tried to book the class with yesterday wouldn't let me for some reason.

I'm 5' 5" Susan so a tiny bit taller than you - but probably wider! How did you get the signature to work. Whenever I try it says I have too many characters and refuses to save it - and I haven't made it as long as your signature.

Anyway, onwards and upwards (well downwards hopefully!)

Sorry...

Great idea re the pj's... I will try that and hopefully I can keep them a while longer! :)

I'm sure the weight will start droping off, I know its hard to stick too, I find the weekends a nightmare! Its easiest when I'm at home and in a routine!

Be careful with your spinning class, if your only having 3 CD products a day you want to be careful you don't end up fainting!

I have no idea how the signature works but I did do mine on the PC... This site is a nightmare from my mobile!

So how's today been?

Hooray - finally lost the 2lbs I put on. Now to start going down again. I managed another spinning class yesterday but spinning two days in a row meant my bum was really saddle sore. I really enjoyed it though and tried to book for today as well. Unfortunately, despite the class being advertised on the website - apparently there is no class today. Grrr. I could have gone to a class at 7am - b ugger that!

I did think that the exercise would have made a bit more difference to the weight loss at this stage - it's not like I've done enough to build muscle yet.

I'm home alone and usually days like this are easier - however, I have already succumbed to lunch. I think it's because I'm bored and supposed to be working on the computer! I think that says a lot about why I put the weight on in the first place. So far today I have had a choc shake, a cranberry bar and a cup of coffee. Wondering how long I can leave the next pack - hoping to make it until 3.30 at least because I'm busy from then on and won't be able to have anything then until around 7pm which would be ideal. Best get the water out I think!

Well done on losing the 2lbs, hopefully your now well on the way to a few more pounds down! How's the spinning classes going? are you aching?!?!?!?

be careful though as they do say that the exercise can stop the weight loss!

How are your days going? another weekend is looming and im really looking forward to a nice quiet relaxing couple of days away from work! Have you got anything planned?

Hi Susan

Well sorry it's taken 4 months to respond to your message! Actually had a pretty tricky time and had to have two major ops which sort of got in the way of dieting. Anyway, back on track now. You have done brilliantly while I've been away! Just hope I can do as well as you have.

Back