Journey back to size 8

Samsara 1

So, usual story - comfort eating out of control = weight out of control = rocket fast journey from size 8 to 14. This rocket now needs to be diverted back to base. Started Cambridge this week and so far have an 8lb loss which is brilliant and helping keep me motivated but now need Mission Control to keep me on track. Would love to hear from Mission Control or fellow astronauts :beam:

A bit more time today and so I thought I'd introduce myself properly. In my 40s with a lifelong weight struggle. Recently I've become the heaviest ever and the final straw has been reached. I've really had enough. I don't recognise myself anymore and I find myself avoiding friends and social situations because I'm really not comfortable with who I have become. I know I'm inside there somewhere but it's going to take some effort to find me again.

I've realised that I've changed so much as a result of the weight gain I really owe it to myself and my friends to make a change - I've become so grumpy and reclusive I really do have to do something about it. A few years ago I was my ideal weight, size 8 and just didn't appreciate how lucky I was - WHY did I spiral out of control? I have a box of beautiful size 8 clothes consigned to the loft which I would love to wear again and so this is my first step up the ladder to the loft. I will get that frikking box out of the loft one day soon!! I don't know how many steps there are up the ladder but here we go...

Hiya and welcome to Cambridge. How are you finding the diet? Well done taking the step and starting the diet it can be very hard work but the results really mount up! :)

How much weight have you got to lose?

tomnkatesmum said:
Hiya and welcome to Cambridge. How are you finding the diet? Well done taking the step and starting the diet it can be very hard work but the results really mount up! :)

How much weight have you got to lose?

Hi tomnkatesmum -nice to hear from you. As of today I have around 3st to lose. I may try a little more but 3st is minimum and a start. The diet is fine mostly - I just try and occupy myself through the difficult parts of the day. How about you?

So today is the beginning of week 2 for me. Just weighed and I've lost 11.8lbs THIS WEEK! That is unheard of for me. I'm so pleased. It also puts me in the 12s (just)!which is another good feeling.

Yesterday afternoon I was home alone and bored and started to think about eating something - anyway decided to sort out my wardrobe and work out what I have in there.

I have found this amazing app which lets you photograph your clothes and holds the pics in a virtual closet so you can flick through what you have really quickly even when you're out. I love it. Going to photograph my shoes today- that won't take long! Did I mention my friends think I'm OCD? ;)

Anyway, the organisation task took my mind off food for the whole afternoon and I now have a super tidy wardrobe and I've lost some more weight so double whammy!

Off to do the shoes later! Is it too much to do the underwear drawer? Only joking! x

Wow!!! So much weight gone already, you'll be back in your 8's in no time :)

Hiya, What an amazing loss! Bet your chuffed to bits!! :party0011:

The phone app for your wardrobe sounds good too, is this on android???

from the sound of your most recent weight loss you should have got rid of that 3 stone very quickly!

Glad your finding the diet okay... i'm in my 8th week now, and its going okay... most days pass quite quickly, but sometimes i feel like i'm counting the minutes... as you say best to keep yourself busy! Thankfully when at work this helps, my biggest problem is when i'm doing food for my kiddies as i often want to pinch!!! i've gotta make my little girl a birthday cake tomorrow evening and decorate it friday and i'm sure i will unthinkingly lick my finger or lick out the bowl or something!!! Will have to try and keep reminding myself I MUST NOT EAT!

She is then having a party on Saturday, but i am not worried about wanting the leftovers, as after 30 3 and 4 years have had their hands over and in it all, i dread to think what it may contain!!! Thankfully a wonderful way to stop me cheating! =0)

Yey- another pound today. I can't quite believe how well the diet is going this time. Each morning I think this will be the day when I have a fluctuation and go up 5lbs. So far that hasn't happened but I'm sure it must soon. I know I shouldn't really weigh every day but keeps me going throughout the day when it's getting tricky.

Tricky moments are spread throughout the day but my main difficult times are mid afternoon and early evening. So far my keeping busy strategy is working. Yesterday I continued the wardrobe sort out. This evening I might paint my nails- I guess u can't eat while I'm doing that. I have no plans to make any birthday cakes thankfully - poor tomnkatesmum - good luck with that! The added benefits of this diet are super organised house and head to toe grooming! Plus yesterday I found some lovely clothes I'd forgotten about that actually fit - best make the most of them while they do! Hoping they'll be too big in a couple of weeks. Happy dieting xx

Ps. Wardrobe organiser app is called "Closet" - its on iPhone but don't know if it's on android. I am hooked -it's a good way of remembering the stuff stuck in the back of the cupboard!

I am so downloading that app samsara!

Well done on losses so far! I started CD in July and I was 12 stone 4 and a size 14/16. Today I'm 9 stone 1 and size 8 so, as you know , it can be done. I did CD for around 7 weeks and then calorie counted off the remaining weight.

Just thought I'd say Hi as our goals seem very similar
Right - I'm off to download that app

Oh and feel free to come and chat on my diary - lots of girls on there at different stages on CD and all very supportive and fun.

Hi Getagrip- wow you've done well. I just can't wait to get back into my thin clothes - its keeping me going. Strangely it seems more doable this time. Good luck with the app- I love it. I'll come and find your diary x

I'm fairly short - 5 foot 4 - maybe a shade under that - so I need to be as close to 9 stone as possible to be size 8. I do have a clothes weakness though so enjoy being able to wear what I like.

Is this app just called 'closet' because I can see quite a few on there ? Thanks!

Oh no! I couldn't find the app, reckon ill have to be herring myself an iPhone on my next upgrade!

Know what you mean its so hard not to daily weigh, but sometimes it can be disheartening!

Greta you have done amazing, I have had a look through your diary, ABMs you really made me lol! You've had an amazing journey and the photos, wow! Your tiny, and very inspirational!

OMG- thought today would be a "stay the same" day but I've lost just over a pound making it exactly 1 stone lost since I started 9 days ago! I can not believe it. Today's going to be a good day. Yippee x

GretaGrip said:
Thanks tomnkate : ) ah my diary... I ramble on a bit for sure!

How are you finding it ?

Your diary is great and a good read... Its fab to see how someone's done who's actually got to goal.....and all the up's and downs you go through... Your maintaining is interesting too, though very sparse on calories.. Looks like not a lot of fun at times! But then the shopping and being able to buy what you want as you know it will fit would be amazing and you've got some gorgeous clothes! I can't wait to start enjoying clothes shopping again, at the moment its just bag shopping I like, as bags always fit!

Otherwise diets going okay, I'm in my eighth week, next weigh in Monday evening... Sadly though my losses seem very small in comparison to others! Very annoying when I don't cheat! Wish I could make them bigger but I have my products and drink like a fish, not sure what else to do! Any ideas?

Samsara 1 said:
OMG- thought today would be a "stay the same" day but I've lost just over a pound making it exactly 1 stone lost since I started 9 days ago! I can not believe it. Today's going to be a good day. Yippee x

Well done Samara! That's excellent and as you say, today will be a good day! Your doing great huni... Are you weighing in officially as well? If so, when?

Back