Journey of Dietscovery!!

Wi tonight, 2lb loss, happy with that, still 1lb off the 2 stone, but gonna try my best this week and get that final 1lb off and that will be me half way through my weight loss. Here's to a good week folks!!!

Well done. The next lb will take you 2 stone. Brilliant!

Fell off plan a bit after my WI on Tuesday, go to class at 7pm and do not eat much for most of the day, I always try and have something prepared and ready to eat after the class but this week had nothing, so on my way home from class had chicken and chips. I always feel like it never counts as it is end of week, rather than start of week lol. Had a really good day yesterday to counteract this and very active and stayed fully on plan. Will be good up until weekend where I might struggle a bit, especially with this good weather I might fancy a few glasses of wine (always my achilles heel)!! If I do succumb to this I will be fully on plan up to and after this. At this point I am planning an alcohol free week, but just identifying my trigger in advance.

Hi all, feeling a bit under the weather today, had a BLT for breakfast and have a pot of lentil and vegetable soup on the go at moment, will add some chicken to it as well. It is super healthy and I usually eat bowls and bowls of it. Have a wristband that measures my steps, calories etc, have been averaging 12-15 k steps each day and roughly 400-500 calories burn. It was given to me already pre-set and not sure how to re-set the time, so it resets at 10pm and I am never in bed before 12 midnight, so the steps are not fully accurate. Only steps that will be done today will be going back and forth to kitchen and bathroom as not intending to go out at all today.

I like the walking apps as they do motivate me to walk a bit further and a bit faster, am hoping to increase the steps to a minimum of 15k up to 20k eventually, at least 4 times per week. Was very active yesterday and even though it was really hot and I was really tired, forced myself out and walked to local supermarket and bought a pile of salad, vegetables etc so that increased my steps to 14k. I have had losses the last 3 weeks, normally that does not happen, but feel like I am in control of the plan rather than it being in control of me. I only need a 1lb loss this week to get my 2 stone award but am hoping to lose a little bit more than that. A few months ago I had set myself 3 short term goals - 1. 2 stone award. (1lb). 2. Get into the 11's (2lbs) 3. Get BMI below 30 (6.5 lbs) - I hoping to achieve 2 of these hopefully this week and the 3rd perhaps by end of August/start of September.

Good plan.

So had a pretty good day yesterday, fully on plan. Spent most of the day cooking. Woke up very tired, having a few cups of tea and will have breakfast in a while, hoping my energy levels will increase and I will get some body magic in. Aim to reach 15k of steps today. Have a pot of super healthy vegetable soup to get through today. Determined to get at least 1lb off this week, here's to another healthy day!!!

So far today managed to reach my 15k steps, with 500 calorie burn. Could have gone so much further but was too warm. Whilst out popped into a charity shop and tried on 4 tops, they all said size 14 on hanger. One was massive, 1 could barely get on, another was just not nice or flattering, and bought the final one but tired it on back to front and thought it looked good, until I got it home and realised I had it back to front lol, was on sale for £1.50!!! Had planned to come home get changed as was hot and sticky and walk to the local shopping centre, but the trauma of trying on clothes and seeing all the fat and flab on those horrible mirrors has put me on a bit of a downer.

Sat for half an hour to try and change my negative mood to a more positive one, was either going to go out later and get drunk or stay home and perhaps still go for a further walk later, think I will choose the latter now, if I choose the former I will regret it, will be so annoyed with myself, probably gain at WI then self-sabotage etc etc. Moral of the story, do not focus on the size of clothes, try and change negative thinking into positive thinking, recognise the triggers and choose a more empowering outcome!!!

As per previous post, I did the right thing and went out for walk and managed to reach my 20k target. Very proud that I did not go out and have alcohol, had a few bowls of healthy veg soup. for dinner had a chicken stirfry with noodles. Been a very long day and think after trying on clothes it left me a bit deflated, but I did not do what I have done in the past and self-sabotage. I took 30 minutes and reflected on everything and thought about how I would feel tomorrow if I had gone out drinking. Also thought about how I would feel about a gain at next WI, conversely how I would feel if I lost that 1lb that I have targeted.

Feel like I am ending the day more empowered. these are the days that can be the hardest to work through. Here's to another empowering day for us all tomorrow!!!

After a pretty active day yesterday, could not sleep at all, was still awake at 5 am, I thought activity was meant to tire you out, I was totally hyper, was not tired at all. Had planned a walk to local shopping centre today, returning from it is all uphill and thought I would attempt it, but feeling pretty sluggish at this point. and of course it is raining heavily here. So plan B if needed is to tackle a lot of chores that have gone by the wayside, any activity is better than sitting doing nothing. Food will be on plan. Will see how the day pans out.

How's it going?
Have sat all day on computer, on here, on facebook and responding to a few messages lol. It is now 4pm!!! Had a little boogie to a few songs, going to prepare dinner and do a bit of hoovering upstairs, (that's activity isn't it lol) but too tired to go for a walk, it is strange always feel guilty now doing nothing, I was a master of it before. On plan re food, will see how I feel later and do a few more chores. How is your day going, hope all is well!!!

A good day today!

A good day today!
Good for you, my day not been too bad either, until I decided to try on clothes that hadn't worn in ages, the bottoms did not feel any different, maybe slightly looser, it seems most of the weight coming off the top and even then probably down just a size (even though lost almost 2 stone) Have a hen night on Saturday, thankfully we are all wearing black, but struggling to find something nice, not buying anything new, so will just have to go with what I have. Could be worse I suppose lol

Pretty good day, fully on plan, but could not stop eating, just felt hungry, had to go out and do some body magic to keep me thinking of food. Did not manage as much activity as I wanted but still managed a total of 12k steps and 450 calorie burn, so much better than yesterday. WI tomorrow, fingers crossed I will be happy!!!

Good morning all, have my WI later, normally do not go until 7pm and usually stay for class. Ending up bingeing out after it as always starving hungry. So today I am going to prepare something and have it ready for after class, need to break the bad habits. The rest of the week going to be busy and possibly off plan a lot. My mindset before would have been why not go all out if am going to be off plan anyway. But my brand new attitude is to fully stay on plan when I can.
Today and tomorrow on plan.
Have a visit to my Aunts on Thursday, not seen her in over a year, she is my oldest living relative at 93!! There will be lots of cake and biscuits, I cannot be rude will have to eat something. ;)
Friday on plan.
Saturday and Sunday Hen party off plan
Monday and Tuesday back on plan.
If I stick to this the damage could be a little less.

Last edited:
Good morning all, have my WI later, normally do not go until 7pm and usually stay for class. Ending up bingeing out after it as always starving hungry. So today I am going to prepare something and have it ready for after class, need to break the bad habits. The rest of the week going to be busy and possibly off plan a lot. My mindset before would have been why not go all out if am going to be off plan anyway. But my brand new attitude is to fully stay on plan when I can.
Today and tomorrow on plan.
Have a visit to my Aunts on Thursday, not seen her in over a year, she is my oldest living relative at 93!! There will be lots of cake and biscuits, I cannot be rude will have to eat something. ;)
Friday on plan.
Saturday and Sunday Hen party off plan
Monday and Tuesday back on plan.
If I stick to this the damage could be a little less.

Good on ya!

Back