Journey to a new me!!!!!

Jasper666

Hi everyone, I'm not sure what made me start looking on line but I'm glad I did. I've been reading Exante info but I'm a little scared to be honest. I'm 171lbs and was 140lbs only a few years back (after having kids etc) so cant really use that as an excuse. However, into my 40's now and maybe things are a tad more difficult although not impossible. I was around 190lbs a year and a half ago and felt dreadful so I've managed to keep some of it off... but!!!

Anyone feel like they are stuck in no mans land. At this weight, I still feel very uncomfortable as I've very slim legs for my weight and carry it all around the middle/top half. I'm active, swim, walk etc but cannot shift this weight no matter what. I know I eat too much and to be honest, I'm totally fed up with counting calories, etc etc and just cant get motivated with the whole food thing hence' falling down at every hurdle. At a point, where even thinking about it has become a hassle.

I'm pleased with what I've read on Exante but naturally worried in case I'm causing my body more harm with yet another type of eating plan and in the long run will this do me damage?, or is that all just in the mind. My biggest issue clearly is once its off, I don't keep it off and I'm determined to ensure when I eventually lose my weight, I'll find a way to maintain.

I've a holiday in just over 4 weeks and seriously considering doing Exante for 4 weeks with a view to continuing after a sensible active holiday. I don't drink alcohol so that's not an issue. Any thoughts greatly appreciated before I order. Thanks for your inspiring stories. x

Hi Jasper,

Just reading about your concerns and I definitely wouldn't be too worried. If you're planning on looking at exante like a programme as such and you take your food break every 4 weeks, there is nothing to be concerned about. I understand why you would be as I was too when I first came across it, I think because it's so extreme, it doesn't seem natural. Truth of it is, it supplies your body with more goodness than you probably do yourself on a normal day to day basis!

When I did it last time I found that my hair went a little thinner and my hairloss was quite extreme (not to baldness or anything!) but as soon as I finished the programme, all of the temporary side effects subsided. Lets face it, if they were that bad, I certainly wouldn't be about to embark on the Exante train again!

I wish you the best of luck with your journey and I really think that done properly, it's one of the best ways to just start again, re-educate yourself and wipe the slate clean. :)

Hi again Banana and thanks for the welcome. I have ordered my pack as I came to the conclusion myself that by doing this it has to be better than what I'm doing now which is a daily yo yo, constant disappointment in myself and pumping my body with caffeine/diet pop which I cant wait to get rid of.

I have the discipline there when required in many areas of my life, I just kind of need to strip this down and remove 'normal' food for a while. Re-educate myself on how to fuel my body and feel good. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey and reading around the forum (in between work and kids) of course. Thanks again x

Hello welcome!!!

I lost a ton of weight on lighterlife a few years ago and I'm one of the people that regained all my weight and more!!! BUT that's simply because I went back to my old habbits for various reasons. If you counted calories and lost 5 stone then went back to how you were eating before you would also regain the weight so it's not the diet that will do that.

I really truly believe that sugar is an addiction. We are sugar addicts! And like all addicts we need to go cold turkey and stop eating conventional food in order to treat our addiction.

It's hard, but it's worth it. You WILL see the weight coming off quickly!! You just have to make sure you reintroduce food gradually and sensibly and see it as fuel rather than a "treat".

Good luck! :)

Jasper welcome....I find that posting on this site and building relationships with people in a similar situation has really helped. The people and support on here are better than any class. Good luck

Killajules - I happen to agree totally with you. Though many folk may not admit to it, I do believe the relationship we have developed with food is unhealthy and involves certain addictions/cravings. I really really need to get this properly under control to feel at my best. Thanks for your support.

Shrimp - glad you have found the support good here, its what I need and all this time didn't even know this community existed. Well done on your own achievements, will definitely be posting through this journey.

I did not know the site existed either...it is a huge help

Hi Jasper,

I hope it is going well. I tried Lipotrim 5 years ago and lost 4 stone. Unfortunately or fortunatley I met my husband and fell into the dating and food trap and put a lot of weigt back on. I then I had my daughter 2 years ago and luckily due to a bought of gestational diabetes lost 1 stone while pregnant.

However I am still too heavy and like you became a bit too obsessed and tired with trying to count calories or points or what ever is necessary. It feels a bit extreme doing this and I have had lots of comments from "fit people" telling me this is a lazy way of losing weight.

The truth is it is not easy but if your mind is made up it not only gives you a physical cleanse .. I feel a lot more energetic than when I eat but it also gives you a psychological cleanse too. You start to notice the bad habits you got into in terms of picking and eating the wrong things.

This time round I am determined to not only lose the weight but also re-educate myself so that when I start eating again I can keep the weight off. I have always said I would recommend this diet to anyone who wants to lose weight and re-boot themselves.

It is empowering and the results really keep you going when you have tough days and so far I have gone from a size 22 to a size 18 dress size. Just got into a new dress I bought from the next sale which is a size 18. And again that is a really good motivator.

If you have a really bad day I find bed or baths distracting to take your mind off it and if you lapse and eat don't beat yourself up about it .. just get up and start again ..

I hope you are doing OK and good luck with it all.

Mels xx

Start weight - 16 stone 12 :cry:
Week 1 - 16 stone - lost 12lbs :clap:
Week 2 - 15 stone 9lbs - lost 5lbs (17lbs total):happy036:
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

Thanks so much Mels, sounds like you felt like I do and as for it being a lazy way to do things, not sure I could say that about anything. If we are prepared to try new things that may suit and keep on going, that's all that matters. If it was straight forward to lose weight and keep it off, we wouldn't be here. I've been able to do that in the past for so long but...... Same with any addiction/issue or whatever we like to call it, we may need to re-try until something clicks.

You have done so well, and I hope you keep it going. I'm truly ready to throw in the towel for now on previous attempts and try this new way and as you say re-boot, cleanse and re-introduce food in a sensible way. I don't want to over eat, I don't want to be overweight or carry this around my middle. Doesn't fill me with good feelings so I can change this. My box came today, I'm all ready to get weighed, take measurements in the morning etc and hope that I have enough energy to continue with my swimming.

Cheers again for the thoughtful reply x.

That's the first day over with, felt pretty rough by the end of it but didn't feel that was lack of energy/the plan, more like lack of caffeine as ive knocked that clean on the head and I know is a killer when you do, drink far too much of it in unhealthy forms and it had to go whilst I'm doing this. Glad I did too, feel lot better this morn, had my shake and off for a swim xx thanks for the support so far.

Good to here first day done. The next few days will be tough then it gets easier...good luck and I hope you enjoy your swim

Thanks Shrimp, day two over with, feeling a bit better, headaches were pretty rough tried to keep well and truly hydrated but feel its going to be a bit easier today. Feel better for losing the bloated feeling/having no caffeine and actually achieving two days............here''s to day 3 and Ive a membership of a small swimming pool, lovely and warm and easy exercise so will be doing as much of that as possible including this morning.........

That's day 3 over with and thank goodness it was over the weekend, wouldn't want to be in work feeling like that. Headaches galore probably through lack of caffeine (had tons of water) so not dehydrated and starting to really perk up now. Hunger hasn't been too bad at all really, been swimming and enjoyed that each day but just missing 'eating' something I think although I'm enjoying my bar at lunch time.

Cooking for the kids still and think if I hadn't read it gets better after a few days, may well have given in by now..so its a good job I came on here and read around........here's to day 4. Feel less bloated so that's something and I know this is the right thing, whatever happens.

Hi Jasper and welcome. You are clearly doing well so far and it does get easier! Wait until your first week's weigh in - you'll certainly think it is worth it then!

Thank you Lynne and well done yourself. Looking forward to Friday weigh in.

Day 5 is here, energy wise feeling great and went swimming again last night, determined to do the most for toning my body whilst losing the weight. Feeling less puffy all over and whilst the first few days were tough, I doubt there is a risk of caving in to anything, I had made up my mind to sort this once and for all. Only drank water or their drinks mix and ridding caffeine was a big must for me.

With regards to my 4th week where you switch to a LCD, is it ok to do the 3 x meal replacements then add one of their own meals for the extra 200 cals???, just find that a bit easier in terms of shopping and everything else. Or is it best to buy some food for the 200 cals in preparation for my holiday. If it wasn't for going away, I'm pretty sure Id go straight back on the VLCD straight after week four, as I'm determined to get to my goal weight. I've no intentions of going over board though on hols and have ample opportunity to eat healthily so it will be a new challenge in itself (not to pile half a stone on in a week like usual).

Through every loss milestone, I'd like to learn to stay/lose around that weight instead of piling it back on and feel positive this time, something on previous attempts I have failed at once I've hit goal. Yo yo ing has to be a thing of the past. That is my hurdle like many and I'm hoping Exante and the forum will help me to get over it.

Well day six is almost done and dusted and feeling fine, surprising how you get used to it after days of banging headaches, really hoping and pretty confident that Exante is putting me in the right direction/frame of mind to restart the whole food thing and break down a few habits. Feeling tons less bloated all over and cant wait for the scales on Friday. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Good luck. Fingers crossed. It will be a big one!

Thank you Lynne, was a good one.

Lost 9.5 in my first week and a few inches down too so I'm not surprised with that as already I feel tons slimmer and better and can fit into my 14's work trousers just for ridding bloating and poundage from my middle where I carry most of it. Might a slim mummy after all on my hols!!!

Less puffy all over so that's a good start and really is what I needed to get out of the 12 stone plus rut. Feeling pretty chuffed today. Thanks for all the support so far, here's to week two.

:talk017:

Back