Journey to a size 12!!!

Is it just me who thinks the NHS' BMI thing is a huge pile of *$&*!!! I'm sorry but it makes me a wee bit angry whenever I think about it. You look absolutely amazing in your photo and clearly a healthy weight already, not even overweight, let alone obese. If the NHS insist on calling everyone who's a stone over what they consider 'healthy' an 'obese' person then the word becomes meaningless and people won't take it seriously.

I've lost nearly 3 stone and yes I'm still quite fat. But I'd say overweight fat, not obese fat. Even at my biggest I'd have said I was 'very' fat, not obese. Yet the NHS had me down at nearing 'morbidly obese'....which is just nonsense. I'm aiming to be just above what the NHS considers a healthy weight for my height but I know I was that size before and it was slim.....not bordering on overweight. I'm sure I'll still be chuffed when I get to say 'overweight' and not 'obese' though :D Silly isn't it.

I TOTALLY agree...even at my biggest i would of described myself as "fat" not obese!! But i was quite firmly in the obese catagory. So whilst i dont beleive the BMI chart...i was still thrilled it couldnt call me "that" name anymore haha.

I once dated a rugby player...pure muscle...totally into keeping fit and eating well....and his weight meant he was classed as "obese". kinda lost faith in it after that!! lol xx

ahhh my BMI is in the "20"'s! Woo hoo!!!!

Night out on sat night...so will weigh on sat then not weigh again until a week on monday. Seems only fair!! Looking forward to dancing and wine :)

Still cant shake off this sore throat that ive had since before xmas...its driving me nuts!!

Getting a spray tan done tonight, its been so long, cant wait!! :) xxx

I'm out sat night too, hope you have a good one. I guess thats the advantage of doing this at home rather than in group, you can change your weigh in days to fit around you. I'll still be at my meeting on tuesday with my fingers crossed lol. I've not had all my syns each day to make up for sat and I plan on dancing loads and only having a couple of glasses of wine, I don't want a hangover on sunday, thats when I go off plan, I need junk food to get through it lol.

Have fun and jealous about the spray tan, i feel so pale and yuk at the moment!!

Hello Bubbles,

Sorry to bump onto ur page just u have the same idea as me! I wanna be a size 14 for May or even a 12 but more so a 12 for a wedding in Oct!

I just thought i'd say hello anyway & u seem to be doing well, ur little girl is so cute! I really need to kick my bum into gear and stop using more syns than i should be having! lol
How much have u lost so far? x x

Ahh the spray tan was fab..i look like ive just come back from holiday haha. Shame it wont last long :( Still dont have an outfit for tomorrow night...PANIC! Im going to have to go into town once my daughter gets picked up tomorrow and have a look.

Hey shelly...aww thanks :) She may look cute but shes a little madam lol!!! Ive lost 31lbs so far....24lbs to go! How many have you lost so far? xx

Wow thats a brilliant achievement ur like pro slimmer compared to me! I've only lost 14lbs got another 28lbs to loose! It feels like its so far away too but im sure i'll get there!

Awh i've got two nephews and a niece with another one on the way thou we dnt know the sex! LOL Love kids but yes they are little monsters sometimes! Can't wait have my own one day :) x x

It does seem far away...but it will get there!!! When i started i couldnt even imagine losing 1 stone...let alone over 2!! I think these final 24lbs are going to be hard tho.

Aww having kids is the best thing ever....but sometimes its nice to hand them back haha!!! Ava keeps me on my toes thats for sure!!! xx

Ahh what a beautiful name! My first was almost an Ava! x

Did you have a good night last night hun? xx

I always loved the name Ava...then her dad decided he hated it. So i agreed to comprimise until he started coming out with ridiculous names relating to manchester united (huge fan) so i put my foot down and said she would be called Ava...and we would give her "grace" as a middle name after his mum :) It really suits her!!!

Awww my night out was so good! Just a proper girly night with wine, nice food and giggles then out for dancing. I felt good in my new outfit and i even met a guy! He text me yesterday to ask me out...so we will see!!!

How was your night out hun? xxx

Hi I hope you dont mind me writing here... Im new to the site and browsing all the different threads. the title 'journey to size 12' grabbed me, I am also aiming for this! I have a daughter, 19 months old and the love of my life :) I started SW last week and have my first weigh in this eve, eeeeek!!! After years of never being completely happy with my body I am ready for a challenge! Some of your posts have given me a chuckle and been really helpful :) x

Hiya Bubbles

Just browsing the diaries and noticed you are in Aberdeen. Thought I'd pop in and say Hi cos it's unusual to see anyone from up this way on here. Seems like you are doing really well with your weight loss, keep up the good work!!

I haven't had a night out since New Year and am starting to feel like a hermit... However, a nit wary of going out and losing control of what I drink altogether, I have a habit of drinking lots of vodka and shots once I'm out... More than I could syn lol xx

Hi Lisa

awww im glad!! Sometimes i read things back and wonder what im earth im thinking haha. Good luck on your weight loss journey, im sure you will do great!!! My daughter loves all the slimming world meals i make so hopefully your little girl will be the same :)

Maverick...oh my god i cant beleive someone is actually from the north east on here! I live in westhill so just a little out of westhill...i see your in elgin? Are you glad all the snow is vanishing?! :) I too never syn nights out....i just dont think its possible lol!! xx

Thank u, had my first weigh in tonight and lost 7lbs! got my first half stone sticker :) My little girl Mia is such a good eater and loves her mummys home cooked food from scratch. Would like to hear any recipes you can recommend :) x

My night out was great too thanks hun!! Glad you had a good one, I impressed myself and wasn't even drunk, stayed to just over 2 glasses of wine all night.

All our daughters are around the same age lol.

My night out was great too thanks hun!! Glad you had a good one, I impressed myself and wasn't even drunk, stayed to just over 2 glasses of wine all night.

All our daughters are around the same age lol.

Awww how old is your little one? :) does she like the SW food? x

Hi girls, Hope you dont mind me popping in.. I still feel like a newbie on this site... well, I am a newbie lol
started last week and have my 1st WI 2moz..!

Sounds and looks like your all doing great! =)

Well done Lisa on your loss! Bet that felt good eh?!!

Good luck Jen...let us know how you got on with your first WI!! :)

I sneakily weighed myself this morning (im not meant to weigh myself till next monday) but im back down to the same weight i was before the boozy night out so ive clearly worked off the booze. Aiming for 1lb or 2lbs by next monday. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee lol. Im desperate to get into the 11 stone catagory haha.

xx

Back