Journey to lose 2 stone, food diary on EE!!

Hi Josie! Your pasta bake sounds so yummy! I really want to try a pasta bake... there's just so much choice on SW! I think I'm stuck in a rut with soup at the moment!! Hope you manage to control the sweet cravings, know exactly how you feel... is it nearly time for your monthly cycle? I think that's what's up with me at the mo...

Hope you go on OK tonight!! xx

Hi rumbletummy, well I went slightly over on syns yesterday and ate double portions of the pasta oops but I will recover!! Today I've had less of an appetite. :)

2 Alpen light bars (Hex B)
Gammon, sw chips and salad
homemade chocolate mousse (3 syns)
175 ml red wine (6 syns)
100 ml tonic water (2 syns)
Cocoa (Milk-Hex A) (syns 2)

13 syns 24 left for Monday and Tuesday.

Monday-Red Day
porridge with blueberrys mixed in and 1 tsp sugar (Hex A/B and 1 syn)
Omelette made with toms, red onion, lean bacon, mushrooms and 42g reduced fat cheese (Hex A)
2 Alpen Light (Hex B)
3 wine gums (3 syns)
175ml red wine (6 syns)
Bacon salad with home made honey and mustard dressing (2 syns)
Meringue nest with mulllerlight and berries (3 syns)

Total 15 syns 9 left for tomorrow!!

Tuesday Red Day
2 weetabix with milk and 1 sugar (hex a/b and 1 syn)
2 alpen light (hex B)
Omelette with onion, mushroom and toms and 42g reduced fat cheese (hex a)
Chicken breast and steam veg pouch (1 syn as it is the sweetcorn one)
Meringue nest with mullerlight and blueberries (3 syns)
Options mint hot choc (2 syns)

7 syns 2 left to play with!!

Weigh in tomorrow :scale:

Hi Josie! I have swapped over to WW because I'm following the same diet as my friend so it made sense and I know she wouldn't get SW lol! I will still follow your diary though and check how you're doing, looks like you're doing really well!! I'm coming back to SW once I reach my goal though as I love the food so much, but I think WW will help me lose faster xx

No worries I'll look you up on the ww thread and see how you're getting on. Good luck with the new plan and I hope you enjoy it :)

Ok so week 2 wi today and I lost 2lbs. I am more than pleased with that and as long as I can keep losing 1-2 lbs a week I'm more than happy. I'm going to keep to an allowance of 105 syns a week but if weight loss stops I'll cut that back to maybe 70 a week.

Wednesday Red Day

Weetabix and Milk with 1 sugar (hex a/b and 1 syn)
2 alpen light (hex B)
42g reduced fat cheese (hex a)
small portion spicy sweet potato soup (2.5 syns)
chicken and spinach thai curry with a small amount of cooked rice (6 syns)
Barcardi with coconut and pineapple (11 syns) :eek:
Large meringue nest (5.5 syns)
Had a crazy late night snack binge so now syns have shot up to 40 oops! totm on its way I think..​

Total 40 syns 65 left for week

The pina colada style drink was a little extravagant at 11 syns but I really had a craving when I saw a carton of pineapple and coconut drink unopened from Christmas in the fridge. Just thought about adding it to some bacardi and that was me finished with hehe!
It is funny as I have days when I am not interested in eating very much and stick to plan easily but other days I want naughty things and go over syns. Luckily they are balancing each other out though, guess that's the beauty of sw and why people stick at it for so long.​

Last edited:
Thanks Donna, the whole scales thing was crazy, was quite gutted that it wasn't correct when I weighed in at 10 stone 4 hehe.
Since you probably replied yesterday, I had a crazy binge, had 40 syns :eek:. But I'm not letting that slip up ruin me!

Thursday

2 bowls of homemade sweet potato soup (3 syns)
For tea I'm having-SW doner kebab recipe with wholemeal pitta and salad.
250 ml red wine (8.5 syns)
Mixed berries​

Total 11.5 syns 53.5 left for week

Last edited:
Friday -EE day
2 Alpen light bars (hex B)
sw quiche with salad (Hex A-cheese)
spaghetti n meatballs (sauce made with passata and onions to get 1/3 in)
175ml red wine (6 syns)
Date and walnut cake ( 19 syns) :eek: woops!

Total syns 25 28.5 syns left for the week

Ok so a couple of bad days for syns so far this week, I am still blaming totm, hopefully my cravings will soon pass. I'm looking on the bright side though-I still have 7 syns a day left so that's not too bad. ;)

Saturday Red day
2 alpen light (hex B)
sw quiche (hex a for cheese)
Meatballs in wholemeal pitta (hex B)
options hot choc brownie drink (3 syns)

Things unfortunately went wrong for me this evening. Have drunk lots of alcoholic drinks, some food which would be syns and also 3 chocolate creme eggs. The syns consumed are probably about a weeks worth oops! :mad:

My week so far has been bad, I have struggled with cravings and will power, I know exactly the reason why and hope that I don't have this same problem every month. But I will not give up on this diet. I will get back on track tomorrow.​

I know but how naughty is that eh 3 creme eggs!! Just checked out your diary and pleased to see your weight loss for the last week, really well done! :D

Well I will definitely be on track today, I'm determined. WI on Wednesday so I am hoping that if I can follow plan the next 3 days, I might at least lose 1 pound!!

Sunday Red Day​

Ok so I seem to be back on track today. Cravings have gone :) Hopefully I haven't done too much damage so far this week.​

SW Quiche (hex A for cheese)
Mug of Cocoa (hex a-milk & 2 syns-cocoa and sugar)
2 alpen lights (hex B)
Seafood sticks
Grapes
Wholemeal pitta half tsp clover (hex b & 1 syn)
half tsp of peanut butter (1 syn)
barcardi and diet coke (4 syns)
lean bacon
cheesecake muller light (1 syns)
alpen light (3 syns)​

Total syns 10 syns
Back on track yessssssssssssssssss​

Last edited:
Monday Red Day

2 alpen light (hex B)
wholemeal pitta with low fat cheese and salad (hex a/b)
grapes
3 seafood sticks
gammon, frylight egg, half a packet of mild cheese brocolli pasta n sauce (11 syns/hex a milk)
SW forerro rochers (made with crushed weetabix, 1 tbs golden syrup, 2 tbs nutella) I ate about (12 syns worth!)

Total syns 23

Just trying to see this week out as best I can until Wednesday when I wi and start a new week. I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and as it stands at the moment, I have lost another 2 pounds, however I don't want to get too excited because my bad days this week may be yet to catch up on me!

I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and as it stands at the moment, I have lost another 2 pounds, however I don't want to get too excited because my bad days this week may be yet to catch up on me!

Will keep fingers crossed for you!

I could eat 6 creme eggs easily, I hve avoided the BOGOF offer in Tesco so far!

haha! We got some cheap in Tesco which is where the temptation came from..

WI tomorrow, I'm going to be gutted if I am over 10 stone 10 tomorrow now, goes to show exactly why mid week weighing is a BAD idea :eek:

Tuesday EE Day

3 Alpen lights (hex B + 3 syns)
cheese mug shot (2 syns)
cottage pie made with swede n carrot mash rather than spuds
chocolate (10 syns)

15 syns total

Fresh week and start tomorrow, I am setting myself the target to stick to plan all week ;)

WI number 3 this morning and 2 pounds lost taking total loss to 5 pounds. I am going for a 100% week am aiming for another 2 pounds to reach the half stone mark. wish me luck!!!

Wednesday's diary was a red day...

2 alpen light (hex b)
pitta with cheese and salad (hexa/b)
Cottage pie made with swede and carrot mash on top (3 syns)
chocolate (9.5 syns)
fresh mango

Total syns 12.5

Thursday diary EE

2 Alpen Light (hex b)
cheese brocolli pasta n sauce (5 syns inc milk)
mullerlight
syn free lasagne (hex A cheese)
crushed weetabix mixed with a tbs warmed up nutella and tbs warmed up syrup (heaven!) 9.5syns

14.5 syns

Friday EE day

2 alpen lights (hex B)
2 portions of lasagne (hex a) (6 syns second portion)
1 chicken drumstick with skin (1.5 syns)
nutella (ate some from the jar!) (9 syns)
gin and slimline tonic (4 syns)
jameson and diet coke (4 syns)
4 chocolate coins (8 syns)

Total syns 32.5

Back