Journey to lose 2 stone, food diary on EE!!

Saturday red day

2 wholemeal pitta doner kebabs-slimming world recipe (2 hex B and 1 syn vlf mayo)
200ml with chocolate nesquick (hex a & 5 syns)
nescafe capuccino (3.5 syns)
gin and slimline tonic (4 syns)
6 wine gums (6 syns)
2 glasses wine spritzer (8 syns)

27.5 syns 18 left for the week (6 a day)

Last edited:
Hi Josie!

Well done on your fabby weight loss and good luck for your half a stone!! I put on 2.5 this week!! Had a nightmare week, no kitchen and so just snacked, plus it was star week too! Really hoping it'll come off pretty quick!!

Just reading your diary, it doesn't look like you're actually having much food, hope you're not going hungry xx

Hi Becky

I just messaged on your diary and didn't see that you had replied here! I was saying on your diary not to worry about the gain because totm is always gonna do that, I always gain and often 5 pounds but it'll fall off the week after.
I am not getting hungry, I have been so busy with teaching work that I haven't had time to eat. But I do find that I have been having more syns lately than I should and that is definitely due to me not eating enough meals.

As for today-Sunday, well I am going to have to flexi syn. I haven't actually been that bad in terms of calories, but I haven't eated the sw way and so have had way to many syns. Couldn't even guess at how many.

I want to work hard Monday and Tuesday as I really want another 2 pound loss on Wednesday to get my half stone sticker!! Not sure I will though as it has been a bad bad week.

Right so a new week and I must stick to plan all week. I have been having far too many bad days.

Monday's planned food diary

2 alpen lights
cheese mug shot (2 syns)
mixed berries
Chicken curry made with levi roots curry sauce and rice (if I eat half its 9 syns), will add some mixed peppers and onions to get 1/3.
Evening snack-mullerlight, mixed berries

Sounding good Josie!! Fingers crossed for your sticker on Wednesday! xx

And thanks for the re-assurance on my weight gain, I'm like you I can bang it on so easily he he!!

Ok so Monday turned in to a freakin nightmare. Followed food plan as shown on last post but then in the evening I ended up tucking in to about 6 hobnobs, 2 glasses of wine and several handfuls of peanuts. NOT GOOD :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I went to bed feeling down, thinking that I am going to gain all the weight I've lost so far. I don't know why I have been so self destructive lately. I thought my diet was over last night and that I was destined to be chubby forever.

But I have woken up today and have decided that this will not beat me. The pleasure I gained from stuffing my face was in no way worth the depression I gained from failing on my diet.

I will succeed, I just have to get back to a positive frame of mind. The main mistakes I am making at the moment are
  • Having EE days, for some reason red days work much better for me and I am less likely to mess up
  • Drinking alcohol, even when sinned, it makes me more likely to lower my guard and snack
  • Letting myself go hungry or get peckish, because then I just pick at things.

Tuesday Red Day

2 Alpen lights (hex B)
wholemeal pitta with cheese and toms (hex a/b)
2 frylight eggs, 3 rasher bacon, tinned toms (6 syns as left rind on bacon)
Mug of cocoa (hex a & 3 syns)
Mixed berries, natural yoghurt and tsp sugar (1 syn)

Total syns 10

Back on track today-no urge to pig out!
Red days are definitely the way forward for me now.
WI tomorrow eek, as long as I haven't gained I guess I am going to think myself lucky looking back at the week I've had.

Good luck for tomorrow hon and well done for coming back after Monday night, doesn't sound like you were that bad really, don't give yourself such a hard time, try to laugh it off and try to make the next day better, a little gain here and there isn't the end of the world, you can still look at your weight loss over the month and feel proud xx

I was very shocked to weigh this morning and find that I'd lost another 2lb! That takes my loss to half a stone now and makes me 10 stone 8.
No idea how I managed that but really need to focus to keep on shifting.
Next milestone-10 stone.

Wednesday Red Day

2 boiled eggs
1 alpen light (3 syns)
sw doner kebab (hex B-Wholemeal pitta)
(1.5 syns) for vlf garlic mayo
milk with chocolate nesquik (hex A & 4 syns)
Planning on another doner kebab-have another hex B left.

Total 8.5 syns

Wow! Well done Josie! I told you Monday didn't sound bad!! I think maybe you thought you'd been bad cause you hadn't stuck to plan, but it didn't seem like you were eating much last week so your calorie intake was probably down! I'm hoping for a good loss this week, 10 stone seems forever away he he!! xx

I know what you mean Becky-10 stone does seem miles away but remember it can be achieved in 4-5 weeks by both of us, how cool will that be!!

Thursday Red Day

2 alpen light (hex B)
mullerlight and fruit
wholemeal pitta sw doner kebab with salad (hex B) 1.5 syns for mayo
cocoa (hex a & 3 syns)
vlf natural yoghurt and berries mixed in (1 syn for tsp sugar)
Alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns 8.5

Friday

Going to have to put it down as a flexi syn day (yes another one :rolleyes:)
I ended up having about 60 syns. What happened was that on my lunch break I dropped in the co-op and saw those chocolate dessert pots with the squirty cream on top-think they are by campuno. I looked at the calories and they were about 7 syns a pot so I thought fantastic, a nice treat.
Unfortunately over the course of the day I ate all 6 of them :whoopass: shameful I know
I also had a choccy milkshake...what a pig eh!

Saturday Red Day

2 x sw doner kebab with Wholemeal pitta
Crisps (7 syns)

Saturday night drinks-2 bacardis, 4 double drambuie. Lots of syns! Another flexi I think oops.

Lol Josie! That's the kind of thing I'd do eating the whole lot he he!! I guess they were morish lol!

Gosh I don't think I could get down to 10stone in 4-5 weeks, how about 4-5 months he he!!

Actually, I've set myself a target of 10st 4 by end of Feb (6lbs loss) fingers crossed I'm good he he!! xx

Hi Becky, I bet you'll easily get to 10 stone before you know it!!! good luck, I am rubbish at the moment so think it'll be easter before I get there :p I weighed yesterday morning and again this morning and have gained 3 pounds in a day!!! But having read online, apparantly a nights drinking can give you water retention and temporary weight gain so I'm really hoping it's right and that it comes back off! my own fault if it doesn't...

Sunday

wholemeal pitta with lean bacon, tomatoes and cheese (hex a/b)
13g unsalted cashews (3.5 syns)
wholemeal pitta with diced chicken breasts coated with honey, mustard and soy sauce and lettuce (hex B & 2 syns)
double disaronno (8 syns)

total 13.5 syns

Monday Red day

2 alpen light (hex B)
Grapes
Chicken breast
wholemeal pitta with mince turkey and salad (5 syns as turkey wasn't extra lean)
muller light
2 x sugar free jelly (3 syns)
Disoranno (6 syns)

Total syns 14

Back