Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

realslimstacey

Hiya everyone, I'm Stacey,

I've been over 13st for most of my adult life and have always wanted to change that but have never had that motivation. I have now finally decided to try and give myself the big push i need to get some weight shifted and finally be happy to be me.

I have been reading the pages of this site for months, everybody's stories on here are truly inspirational and i am so proud of you all. I am using this inspiration to help motivate myself and join you all on the weight loss journey.

I have on previous attempts, kept a food diary in a notebook, but as nobody sees that i think it was easy to kid myself and cheat. I am hoping by making myself post on here everyday where others can see it, will spur me to stay on track to reaching my goals.

I am following Slimming World but i am doing it from home, on my own. My challenge is that i am living in a house of 6 people with constant temptations of crisps and chocolate around as everybody else eats what they want. I just need to resist that temptation or find my own treats within reason.

If anybody would like to buddy with me, i would be very happy to do that as i don't have that person i can chat and swap ideas with.

Anyways, after rambling and introducing myself, here's to a slimmer future on the horizon!!

Favourite recipes to make (constantly updated)
- Speedy Bolognese
- Mini Quiches
- Pizza Chicken
- Speedy Tomato Soup
- Chicken Lasagne

Last edited:
I have chosen Saturday mornings as my weigh-in time. Yesterday i weighed in at 13st 3lbs.

Diary#1 Saturday 16th April

Breakfast: 2x weetabix, milk, strawberries, clementine
Lunch: Speedy tomato soup (made this for the first time!)
Tea: was a write off kinda, i had breaded chicken pieces and forgot to take off the coating to make them remotely healthy :(

I also made mini quiches which were lovely and will be having for lunch or tea today.
I think where i went wrong at tea was i hadn't planned what i was having, and was still full from eating the soup, i should have had something like a mugshot. At least i know where i went wrong and i have the whole day planned today to today should go better; fingers crossed.

Last edited:
For today i wanted to try and stick to a plan and i succeeded i think.

Diary#2 Sunday 17th April

Breakfast: 2x weetabix, milk, strawberries, clementine
Lunch: Speedy tomato soup, 2 x mini quiches
Tea: Bacon, Beans, Scrambled Egg, Mushrooms

Syns: 1x fresh cream meringue, 12syns?
Weekly syns total: 12/105

I've decided i am going to use flexi syns as some days i don't fancy anything sweet, which is probably where most of my syns would go. So i've decided to use them over the whole week instead.

I have also bought a fitness tracker, i am quite active in my job as i look after babies and toddlers so i am on my feet pretty much the whole time i am at work. However, when it comes to the weekend i just like to chill and not do much. I do want to try and get my fitness level up on a weekend so hopefully tracking my steps might encourage me to get off my bum and move on a weekend.

Overall i feel good about how today went. I think i definately succeed more when i have a definite plan in front of me. I have been browsing the forums reading about batch cooking which would be helpful especially for days i've worked all day. Tomorrow i am going to try tomato and basil chicken for tea and hopefully lunch on Tuesday too, we'll see how that goes. :)

Last edited:
Hi Stacey :) It looks like you are off to a really good start and I am sure the chicken pieces won't have caused much trouble :) I am also doing SW from home, as there are no classes where I live. I will be signing up again for the online weigh ins again soon but for now I am just using all my old stuff. Your plan to batch cook is brilliant, I am sure it will really help knowing you have something ready to go. I think we all do a lot better when we plan.

Best of luck this week! Hope it goes really well. :)

Hi Stacey :) It looks like you are off to a really good start and I am sure the chicken pieces won't have caused much trouble :) I am also doing SW from home, as there are no classes where I live. I will be signing up again for the online weigh ins again soon but for now I am just using all my old stuff. Your plan to batch cook is brilliant, I am sure it will really help knowing you have something ready to go. I think we all do a lot better when we plan.

Best of luck this week! Hope it goes really well. :)
Hi Marie,

Thanks for the response and encouragement it really means a lot. :) I find planning works best for me and i have been browsing round the forums for recipes i can batch cook. I made soup at the weekend which i was impressed with so i will definately be making that again sometime soon.

Good luck to you too :)

Off to a good start it looks like, I wouldn't worry to much about the chicken pieces as chicken nuggets are low syns and pretty much that's all those will have been xx
Good lass addressing where you went wrong though, it really helps when your losses slow and helps you stay on track x is they any particular recipes you need or like as I'm a member at group so got access to online recipes etc xx

Off to a good start it looks like, I wouldn't worry to much about the chicken pieces as chicken nuggets are low syns and pretty much that's all those will have been xx
Good lass addressing where you went wrong though, it really helps when your losses slow and helps you stay on track x is they any particular recipes you need or like as I'm a member at group so got access to online recipes etc xx
Hi, thanks for the support:) . At the moment i'm trying to find recipes for things that either don't take too long to cook for the days when i'm at work 11 hours or things like soup which i can prep and freeze on a weekend and cook as needed. Any help is much appreciated, thank you :)

Hi, thanks for the support:) . At the moment i'm trying to find recipes for things that either don't take too long to cook for the days when i'm at work 11 hours or things like soup which i can prep and freeze on a weekend and cook as needed. Any help is much appreciated, thank you :)
Will look tonight and send some on here xx

Will look tonight and send some on here xx
Thanks again, it is much appreciated.

SO i felt today has gone very well, i am very happy with myself :).

Diary#3 Monday 18th April

Breakfast; 2 weetabix, milk, 2x clementines, pear
Lunch; Batchelors pesto pasta, cherry tomatoes
Tea; Grilled tomato and basil chicken, broccoli, green beans
Snacks; strawberries, apple

Syns: i had a curly wurly last night (6) but have had none today so far.
Weekly syns total: 18/105.

The tomato and basil chicken was so simple to make and so yummy i will definately be making it again. I made sure i made an extra portion for tomorrows lunch too. Tomorrows tea is homemade chicken stew which i am looking forward to :D.

It is so lovely to have joined a community full of people who are so supportive of each other, who provide endless help and encouragement. I am really looking forward to chatting and following you all on your journeys.:D

Last edited:
Thanks again, it is much appreciated.

SO i felt today has gone very well, i am very happy with myself :).

Breakfast; 2 weetabix, milk, 2x clementines, pear
Lunch; Batchelors pesto pasta, cherry tomatoes
Tea; Grilled tomato and basil chicken, broccoli, green beans
Snacks; strawberries, apple

Syns: i had a curly wurly last night (6) but have had none today so far.

The tomato and basil chicken was so simple to make and so yummy i will definately be making it again. I made sure i made an extra portion for tomorrows lunch too. Tomorrows tea is homemade chicken stew which i am looking forward to :D.

It is so lovely to have joined a community full of people who are so supportive of each other, who provide endless help and encouragement. I am really looking forward to chatting and following you all on your journeys.:D
Ooo tea did sound very yummy

Haven't been able to log on slimming world but shall take some pics from my books and mag and send tomorrow if that's OK xx feel awful :(
Aww don't feel awful :) it's absolutely fine.

Last night after i typed up my diary i fancied something sweet, so instead of reaching for a chocolate bar i enjoyed a bowl of vanilla mullerlight, strawberries and grapes. I have to say it was quite nice and definitely satisfied that sweet tooth.

Today has been another good day;

Diary#4 Tuesday 19th April

Breakfast; bowl of mullerlight, strawberries, grapes (again i know), 2x benefit bars.
Lunch; tomato and basil chicken, broccoli and green beans
Tea; homemade chicken stew

Syns: none today yet but i have a galaxy ripple sitting next to me. Don't know if i want it yet.

Being just over the half way mark in my first week i am feeling very positive about everything and i actually find myself getting lost in pages and pages of recipes and ideas, i love it!!!! Hope the enthusiasm stays with me:D.

So no diary from me last night; totally unplanned but i fell asleep by 9pm i was absolutely shattered lol. Had a long and not so great 2 days at work and i'm not feeling very cheery tonight :(. I am so ready for the weekend, it's just been one of those days today.

Diary#5 Wednesday 20th April

Breakfast; 2 weetabix, milk, 2 clementines, pear
Lunch; Chicken Stew, Muller light
Tea; Jacket Potato, Mushy Peas, Tomato Sauce

Snacks; apple, banana

Syns; Tomato sauce (1.5)
Weekly Syns Total: 19.5/105

Diary#6 Thursday 21st April

Breakfast; 2x weetabix, milk, 2x clementines, pear
Lunch; Jacket Potato, Mushy Peas, tomato sauce, Cheeto's, Muller Light
Tea; Salmon, New Potatoes, Mushy Peas, Broccoli, Green Beans

Snacks; apple, banana

Syns; tomato sauce (1), benefit bar (3) cheeto's (3.5) chocolate flapjack (12) regretting that one :(
Weekly Syns Total: 39/105

Still only on 39 syns for the week. What does everyone use their syns on? I feel like i only really use mine if i eat chocolate or crisps.

One more day to go before weigh-day. Still feeling positive food wise, here's hoping for a good day tomorrow to finish off the week.:)

Hope you are feeling a bit less shattered today and work is cheering up a bit, it's been a tired week for me too, so I had a day where everything went in my mouth, but luckily not so much that I didn't lose. I tend to use my syns on either a snack like a seeded crispbread with peanut butter (bit of a favourite) sugar free jelly, some extra cheese, though I mostly use mine on sauces, little bit of oil for cooking, salad dressings etc and sometimes a tortilla if I am eating Mexican food (quite often). I can't get a lot of stuff that people use their syns on where I live, but I know people use their syns on curly wurly's quite a bit or a biscuit/musli bar etc.

Hope you have a brilliant day and best of luck for your weigh in :)

Hope you are feeling a bit less shattered today and work is cheering up a bit, it's been a tired week for me too, so I had a day where everything went in my mouth, but luckily not so much that I didn't lose. I tend to use my syns on either a snack like a seeded crispbread with peanut butter (bit of a favourite) sugar free jelly, some extra cheese, though I mostly use mine on sauces, little bit of oil for cooking, salad dressings etc and sometimes a tortilla if I am eating Mexican food (quite often). I can't get a lot of stuff that people use their syns on where I live, but I know people use their syns on curly wurly's quite a bit or a biscuit/musli bar etc.

Hope you have a brilliant day and best of luck for your weigh in :)
Thanks for your support Marie :):)

Today turned out to be a much better day than yesterday thank gooodness, although the dreaded monthly friend has just turned up :mad:. Could be the reason why i was feeling sorry for myself yesterday though lol. Anyways on with the diary.

Diary#7 Friday 22nd April

Breakfast; 2x weetabix, milk, 2x clementines, pear
Lunch; Salmon, Broccoli, Green Beans, Mullerlight
Tea; Prawns, Rice, Peas, Sweetcorn, Garlic

Snacks; apple, banana, strawberries in mullerlight

Syns; Cheetos (3.5), Ripple (9)
Weekly Syns Total: 51.5/105

I have been feeling very positive this week and hopefully that will reflect tomorrow morning. I aren't expecting massive losses as i already ate plenty of fruit and veg in my meals before this week, i would be very happy with losing 1-3lbs a week.

I'm currently browsing and drooling, trying to decide my meal plan for this week coming up. I think i'm gonna make the soup and mini quiches again tomorrow, they were a hit with my Mum too!

Good luck all you other Saturday weighers that'll be stepping up with me in the morning. :D

Back