Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Feeling very happy and positive today. Like the day off yesterday was the boost i needed to get me going again. I think i have my head around the EESP plan so i am looking forward to seeing how that plays out. If i find it quite simple, i may do an extra day or two of them.

Diary #31 Monday 16th May EESP

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s), clementines (s)
D: Tomato Soup made of: beans (p), tomatoes (s), carrots (s), pickled onions (s), 2 wholemeal bread (b)
T: Quiche made of: egg (p), quark (p), tomatoes (s), onion (s), mushroom (s)

Snacks: pear (s), plum (s), apple (s)
Syns: lemonade lolly (3),maltesers (9.5)
Total Daily Syns: 12.5/10

Speed Food Count: 10/10

Diary #32 Tuesday 17th May EESP

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s), clementines (s)
D: 2 boiled eggs (p) cucumber (s) tomatoes (s) pickled onions (s) beetroot (s)
T: Bolognese made of: 5% mince (p) onion (s) carrots (s) celery (s) garlic (s) chopped tomatoes (s) with broccoli (s) green beans (s) cabbage (s)

Snacks: pear (s) alpen bar (1/2 b)
Syns: not really worth talking about, had a treat bag of maltesers and a handful of squashies :oops:
Total Daily Syns: way too many/10

Speed Food Count: 14/10

Last edited:
I know it's not really funny, but "way too many/10" did make me laugh! I'm sure all the rest of your saintly behaviour will balance out this minor hiccup :)

Diary #33 Wednesday 18th May

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s) plum (s)
D: chicken, tomatoes (s) pickled onions (s) celery (s) beetroot (s)
T: white fish and new potatoes with peas, green beans (s) cabbage (s)

Snacks: pear (s), clementine (s)
Syns: tomato sauce (1),milky way 21g (5), mini gingerbread men (6)
Total Daily Syns: 12/10

Speed Food Count: 10/10

Last edited:
I know it's not really funny, but "way too many/10" did make me laugh! I'm sure all the rest of your saintly behaviour will balance out this minor hiccup :)
Haha thanks for the support, glad i made you laugh :D

Diary #34 Thursday 19th May

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s) plum (s)
D: prawns, tomatoes (s) pickled onions (s) beetroot (s) cucumber (s)
T: jacket potato, mushy peas

Snacks: pear (s), clementine (s) apple (s)
Syns: tomato sauce (1) mayonnaise (5.5) should've used salad cream instead :oops:
Total Daily Syns: 6.5/10

Speed Food Count: 9/10

Not feeling it today, tired and ready for the weekend. I'm thinking of maybe doing SP days again net week, not sure whether to go the whole week or just the second half of the week. To be honest i don't miss pasta or potatoes when i don't have them with meals most of the time, so i don't really feel like i'm missing out in anyway. Maybe i'll browse for some SP meal ideas and see how a plan goes.

Ooh I could totally do with doing some SP days this week. I still need to re-sign up online (honestly I don't know what's wrong with me haha) so I can see how that all works. Looking forward to seeing how you get on. :)

Diary #35 Friday 20th May

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s) pear (s)
D: Jacket Potato, Mushy Peas
T: Bolognese made of: 5% mince (p) onion (s) carrots (s) celery (s) garlic (s) chopped tomatoes (s) with broccoli (s) green beans (s) cabbage (s)

Snacks: clementine (s) plum (s)
Syns: tomato sauce (1) choc chip cookies (10)
Total Daily Syns: 11/10

Speed Food Count: 12/10

So end of week 5. I'm finding that trying to get in 10 different speed fruits or vegetables is easier if they are incorporated into your main meals, such as the bolognese and the soups so i think i'll definately be making those again.

I have also planned a full 7 days of EESP meals for next week. I am going to try and have a bash at doing 7 EESP days in a row. I am going to Aldi and Asda armed with my shopping list which hopefully won't be too damaging as i already have most of the meat/ fish already in so it's mainly fruits and veggies i need.

Some of the things i plan to have are; salmon, bolognese, chicken, pork loin and a good old fry up! Also my lunches for work are going to be salads with a different meat/ fish each day so i don't get too bored. We'll see how it goes and if i'm one of the lucky ones that EESP gives a good boost to :). I've read a lot of people struggling with EESP because they love their carbs but to be honest i don't really miss them when i don't have them, so i think this week should go ok, fingers crossed.

I wasn't so great on the syns this week for a couple of reasons. I set myself a target of 5-10 syns per day, and i found if i hadn't had them in my meals, it would get to night time and i would be thinking i need to eat something to get my syns in. Only problem with that is then i was looking around the kitchen looking what i could've had. I had nothing low syn in, so this week i am preparing myself. I am allowing myself 5-10 syns again but this time i am going to buy in a few low syn treats so i can make sure i don't go over my allowance this week.

Weighed in this morning 12, 8.25lbs so a loss of 2lbs. Very pleased with that, i can finally add an award to my sig with over 1/2 stone lost now. 10.5lbs til my club 10 which is my next goal i think.

Last edited:
Diary #36 Saturday 21st May

Fat Day - Day Off SW

Diary #37 Sunday 22nd May EESP

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a), strawberries (s) melon (s)
D: Ham (p) and tomato (s) toastie (b),
T: Ham (p) Salad; tomato (s) cucumber (s) pickled onion (s) carrot (s) gherkins (s) beetroot (s) celery (s)

Snacks:
Syns: butter (3), crisps (5) salad cream (1.5)
Syns: 9.5/15
Speed Count: 9/10

Diary: #38 Monday 23rd May EESP

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s) melon (s)
D: boiled eggs (p) tomatoes (s) cucumber (s) beetroot (s) gherkins (s) celery (s)
T: bolognese made with 5% mince (p) chopped tomatoes (s) garlic (s) celery (s) carrots (s) tomato puree (s) onion (s) with carrot (s) and swede (s) mash and broccoli (s)

Snacks: pear (s) crisp (5) aldi bubbly (4) 2 cereal bar (b)
Syns: salad cream (1.5)
Total Syns: 10.5/10
Speed Count: 12/10

Last edited:
Diary #39 Tuesday 24th May EESP

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s) melon (s)
D: Chicken (p) and Tomato (s) toastie (b) crisps (5)
T: Pork Loin (p) Carrot (s) and swede (s) mash, broccoli (s) cabbage (s) green beans (s)

Snacks: pear (s)
Syns: butter (2), crisps (5), gravy (3)
Total Syns: 10/10
Speed Count: 9/10

hi been reading your diary and really enjoying it. you are doing brilliantly. well done on the loss . here to follow

hi been reading your diary and really enjoying it. you are doing brilliantly. well done on the loss . here to follow
Hi, glad you are enjoying my diary, thank you for the support

Just a small loss for me this week. I've had a busy week this week, working and then trying to decorate after i get home from work each night left me starting the week on a good note and ending on a pick at everything and not think about it note. Just a .75lbs loss for me this week unfortunately. I'm disappointed but i'm not going to let it get me down and i am going to plan for this week and get back to it.

On another note, i have a new purpose for motivation, a holiday in the summer of next year. I know it is a while away and i want to be at my target weight by Christmas, i would absolutely love to be a size 12 by the time i go on holiday next year. So thats my motivation, hopefully.

My downfall is snacking. I know it is and i know i do it. It's not that i crave chocolate or anything, i can go without it, but if i know it's there and i start thinking about it being there, i want to eat it. It is mainly in the evenings when i'm sat at my computer or watching tv. This is something i need to stop or have more control over. How do you guys keep your motivation?

Plan written for this week, 4 EE days followed by 2 SP days, overnight oats measured for breakfast and in the fridge, shopping done, 'm ready to tackle this week and i'm hoping for a 2-3lbs loss this week.

I've literally spent the last hour reading people's stories and looking at inspirational photos. It has made me think about what i want and why i started following SW in the first place. I feel like i have found my 'goal' in my mind, and i am feeling positive for the week ahead now.

I will be returning to posting my diary every day this week. I shall also be donning my trainers and going walking at least 3 nights this week with my Sister In Law, who actually attends SW classes.

Thinking positive for this week, fingers crossed.

Back