JUDDD 2.0 The Return

I have stuck to the JUDD diet since last Thursday. I have dabbled in the other forums but this is the one for me. My weigh in day is a Thursday so I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes I agree with Nanny - it must be water weight. Flying does that to me too. I look like a Michelin man after flying. I'm really glad you are getting somewhere with moving. That's got to improve things no end.xx

I should have taken a photo of my legs and ankles, its improved a bit, but I noticed that my weight was the same at night as it was in the morning so thats not normal for me, usually 3-4lbs in the difference, it will sort itself out once I get back on track on Saturday

Pity about the lack of pics.... could have done with a sniggle :)

How is it going now?

I've changed my targets again and am, at last, back on the wagon. Food shopping tomorrow and I am off again, hopefully.

Fingers crossed for both of us, all this bouncing is making me sick :devilangel:

Hey Lanark, :) back after a monumental fall from JUDDD grace & catching up with those who are left. I hope the water retention has settled, I battle wit that too so I know what a pain it can be.

Morning everyone, sorry I was MIA, but I had my exams last week and had to drop out from the human race for a while there, even had to get Mr L to do his own ironing, that went down a storm I can tell you!! Exams over but still a bit of coursework to do, exam results out on 10th January so putting it out of my mind until then, but after that assuming all goes well I will then be in the final semester of my final year, it's all been torture can't wait for it to be over!

So I wasn't dieting at all this last 2 weeks or so and happy to say I've really stabilised my weight, about 4lbs higher than I'd like but to me thats just water and glycogen weight that I've seen come on many many times when I've stopped dieting, so actually I'm rather pleased with that, but nutritionally I have been so bad, almost no veggies for at least a week and so much chocolate (brain food LOL) dinner was Burger King at least 3 nights last week too so I am very ready to get back to being a bit kinder to myself.

Absolutely not sure what do do about fasting at all at the moment, I am thinking maybe a 5:2 week to ease back in and see how I go from there, I have a xmas lunch next week so I'd like to lose a few lbs before then but I am not going to do any extreme dieting as frankly it hasn't paid off for me at all this year, I am only about 9lbs down for the whole year which is really not a great result.

Still no news about getting out of Egypt either but my time will come............soon I hope!

Hurrah. I thought exams might be why you were MIA but living where you are I always worry. I must admit the JUDDDing ain't floating my boat any more. I haven't lost much this year either. Apart from at first. I think I was 13. 8 in January and I'm between 11.2 and 11.8 depending on where I put the scales now. Most of the two odd stone I lost was in the first 3 months ( I lost 18 lb in the first month alone) the I've bounced between two weights for ages. I think it's cos I can't do full days on it due to kidney and my body has got used to the 24 hours fast so it hold onto the fat. I'm veering towards Fast 5 now and only having one meal at day at tea time. I tried the Harcombe diet last week and lost nothing despite claims some people lost up to 19 lbs in the first week. Pah. Anyway I'm rambling. Glad you are back ( I missed you) and your weight is staying stable AND the crappy exams are over. xx

Have you got your sledge out? I see it's snowing in Cairo. xx

Jeez no sledging here just awful rain wind and cold, it was warmer in Glasgow than it was here and let me tell you this place has got little enough going for it without crappy weather to deal with and nothing to my name but flip flops and sandals!

Sorry I've not been around, I've not even been thinking about dieting this last while, but I do need to come up with a plan!

3 weeks on and I don't know if we are closer to getting out of here or not, opportunity knocked and then slammed the door in our faces, and then knocked again, I have actually cried over it all, so frustrating and really makes you wonder what goes on with the universe at times, still at least it has focused our thoughts to what we want to do and what the next destination must be able to offer as we're not about to jump from the frying pan into the fire as they say. It's been a crappy year but hopefully 2014 will be a bit brighter for us and I can get back to focusing on my health and diet, although I have to admit I have been far less stressed since I stopped fasting/dieting and it appears I actually eat less when I'm not thinking about what and when I can eat, my weight is stable and I can see I'd only have to make very minor adjustments to start losing, pretty much everything has been SW friendly to be honest except lunches which are usually small anyway and just soup or something easy. I don't think I realised just how deprived I have felt whilst fasting, but only since we moved here, right enough I had worked out some time ago that when you are already stressed out fasting sends me over the edge.

In the last couple of weeks it seems to have become mad living here, we've had friends: stopped by the police and had their wallet taken with all their money and credit cards, another one in a massive punch up in a mall car park, another friends mugged and badly injured when the taxi man trying to steal her handbag didn't realise it was cross body bag and dragged her along the pavement and fractured her skull, and I saw my first multiple roadside death incident with a few dead bodies just left out on the central reservation after a big accident on the road, not covered or anything and one minus a head. All in all you'd think I was making it up for unfortunately not, it's like living in a bad sci-fi movie where anarchy has set in on earth in the future.

Seriously hoping that 2014 begins on a more positive note for us and that changes are afoot.

Bloody hell ((((((((((((((((((((hugs and more hugs))))))))))))))))) I'm really sad and sorry you have got trapped in such a terrible place. I really hope you can get out of there asap. It sounds worse then ever. :( Well done on staying stable. I'd be eating everything in sight tho I do get to a stress level I can't eat at all and that is probably where you are at now. Are you getting home for Chrimbo ? Much love LW :hug99:xx

Back