JUDDD 2.0 The Return

I forgot to say I am going to Dubai on Saturday and back Monday, dad sis and step mum on a 1 day only stop over on way to little bros wedding in Tasmania, I doubt I will be able to stick with the low carb then though

25-Oct-13FriLC UD2.40
26-Oct-13SatLC DD-1.00
27-Oct-13SunLC UD-1.20
28-Oct-13MonLC DD0.40

Well as you can see only a bounce of .4lbs after my UD, means an overall gain since Thursday weigh in of .6lbs, so the bounces are still there but not quite as much as normal JUDDD.

DD today, I have packs and will stick with them, I will be glad when this experiment is over, even if it does work LC is just not for me, yesterdays UD felt a bit like torture

Well I really wish I could say the LC wasn't working but it is, after my DD I am down 1.6lbs, this is giving me a loss of 1lb so far this week and still 2 days to go, it seems that LC and JUDDD is actually a good combination, the number staring back at me on the scales today has not been seen since I lived in Dubai, and that was back in April!

25-Oct-13FriLC UD2.40
26-Oct-13SatLC DD-1.00
27-Oct-13SunLC UD-1.20
28-Oct-13MonLC DD0.40
29-Oct-13TueLC UD-1.60

Argh this is not what I want to hear LW lol

Well done keep up the good work . :)

Believe me I am as hacked off as anyone, just to put things into perspective as I can see some people would be like a 1lb so what but in real terms over the last 4 weeks including my holiday I have lost 8.6lbs most of that time I have been low or moderate carb, now I am not saying I hadn't bounced up a fair bit before that but overall this is the best run of progress I've had in several months, big losses followed by regain have been my story for this year and I'm now just 2lbs more than my JUDDD low from earlier this year, at least twice due to moving or holidays I have regained 1 stone or more and have been unable to shift it all again, this is the first time I have been this low since April when I had firmly settled into JUDDD.

1383206_626589034058265_612413579_n.jpg

Love that one!

I might try low carb as well as the juddd. I need to start seeing losses after a 2 week holiday mid November..

Well today is my final DD of the week and I have only one pack left which I am having for lunch, I woke up starving to as per previous low carb attempts, ketosis does not kill my appetite, it stops me eating so much because I don't enjoy LC foods right enough so maybe that's how it really works!

Made an almond milk shake thing this morning, pack for lunch and then a boiled egg salad for dinner, how bloody exciting is that, yes I know it isn't!

To sum it all up, LC and JUDDD is very restrictive, I have not enjoyed eating at all this week, eating fat basically makes me feel queezy and I had awful heartburn the first few days, I sts after my UD yesterday on the scales this morning which is obviously nice and if anything on reflection for the vast majority of the last 4 weeks I had been on a shake plan of some sort, so basically I feel the LC has perhaps help stabilise the situation and minimise the regain after coming off the shake plan.

We are away on Friday morning until Monday evening, I have no intention of staying LC whilst we are away I expect large bouncing scale numbers on my return and will have it all to do again when I get back, can't seem to get a run at things at all recently, but thats life!

For me at least LC eating is well...unpleasant at best, and of course the problem with these types of experiments is that I don't know what I would have lost/gained just doing normal carb JUDDD this week, so honestly I can't say if it's better or worse really, what I can conclude is that it's not the way forward for me.

On the up side I have had no sugar cravings of any kind, I have not been the least bit tempted by anything this week, I think thats a good thing for some who can identify having issues with that, personally I can't say that I did, I do like the odd biscuit like anyone else but other than that I'm not a monster for sugar.

Now turn to Mr Lanark's comments this week, who was LC for several years ( and was a total monster on it I can tell you, mood swings...don't talk to me about it!), he has gained about a stone or so since moving here and going back to carbs, I have told him repeatedly that this is most likely because he had been drinking copious amounts of beer rather than his usual vodkas and hence consuming 3x the calories of a weekend, we don't really have any fast food any more and prior to his restart on LC this week, pretty much all our meals were SW friendly. I thought his return to LC was pretty much permanent, but he informs me that since he finds that the weight loss is rather slow in the long term, he will stick to it for a month and then would like to get back to SW principals as he was really enjoying the meals, beer will not be going back on the menu. He also misses his porridge in the mornings and says 4 eggs don't fill him up any where near as much as his double porridge! I found this very interesting though, he said he can't stay low carb long term, he's sick of the tiredness and felt 10x more energy when not on a LC diet, and I concur, between the lack of energy, brain fog and sleepless nights despite being knackered at 6.30pm it's quite clar that LC does not suit everyones metabolism.

So for me, the experiment is over, I am glad I did it and and marked another thing off the list, but honestly, normal JUDDD for me from next week on!

I had potatoes for my dinner last night as I am doing the potato hack today before I go away, I figured, using some sort of logic that this was the best way to refeed carbs before going away and putting on a stone overnight!, since yesterday was a DD I thought this might offset some of the water/glycogen reload, but the result is I am actually only .4lbs down for this week, so the LC thing was pretty much a waste of time in one way, still I hope it's helped to consolidate my losses and maybe just maybe I won't see such a massive jump after my 4 UD's that are coming now, one can pray!

Are you back yet Missus? Just here rounding up the troops. ;) LC experience was very similar to yours and Mr L. Weirdly enough porridge with Tiana sugar keeps me going all day and most of the night. Cooked breakie last until lunch if I'm lucky.

Yep got back yesterday, wait for it, 9 lbs heavier, yes 9! I think its a lot of water retention mind as I am severely swollen after the flight, we were delayed 90 mins and I have cankles that made Mr L scream! Had a lovely holiday was hard coming back, we didn't speak a word in the car on the way home as the dread set in, but he thinks his interview went OK, he's also got a few more irons in the fire, so fingers crossed something comes up asap, he's finally said as soon as anything else comes up we're outta here , PROGRESS at last!

Trying to drink as much water as I can and see the real damage from the holiday, we skipped a lot of meals so I was surprised I had such a gain, still it should be off pretty quickly if past experience is anything to go by.................back to the harsh realities of studying for me, less than 2 weeks until the exams now aaaargh!

Back