Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Good morning my lovelies! :wavey:
The sun is shining and God's in his heaven, so all is right with my world ;)

Breakfast was scrummy as usual - love being able to have a sunday morning fry up- what a 'diet' :p

Now listen carefully as I shall say this only once :D
Today I am starting a running programme :eek: :whacky068:
Yes you heard correctly. If the news reports a minor earth tremor across the middle of the country then you'll know I was out :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'll report back later and tell you how it went - hopefully :rolleyes: :character00264:

Last edited:
oohhh Judy
I tell you what -let me know when you are planning to run -then I will do it at the same time ...that way me boinging about over here will counter balance you over there :rotflmao:-then again we may shift the world on its axis :p
So then -when you went out with your son and the pushchair -it seems mighty suspicious that it rained...were you doing a rain dance to avoid that hill:p
Hope you have a lovely day -and keep up teh great work :clap:

No but did sing to him all the way there :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Do you know the theory that if a butterfly flaps it's wings here, China has an earthquake? All I can say is watch out Beijing...:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Good luck with the running JJ! I need to get motivated and exercise more but think I'll start with walking first!
I think I've got a syn free lemon curd recipe somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you as you seem to like the lemon curd!!

Hey Judy :)
Just thought I'd check in and hope you're having a good day? I'm impressed with the running idea - can you send me some motivation please???? Had over 50 syns of alcohol yesterday and think I need to burn them off asap, lol x

I think I've got a syn free lemon curd recipe somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you as you seem to like the lemon curd!!

There is syn free lemon curd???? Where???? Let me at it...........:bolt:Have you tried it? Does it taste all sweet and lemony and gorgeous? :drool: Sorry need to dry the keyboard off.

Right I'm back. I find that a couple of teaspoons in fat free natural yoghurt really hits the sweet spot. I think I could have an addiction :rolleyes: It's a great way to stop my cravings for crisps and chocolate.

Thanks for offering to find out the recipe. I really appreciate it.

Just thought I'd check in and hope you're having a good day? I'm impressed with the running idea - can you send me some motivation please???? Had over 50 syns of alcohol yesterday and think I need to burn them off asap, lol x

Thanks Giblet I've had a very good day. Sounds like last night was good for you :p

The running is an app I downloaded called couch to 5k. The idea is to intersperse running and walking. Today was 1 minute of running, then 1.5 walking - repeated 8 times :eek:
I never actually left my garden, just ran round and round the patio :bliss: I could certainly feel the exercise for the rest of the afternoon but resisted falling into bed to recover :rotflmao:

Once I’ve progressed to running for 10 minutes I may head out on to the streets……… but then again probably not! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how strong my commitment is, but I'll try, which is all we can ask of ourselves.

Today's menu went down a treat. I have had:
Sunday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water
Breakfast – 2 Eat smart sausages (1), eggs and beans
Snack - Banana
Lunch –Baked potato, tuna, cottage cheese, fruit and yoghurt with lemon curd (4)
Dinner – Spaghetti Bolognese (1), Cheese (4)
Snack – Fibre plus bar (HEB)
1 A and 1 B plus 10 syns.

Not sure I've had enough superfrees today. The bolognese was stuffed with veg, but don't think it was 1/3.
Will have to up the amount tomorrow just to be safe.

Night night all :nightf:

Right syn free lemon curd -
3 tablespoons sweetner
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2oz very low fat fromage frais

Whisk lemon juice and eggs together
add lemon rind and sweetner and whisk
place bowl over a saucepan of hot water, stir until curd thickens
remove from heat, add fromage frais adn whisk until smooth
pour into a jar and keep chilled.

Must admit I've never made it myself. My C gave us the recipe in group. She brought some along to a taster session. She had put it on some mini-meringues and it was really yummy. But whether or no it'll be up to your standards!!!
If you try it let me know what you think! Least this way you won't have to limit yourself to a spoonful!! Y

oooohhh that lemon curd recipe looks interesting... I have told my mum (who can eat the stuff straight from the jar) and it seems Im going to make it and be guineapig and then let her know if she needs to make it too :p
JJ -hope you have had a good day and that things are going well;)
Well done on the running...If I ran around the patio Im sure I would end up with a "sunken garden" :rotflmao:I will have you know a landscape gardener would charge a fortune to do that -and take longer:giggle:

Have a lovely evening -and keep up the great work

Just had a read through your diary! Very interesting and motivational, keep up the good work! xxx

Must admit I've never made it myself. My C gave us the recipe in group. She brought some along to a taster session. She had put it on some mini-meringues and it was really yummy. But whether or no it'll be up to your standards!!!
If you try it let me know what you think! Least this way you won't have to limit yourself to a spoonful!! Y

Ooooo Smokes....you think I have standards.....I don't think anyone has ever accused me of that before :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Thank you for the recipe. I will have to go shopping tomorrow for the lemons and fromage frais and give this a try. Do you know how long it lasts? Now that was a stupid question, cos if it's nommy it may not make it to the jar :drool:

oooohhh that lemon curd recipe looks interesting... I have told my mum (who can eat the stuff straight from the jar) and it seems Im going to make it and be guineapig and then let her know if she needs to make it too :p
JJ -hope you have had a good day and that things are going well;)
Well done on the running...If I ran around the patio Im sure I would end up with a "sunken garden" :rotflmao:I will have you know a landscape gardener would charge a fortune to do that -and take longer:giggle:

Have a lovely evening -and keep up the great work

Evening Capricorn, hope you are well. Let me know what you think to the lemon curd. I'm with your Mum - straight from the jar used to be an "in front of the tv" treat.

You're right about the landscaping - I could save myself a fortune on flattening out the bank next to my house. Just run up and down it a lot :rotflmao: Wonder if it would work on the lawn :D

Tomorrow is day 2 of the plan and I have to repeat the runs from day 1. :whacky068: Never thought I'd ever want to run again :faint2: Memories of school cross country events in knee deep mud still make me shudder, but I did enjoy the actual running when we were out in open country (and it was dry :p)

I'll let you know how it goes, JJ

Just had a read through your diary! Very interesting and motivational, keep up the good work! xxx

Thanks RubyMoss. Please drop by again sometime.

Right todays menu was stuck to pretty well. I've had:
Monday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Apple Tea
Breakfast – Breakfast omelette (Bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms & eggs), lf salad cream (2)
Mid morning snack -Alpen light (1/2 HEB), banana
Lunch – Pasta Bolognese (1), Muller light yoghurt
Mid afternoon snack – Satsuma, Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner – Chicken supreme (4), rice and veggies, natural yoghurt with white choc options (2), strawberries
1 A and 1 B plus 9 syns

Must say I'm quite stuffed this evening. I'm going to take bolognese again to work tomorrow as it filled me up all afternoon. I had my snacks at 5 when I got home as dinner wasn't until 9. I wasn't sure if the options would work in yoghurt as I've only tried it with fromage frais before. Must say it was very nice :eating:

I have to go get ready for work tomorrow so I'll say goodnight. Sweet dreams my dears :nightf:

Mmm...must try the white choc options in yoghurt for a nice treat :) night night to you too, and have a good day tomorrow x

Afternoon JJ

Just thought I would do a quick pop in :D
Hope the running has gone well today ;)

Smokes -I have made a 1/2 batch of your lemon curd and its chilling as I type - so :cross: for later....will be back to let you know what I think of it ...
Nothing much happening here today so Im off to plan the rest of the weeks meals..
Have a good one :D

Smokes -I have made a 1/2 batch of your lemon curd and its chilling as I type - so :cross: for later....will be back to let you know what I think of it ...
Nothing much happening here today so Im off to plan the rest of the weeks meals..
Have a good one :D

Oooo I do hope it tastes ok!! Do let us know!!

Evening all :D

Today I have eaten:
Tuesday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Diet Coke, Water
Breakfast – Fruit (lots!)
Lunch –Pasta Bolognese (1), Lemon curd yoghurt (4)
Mid afternoon snack – Fibre Plus bar (HEB)
Dinner – Fish, veg and potatoes
1 A and 1 B plus 5 syns

That doesn't look as much as usual but I've not been as hungry between meals today. Don't no if I'm eating more filling foods or if I'm just getting used to the smaller portions. Let's hope it's the latter :eat:

Did the 2nd day of running programme. Didn't go that well as my knee is really sore so had to stop after 4 runs. I'm supposed to do 8. Hopefully I can do it again tomorrow but I'll see how the knee feels about it :rolleyes: Hopefully it will want to join in as hopping isn't quite as effective :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Right off for a cuppa and half an hour of tv. See you soon, JJ

Lol - bet hopping would help weight loss but feel bad for your poor knee :( x

Back