Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Congrats Judy :) that's great news! Hope all is going well. 2 weeks off sounds like heaven! x

3 tablespoons sweetner
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2oz very low fat fromage frais

Whisk lemon juice and eggs together
add lemon rind and sweetener and whisk
place bowl over a saucepan of hot water, stir until curd thickens. Remove from heat, add fromage frais and whisk until smooth.Pour into a jar and keep chilled.

I have finally managed to make this but using 0% total instead of fromage frais. All I can say is....OMG :drool:.... it is seriously good. Not like the bought stuff but really tasty. I've just added it to some more total and had with pineapple and passion fruit. I think my taste buds are in heaven:bliss:

I'm debating buying a sugar free lemon jelly and adding it to a batch to make a lemony mousse type dessert. I've done this with muller lights and jelly and it is lovely. Hope it will work, though I may end up looking like a lemon if it does. :lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon:

Evening JJ

:happy096: on the shrinking measurements -it shows that sometimes we shouldn't just be focused on what the scales say *mind if they don't say nice things there will be trouble* :p
I know what you mean about using what you have... I have 9 packs of Tesco finest sausages in the freezer -I got them "whoopsed" pre-SW and they are 9syns for 2 :sigh: -but I have figured that 2 of those will make a decent dinner with my free foods -so I am going to make a start on them....
The lemon curd is good isn't it :D -and you should be fine making up jelly with fromage frais, natural yog -I have done it before -I did the jelly with half boiling water -dissolved and left to cool and then walloped in natural yog to make it to just under 1pt...I throw mixed berries in too (frozen ones -defrosted first)..
oohhh and as a fellow lemony lover -have you tried the Danone Activia zesty lemon yog? OMG -it is gorgeous -really creamy in texture but really sharp with bits of zest in -2.5syns a pot :drool:
I used to do WW (many times :eek:)and I find SW sooo much easier... WW products are bad for having the fat removed and replaced with sweeteners :rolleyes:
right I will stop waffling -and get on and make dinner
Have a great evening and keep up the brilliant work :D

I have finally managed to make this but using 0% total instead of fromage frais. All I can say is....OMG :drool:.... it is seriously good. Not like the bought stuff but really tasty. I've just added it to some more total and had with pineapple and passion fruit. I think my taste buds are in heaven:bliss:

I'm debating buying a sugar free lemon jelly and adding it to a batch to make a lemony mousse type dessert. I've done this with muller lights and jelly and it is lovely. Hope it will work, though I may end up looking like a lemon if it does. :lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon:

Yey so glad you liked it!! ;)
Least its a syn free way of getting your lemon fix!
Well done on the inches lost!!

Good morning and what a sunny morning it is. I will get out for my run today, but heading for the nature trail not far from me. No one should see me then :giggle:

I stuck to yesterday's menu plan so fingers crossed for todays.

Sunday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Apple tea
Breakfast –Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch –Chilli & rice
Mid afternoon snack – Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner –Chicken, veg, potatoes, gravy (2), yoghurt with syn free lemon curd, pineapple
Snack – Fibre plus bar (5.5)
1 A and 1 B plus 7.5 syns

Hope everyone has a lovely day, JJ

Last edited:
Congrats on the inches JJ - your menus look lovely :)
Hope the run went well, and you've enjoyed your day x

Hope the run went well, and you've enjoyed your day x

Thanks Giblet. How delicate are we feeling today? :party0036:

The run didn't go so well. I ended up walking most of it as my knee is still giving me some grief. It's still some exercise, which is definitely needed :whacky068:

Dinner is on cooking and shouldn't be long. Just got to make the gravy and I can sit down to watch some tv. I've got the house to myself tonight and I am being sorely tempted by the bottle of Pinot Grigio sat in my fridge door. May have to find out the syns for a small glass and partake :party0016: I don't drink very often but just feel like one this evening.

Right I'm away to check on my veg. Don't want it to over cook :yuk: Speak to you tomorrow, JJ

oohhh and as a fellow lemony lover -have you tried the Danone Activia zesty lemon yog? OMG -it is gorgeous -really creamy in texture but really sharp with bits of zest in -2.5syns a pot :drool:

Thanks Capricorn. I haven't tried this but will look out for it in the shops.

Good morning all. This is the 1st day of my 2 weeks off work and I've really looked forward to it. Have plans to do lots of stuff while I'm away from work, but probably will go back thinking "where did 2 weeks go?" :confused: Chances are I'll have spent it hanging round here ;)

Right today's menu.

Monday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Apple Tea, Diet Coke
Breakfast – Banana, satsuma, pineapple, strawberries, passion fruit and Muller light yoghurt
Mid morning snack - Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch – Pasta Bolognese, lemon curd yoghurt, passion fruit
Mid afternoon snack – Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner – Chicken Supreme (4), rice and veggies, vff fromage frais, strawberries
Supper – Fibre Plus bar (5.5)
1 A and 1 B plus 9.5 syns

I find writing this out is keeping me more accountable, so even if no one ever reads this tripe, at least I feel better for it :p

Off to do some washing. My Mum will be here later to iron it all for me. Don't you just love Mums? :D

Hey JJ, I read your diaries so you're not typing out old tripe! Hope you enjoy your two weeks off. Am extremely jealous of your ironing fairy - does she do long distance ironing? ;) How do you do your chicken supreme? xx

Thanks Nikki. Glad someone else is getting something out of my waffle :blahblah:

My ironing fairy stands less than 5 feet in her bare feet and has quite short arms – don’t think she could reach Devon – in fact she has trouble reaching the ironing board :wee::rolleyes:
My Mum comes round every week to do my ironing and some washing. She also cleans up for me; changes my son’s bed; feeds the cats, fish and rabbit; fetches bits of shopping if I need them; meets Joe off the school bus occasionally and sits with him one day each week during the school holidays. I couldn’t manage with out her (and she’s cheaper than a housekeeper) :Na_Na_Na_Na:
Now before you all get jealous and try to steal her, there is a cost attached, and that is my daft Dad and his even dafter dog :chores016: My Dad has never really got past the 6 year old stage. If a sign says wet paint…… then he has to find out…….:silly: They have a thumb print in the putty of one of the windows that were fitted 12 years ago, because he couldn’t wait to see if it had dried yet…… and the dog?:doggy: Well he is another child as far as Dad is concerned. He calls him Pud (though his name is Jackson) and treats him like a spoiled child. The fact that Jackson is an 8 stone, fully grown, 2 year old, male German Shepherd matters not one bit. Dad won’t go out if the dog can’t go; consequently he hasn’t taken Mum on a proper holiday for a couple of years. I think coming to my house, my sister’s and my niece’s, is what keeps her sane (and her line dancing….. yeeeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaaa)
Now......Anyone still interested in my ironing fairy…….? Anyone……?? I’ll pay transport costs……! :sign0163:

The Chicken Supreme recipe started off as one I picked up from another site. Now that was really nice but used full fat condensed soup and Philadelphia cheese. So this is my variation. The amounts vary depending on how I feel and I have been known to add broccoli, green beans or peppers.

Chicken Supreme (12 syns on Extra Easy)
2 large chicken breasts (diced) or leftovers from roast
Can of Batchelors low fat condensed chicken and mushroom soup (7.5 syns)
Chicken Bovril
Quark
Mushrooms
Peas
Sweet corn
Carrots
Onion
Can full of milk (4 syns) less if using skimmed – approx 200mls
Salt, pepper and mixed herbs

1. Cook chicken in a pan sprayed with fry light. Keep to one side
2. Chop onion and carrot and soften in small amount of water (50mls?) and ½ tsp Chicken Bovril. Discard any liquid once soft.
3. Add mushrooms, sweet corn and peas, stir in can of soup
4. Fill can with milk and add to soupy vegetables
5. Add 1 tsp dried herbs, season and heat through
6. Remove from heat. Stir in half a tub of Quark
7. Add chicken and return to heat
8. Allow to simmer slowly for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and chicken is heated
9. Taste and add more seasoning if needed
10. Serve with rice or noodles and extra veg

This is supposed to serve 4 which would be 3 syns per portion, but as I’m greedy I usually split into 3. It will freeze but be careful when defrosting and reheating because sauce can split. Allow to defrost over night then reheat over a very gentle heat. Easier to control if done on hob not in microwave.

Hope you like it :D

Mmm...that recipe looks nice JJ (although I'd have to leave out the mushrooms, lol and the mushroom soup). I guess that'd turn it into something else really, but i can't STAND mushrooms (bleurgh).
I too read your diaries whenever I'm on, so thank you for continuing to post!
My head wasn't too bad at all on Sat, but I've been BAD ever since, and my stomach hasn't liked it one bit. I also had a bit of a down turn in my health, with a few new complaints (just to note, I've had poor health for about a year and a half with severe fatigue, sickness and pain). I think eating healthy and SW (and avoiding the booze) suits me much better!
Hope everyone has had a good day xxx

Hi Giblet :wavey:
Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling so well honey. It must be hard with the wedding coming up as well. I expect you’re trying to do far more than you’re capable of at the moment and that’s affecting your health. Try to delegate and look after yourself a bit more. No point being a gorgeous bride if you are too tired to enjoy your day.
Hope your health picks up soon. Hugs are great medicine - get as many as you can :gen126::gen126::gen126::gen126:

That recipe does look nice but like Giblet I am another mushroom hater!!
And I am another reader of your posts JJ so keep on posting!!
My mum and dad have 3 dogs and sometimes my dad won't go to places if they can't take the dogs!! They do occasionally go out without them but if its a day out they have to go too!!! They do have holidays though as they have a holiday home in Wales! never go abraod though due to the dogs and haven't for at least 29years!!!

The recipe can be done without mushrooms and using chicken soup. It is quite adaptable. I've also done it with one of the chicken and white wine soups but can't remember the syns on that one :eek: It's also nice as a creamy sauce over pasta, with or without the chicken.

Well today's menu has changed from that previously advertised. I'm not hungry at lunch so I've swapped my stir fry to tea time and tonight's dinner was still in the freezer so I can have that another day.
Therefore today now looks like this:

Tuesday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Diet Coke, Water
Breakfast – Banana, pineapple, strawberries and yoghurt with lemon curd (4)
Mid morning snack -Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch –Mugshot
Mid afternoon snack – Raspberries, Activia Zesty Lemon (2.5)
Dinner – Chicken stir fry, melon
Snack – Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
1 A and 1 B plus 6.5 syns

Hope you're all having a fabby day, JJ

Last edited:
Hey JJ - thanks for the kind words :) I'll get there. Wedding is all very exciting, and I'm looking forward to a nice rest on the honeymoon!
You look like you're going so well with the food! I'll def have to try your recipe with just chicken soup - think OH will love it, and I might even get to make it at my mums for my brother and dad too (although I know my mum still won't have it, lol)
Hope you're having a great day x

Good Morning. It's cold and wet here today so a perfect day to finish sorting my bedroom. I have bags and shoes stuffed under the bed, along with gift bags, wrapping paper, Christmas decorations (?) and every receipt for the past year :eek: Definitely time for a clear out :rolleyes:

Today is weigh in day, the time.....7pm...the place.....Rosegarth Parish Hall..the result.......at least 2lbs to me. I'm feeling virtuous this week and anything less than 2 would be a disappointment :sad0071:

Food for today:
Wednesday – Extra Easy
Breakfast - Fruit
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Diet Coke, Water
Lunch –Fish in garlic (3), new potatoes, carrots, yoghurt and fruit (2.5)
Mid afternoon snack – Fibre Plus bar (HEB)
Dinner – Baked potato and chilli with salad, yoghurt and fruit
1 A and 1 B plus 5.5 syns

That makes my weekly syn total to 65.5, with which I am pleased. I could have had less but I figured my syns will be the thing to drop when I get closer to target, so use them now. It also gives me some leeway if I feel the need to indulge, as I know I can have upto 105. However I haven't felt like indulging at all for the last couple of weeks. We'll see if that holds out during * week, but as I'm never sure when that may be, I'll just have to look out for the usual signs - craving sweet things, short temper, you know the drill ;)

I'll pop back later as that bedroom isn't cleaning itself :p

Last edited:
Good luck love!! I'm sure you will be rewarded in class tonight, now get to that cleaning!! x

:cross: Fingers crossed you get your 2lbs tonight JJ! I think you deserve it too, but try not to get too disheartened if it doesn't happen! I always think this loosing weight malarky is a funny business as when I'm expecting (wanting!) a good result it doesn't happen then after a so so week you get a good loss!
Fancy coming and helping me to sort out my bedroom?! I keep thinking about going through my wardrobe and have a good sort out as I don't wear half the stuff in there!! ;)

Back