Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

JJ how was the lemon curd?? xx

Hi Nikki - I haven't tried to make it yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Could save myself a lot of syns each week :)

Today I have stuck to plan again. Had a nice bacon, egg and tomato breakfast, chicken salad at lunch, loads of strawberries and pineapple, a Muller light and 1 Alpen bar. I'm not eating anything else now until after weigh in at 7 :cross: I intend to get my 1 stone shiny tonight, even if I have to hover over the scales :0icanfly:Though I may end up eating them as I am very hungry this afternoon :rolleyes: I think Marvin must be in my area....lol

I'm going to get a drink and put my feet up for an hour. I'll report in with my loss later :cool:

JJ

Last edited:
Lol - bet hopping would help weight loss but feel bad for your poor knee :( x

If I hop on one leg on the scales do you think I'll weigh less? :D

The knee's not so bad today but haven't tried running yet. Climbing the stairs at work is all I've managed so far. It's only 2 floors and that made my knee ache so may have to get a support for it before I continue the running programme.

Hope you're having a lovely day, JJ

:cross: for later JJ

The "lemon curd" is nice now it has chilled over night -still need to make it thicker next time. Very like lemon mousse -Im going to whallop some into some quark later...

hope to hear good news from you later..

How did you get on at weigh in JJ?
Well done for staying on plan, hopefully you had a good loss.
Capricorn - glad the lemon curd tasted ok!!

Yes JJ - I'm hanging around too to see how you've got on :) hope everyone has had a good day x

Good evening my lovelies :)

I have had a really good day stuck to plan and polished my halo 'til it gleamed :angel09:
I am sitting here, suitably stuffed from my scrummy tea and trying to think of any old rubbish to say so as to heighten the suspense :p

Ok can't do it I have to tell you. I LOST 3.5 LBS :woohoo::party0019:

The only time I've lost more was on the first week so I am dead proud of myself :bliss: Tomorrow is the start of a new week and I hope to lose about the same again. I know that's probably being greedy but if I aim high I'll not want to spoil it by eating rubbish :character00254:

Where was this motivation previously? Only time I've been so keen on something was giving up smoking, and that was 7 years ago :smoke:

Sorry to post and run but I've got loads to do for work tomorrow and it's an early start so need some sleep. Catch you tomorrow, JJ

Woo Hoo! Well done JJ - that is a fantastic loss!!! Very proud of you. May the losses long continue :) x

Aaaahhhh shucks ladies, you're making me blush.:thankyouthankyou::thankyou: Hope your week is going well?

I'm proud of my loss and I intend to continue as I have done this week ;)

Right, I'm definitely off to bed now. Night, night and sweet dreams :4635:

:happy036::happy036: well done on the loss JJ-
here's to another good week for you :cross:

Afternoon peeps. Not been able to post since Wednesday, but all going well.

Todays menu is:
Friday – Red
Drinks - Milk (HEA), Coffee, Diet Coke, Water
Breakfast – Bacon, Egg and beans (HEB)
Mid morning snack - Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch – Chicken stir fry, Muller light and strawberries
Mid afternoon snack – Green & Blacks white choc (5)
Dinner –Fish, cheese sauce (HEA), cauliflower and broccoli, Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
1 A and 1 B plus 5 syns.

Looking forward to the fish. Just need to copy out Capricorn's cheese sauce recipe and add on however many syns that is.

I'll check in again later. Take care, JJ

Well the fish and cheese sauce was scrummy yummy :drool:

The sauce came in at 2 syns and 1 HEA for the cheese. I took the milk from my other HEA so not too bad. I've now got my favourite - yoghurt and lemon curd (4 syns) - so that means today will come in at 11. Not bad going at all ;)

Day 3 of the running tomorrow. The knee is still uncomfortable from the other day, so may need to take it easy. I can repeat a week if I want to, so may just carry on at these intervals for another week and give my knee time to adjust.

I'm in a good mood tonight as I have now finished work for 2 weeks :woohoo: Need to plan better when I'm at home as it is too easy to nip to the kitchen at regular intervals. I then end up eating just for the sake of it :whistle:Perhaps I need a padlock for the fridge :rolleyes: [or my mouth :ignore: :rotflmao:]

Right off to watch some tv. My sky+ has less than 10% left so need to start watching not just recording, and spend less time on here :blahblah: :D

See you tomorrow folks

Good morning my fellow losers :p

Today is overcast so looks like I won't get the grass cut after all. Oh well just have to stay in and do something in the house...... or not :rolleyes:.....

Just had breakfast, the washing is in, dishwasher on, DD and her BF gone to work - so it is just Joe, me and you lovely lot :D so please make sure you wipe your feet and don't hog the sofa. Oh, and the locks dodgy so whistle if you use the loo :whistle:

Right today's menu looks like this:
Saturday – Green
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Apple tea
Breakfast – Porridge (6.5) banana and strawberries
Mid morning snack -Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch –Baked potato, baked beans, cheese (HEA), pineapple, passion fruit and Muller light
Mid afternoon snack – Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner – Chicken (HEB), savoury rice and vegetables, yoghurt with syn free lemon curd
1 A and 1 B plus 6.5 syns

Now I know you're all screaming at the screen that I could have porridge which is free. Unfortunately I have enough flavoured porridge for an Everest expedition and it needs eating. My son had a gastrostomy a few years ago and now only eats soft foods. We have phases of what he can eat and the porridge was good for a while but now he won't touch it. As I am also trying to be frugal whilst losing weight, I can't afford just to throw it out; so I'm going to have one every now and then to get rid of it.

Right enough gabbing I'm off to skulk round other people's diaries. Catch you later, JJ

Hey JJ,
I no what you mean about throwing things out, when i did ww i bought 10 boxes of breakfast biscuits but they are 7 syns. So i'm working through them slowly. Your menu looks yummy! Have a fab weekend

Thank choccy. I'm looking forward to today's meals. Hope your weekend is going well?

Now I've never done WW, but if their breakfast bars are 7 syns, how do people lose weight following it? I've seen comments folks have made about points allocations and having to use these for everything..even fruit :eek: I'm glad I don't have to contend with all that. I love being able to eat loads of free stuff and not worry that I can't eat later in the day because I've no points left :(

Nearly forgot to mention my good news.

I got measured yesterday and my 1st stone has seen a drop of 21.5 cms in my measurements :happy036:

I'm quite pleased with that :bliss:

On ww they were only 4, which isn't so bad as i was on 30 a day, but i was basically eating rubbish all day everyday. Much healthier on sw. Well done on your measurements thats amazing,

Back