Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Im back

Morning all - long time no speak:D

I've had a bad couple of weeks which has included a holiday with lots of good food, a considerable number of desserts and a fair bit of alcohol! I went back to class last night to find the damage - 8 lbs :eek:

It's all my own fault as I could have made better choices but I didn't :eek: So this week I'm back on the wagon and hoping to lose at least 2 of my gain.

If I can be back to my pre break weight by Christmas then I'll be happy.

Off to theatre with my son shortly. He's having an op on his wrist so hospital food today. I'll make reasonable choices but won't worry too much. Tomorrows another day.

Take care all JJ x

Good morning from a cold and snowy Sheffield :winter_brr: It is freezing out and not good for wheelchairs so we are staying indoors as long as possible :bundledup:

Our hospital visit became a 2 day event so Fridays plan didn't hold up too well. I didn't go mad but the choices in the hospital canteen are limited. Had a chicken sandwich then came home to chorizo and noodles. The day was supposed to be extra easy so I compensated as much as possible.

Today is red and I'm about to have brunch :) I wasn't too hungry earlier so just had a coffee with the intention of having bacon egg and tomatoes later on. It is on cooking as I type :drool: Dinner is at my sisters as it is her grandson's 2nd birthday this week and he is over with his mum and big brother for the weekend. It is a family favourite of a chicken roast dinner. My sis is making it as sw friendly as possible so should be ok there.

I got an early Christmas present last night :p My dd and her bf have bought me a vibrating plate machine - it is huge!! I did 10 minutes last night to try it out and another 10 this morning. It is quite fun and I can read a book while doing it - now that's my kind of exercise :rotflmao:

My niece has been using one for the past month and you can see a definite improvement so I'm hoping it works for me too. I'll keep you informed.

Best get off before my bacon frazzles, JJ x

Happy Sunday - 'tis bright and sunny but freezing cold here. My thermometer says -5 :gen125:

A day at home is planned as I need to arrange my online shop for the week. I'm trying to organise myself to plan properly this week and use up some of the meals in the freezer.

Today is a red day and looks like this so far:
Milk (HEA)
Cheese, bacon and chorizo omelette (4 + HEA)
Light salad cream (1.5)
Pork steak, potato, veg and gravy (2 + HEB)
Yoghurt and jelly (0.5)
2 Alpen lights (HEB)

Not sure what dinner will be yet probably soup or stew, but both are free so no worries about the syns. I have only accounted for 8 so far so have some leeway for whatever sweet item takes my fancy this evening. Probably will be fromage frais with white chocolate options :drool:

I've done 10 minutes on the vibro plate this morning and another 10 is planned for later. I can actually feel the ache in some of my muscles so it must be doing something :character00115:

Right best get back to the housework and planning. Catch you later :D

Happy January!

Good morning one and all. Yep I'm back and slinking in with tail between my legs. I have not been a good girl lately and I desperately need to get my bum back into gear :ashamed0005::ashamed0005:
I have gained a bit more back over the holiday time which isn't good. The thing is I know I need to get reorganised but just can't get any enthusiasm going - so that's why I'm here ;)
I know if I can rely on anyone for a kick and some encouragement then it is you lovely lot. So please administer :copon::whip::whoopass::asskick: as needed and help me get back on track :sign0009:

So this weekend will be planning and plotting and trying to turn myself round before I return to group next Wednesday. Now where did I leave my willpower???? :giggle:

:happy036::happy036:you're back :D

Come on -get looking for that will power -you had plenty before so there must be some lurking somewhere in the house!!!!

as requested - have some of this:-:whip::whoopass::asskick::pillowfight::slap: :gen144: - :D
and then LOTS of :vibes::flowers::hug99: -because you CAN and WILL do it!!!! now don't make me stalk you -because I will if I have to, you know that I know where else to track you down ;):giggle:
Hope things slot back into place for you soon and have a lovely weekend *and I will be checking to see if you are about* :sign0151:

Oooooo now you've got me quaking in my boots :D (well slippers actually :rotflmao:)

I have planned my meals out up to Wednesday just not sure what order to have them in yet. Mr T will be popping by with the necessary supplies tomorrow and I managed not to spend a fortune as well :happy036:

Today is a green day and so far has gone like this:
HEA - 250mls milk for coffee
Breakfast - porridge with milk (HEB + 6 for extra milk)
500 mls water (Trying to up my intake)
Jacket potato with chick pea dahl and cheese (HEA)

This afternoon I have strawberries (frozen and defrosted) in jelly to make and then the chicken to marinade for tea. I am having chicken stir fry with plum sauce (HEB + 3 syns) followed by the fruit and jelly, which I think is 2 syns but need to check.

So that little lot uses 2 A and B choices and 11(ish) syns. I probably won't eat the whole jelly so may save 1 there but not too concerned if I don't - it's better than crisps or chocolate :p

Right I need to hunt out a cheque I received from the Tax man before Christmas and now can't find :grumble:

Catch you soon, JJ x

Hey JJ - just to say hey, and I'm back too (much heavier and also needing some willpower!)
Hope you're well and I'll be catching up on what everyone has got up to x

:happy036: Great to see you back giblet. I look forward to catching up with you ;)

Well today has been really busy, hence my late posting. Food has gone well though.

Red day plan was:
Breakfast - Porridge with extra milk (6 syns)
Lunch - Chicken in Red Wine sauce (3 syns) with baked potato (HEB), carrots and green beans
Dinner - Bacon quiche with cheese (HEA and 3 syns)
Other HEA was milk for drinks.
Snacks have been banana, tangerine and strawberry jelly (1)
So that little lot totals 13 syns :D Tomorrow is another red day but I'll post that in the morning.

Have a good week all.

Today's red meal plan is:
HEA milk
Porridge (6 for milk)
Banana
Jacket potato (HEB) with bolognese
Fruit salad
2 tangerines
Pork steak with vegetables and gravy (2)
Jelly (1) and yoghurt

So 9 syns used and an HEA and HEB left. May have cheese on toast for supper or a hifi and use HEA for extra milk from breakfast - will decide later.

Todays menu went like this:
Porridge
Banana on toast (HEB)
Jacket potato with cottage cheese
Fruit salad and yoghurt
Mug shot
Tangerine
Vegetable Rice and chorizo (5)
Milk (2 HEAs)
Hifi (HEB)

I think that is more than enough for today. Catch you soon.

Late back again. It's been a really good week although a little stressful.

I had an interview for a promotion at work on Tuesday - today I was offered the job :D I was totally gobsmacked as I didn't think I'd done too well, but obviously it was enough. I have been so focused on this that I haven't been posting, but I have stuck to plan.
Today was green:
Milk (HEA)
Fruit and yoghurt
Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Jacket potato with cottage cheese
Crisps (6)
Vegetable rice and chicken curry (4 and HEB)
Alpen light (1/2 HEB)

So that's all A and B's and 10 syns.

Got a bit of time to jump on the forum and post today's plan.

Have gone red today and so far have had:
Milk (HEA)
Bacon and tomato on brown roll (HEB)
Crisps (6)
Lettuce, cucumber, red onion, beetroot, chilli chicken and feta (HEA) with balsamic

Dinner is chilli with jacket potato (HEB); snacks are fruit, yoghurt and an alpen light (3). So that should finish the day on 9 syns and all healthy extras eaten :D

I've calmed down on the promotion news today, so need to concentrate on wrapping up the work I'm doing now. Don't want to leave a mess for the next [STRIKE]mug[/STRIKE] person to sort out ;)

Be back later :cross:

Last edited:
A busy day yesterday helping my nephew and niece move house - should have helped with my exercise quota ;)
Had a green day of:
Porridge (heb)
Tuna and pasta salad (heb)
Noodles and chickpea dahl
Fruit
Yoghurt
Crisps (6)
Milk (hea)

Last edited:
Sunday is a red day:
Porridge (heb)
Bacon egg and tomatoes
Diet coke chicken and potato(heb) with salad
Fruit
Yoghurt
Milk (hea)

May have some syns in there but not sure what yet.

I've come to the realisation today that I am trying to force myself to eat different foods just for variety. I just want to stick to foods I like not keep trying things I'm not sure of - so for a while my diet may look boring but at least I know it will be food I want to eat. Once I'm more confident in my ability not to fall back on the junky stuff then I'll start getting a little more adventurous ;)

Last edited:
Well done on your promotion JJ!

I too tend to stick to foods I like and which fit into my daily routine. I think you have to accept that this might mean slower losses, but for me, it does mean SW is easier to stick to.

Have a good week! x

Monday is a green day:
Porridge (heb + 6 for milk)
Potato beans and cheese (hea)
Fromage frais and toffee options (2.5)
Chicken in plum sauce (heb & 3) with noodles veg and salad
Fruit
Yoghurt
Milk (hea)

That should be all healthy extras and 11.5 syns ;)

Last edited:
Well done on your promotion JJ!

Thanks my lovely. I was very surprised at first but I've seen the interview score sheet and I did far better than I thought. Why are we women never good at saying "I did well"?

Hope you have a good week, JJ x

Morning all. An early post before work as I actually have 10 minutes quiet time :D

Today is green again as I'm finding these easier at the moment.
Milk (HEA)
Porridge (HEB & 6 for extra milk) & banana
Alpen light (3)
Tuna (HEB) & sweetcorn, cheese (HEA), pickled cabbage, salad and salad cream (2)
Yoghurt
Chick pea dahl and rice
Kiwi and tangerines

That accounts for all healthy extras and 11 syns which should be plenty. I'll be back later with any changes.

Have a lovely day, JJ x

Today is a red day for a change and syns will total 11.
Milk (HEA)
Bacon and egg on bread (HEB)
Banana
Tuna & sweetcorn, cheese (HEA), salad and salad cream (2)
Yoghurt
Gammon with cheese sauce (3), salad, vegetables and potato (HEB)
Kiwi and tangerines
Crisps (6)

It is weigh in tonight and I hope to have done reasonably well. As I am not varying my diet too much and having mainly green days, I expect the losses to be smaller. This way I hope to be able to stick to my plan better.

Wish me luck ;)

Last edited:
Afternoon my luverlies.

The scales weren't very generous last night but 1.5 lbs lost is better than none ;)
This week will be much the same as last with lots of the same stuff but at least I can stick with this for a while.

So today is red and uses all 15 syns :eek:
Milk (HEA)
Porridge (HEB & 6 for milk)

Jacket potato (HEB) with cottage cheese
Yoghurt
Gammon with cheese sauce (3 & HEA), salad and vegetables
Kiwi and tangerines
Hifi bar (6)

Back