Jules LL Diary

let us know how it goes xxx

Oh I had one of those assesment days when I applied for my promotion. Long ass day....
I'm dying to find out how it went.
And how great you are not looking for comfort in food. That's what the old me would have done for sure..

Hope you're well darling xxx

Thanku for your posts you lovely ladies ...your all so supportive.

I'm shattered, what an intense day. I got through it but so glad its over. I'll know in the next couple of days, but I know i've not got it...not just saying it for sympathy or anything. You always get a gut feeling. It was a good experience though and glad i did it.

Lost 3lbs tonight....accordin to my scales it was 5lb so not sure what happened there. But its better than last week :D. Had a great class tonight, great way to unwind after today.

Cant thank you enough for all your posts ...means a lot.

Tomorrow i'll be catching up on all your diaries and any newbies.

your all awesome xxxxxxxxx

3lbs is a fab loss - well done you!! xx

Dont write off the job - wait and see hun. :):)

woooo well done on ur loss this week julz!!!! and dont be too hard on urself about interview.... theres still a chance u could bag it!!!! glad u had a good group session tonight.... always helps set us on the straight and narrow again ( well with my crooked thoughts and all) xxx

Well done on your fab 3lbs loss Hun brill,don't give up quite yet on the interview you never now you might be lucky"fingers crossed" hay!
Sexy xx

woooo well done on ur loss this week julz!!!! and dont be too hard on urself about interview.... theres still a chance u could bag it!!!! glad u had a good group session tonight.... always helps set us on the straight and narrow again ( well with my crooked thoughts and all) xxx

Thanks huni, yeah great to have a good class ..only 4 of us tonight so we managed to have a bit of a chat with our LLC about her birthday antics on the weekend ...it was her 60th and sounds like she had a blast to be fair.

Hope your ok chick ...will catch up and post on everyones diary tomorrow.

Big hugs xxxxx

Glad you got through the assessment interview in one piece. They are so draining. In the hands of the gods now, as to the outcome. If you dont get it, it was not meant to be and something better will be more suitable round the corner.

Keep trucking with the weight. It all mounts up, even when it can seem a little low. xx

Excellent news with the 3 lb loss, I have never weighed myself at hime I think that's because I would be disappointed if the scales didn't show the same amount lol

If nothing else it would have been a great experience to go through the assessment day. Fingers crossed though that your efforts didn't go un noticed xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

FAB weight loss!
I too think those scales at WI are fixed ;) I know in MY head it should say more lost but HEY HO... Must be part of keeping us grounded?

When you suppose to hear back about the job? Got so caught up in your WI, I forgot if you posted a deadline or not?

xx

Dear diary,

Not been on here for a while, been really grumpy, don’t know why. :cry:

Weigh in last night ….so end of week 8 and I’ve lost a total of 2 Stone. I was hoping I would have lost half a stone more than that, but I guess 2 stone is 2 stone.

I didn’t get the job, but it’s not because of that as I had excellent feedback and someone just pipped me to the post. I just don’t know what it is. I’ve had real crooked thoughts towards food …I even put a handful of popcorn in my mouth when we went to the cinema on the weekend!!! I think I’m in child like state. I wish I could snap out of it. I’m getting on my own nerves.;)

I think that’s why I’ve not been on here …everyone so upbeat...didn’t want to bring anyone down. I need a good kick up the tusshy! :asskick:

I found our last module in class quite hard and thought provoking. Had to write a letter / list of instructions to someone who was going to look after my body for the week. I realised after writing it I have no real life as such. Don’t get me wrong my daughter and hubs are my world, but I have nothing as in hobbies, no interests …I’m boring…is that why I turn to food??!

One of the ladies in my class has started swimming, up every morning at 7am and in the pool by 7:15. I realised while she was talking the other week, how envious I felt. See the thing is I can’t swim, I love the water, even wish I could live by the sea, honeymooned on a cruise ship and love the beach …weird I know. But I have a real fear of depth and going under the water, all down to that wonderful father of mine (not!) throwing me in a pool when I was 5 or 6. While at class last night my LLC asked me about my instructions/letter and was there anything there that bothered me or wanted to discuss furtehr….well I had verbal diarrhoea and started talking about what I have written above and this nightmare of a phobia, I don’t know where it all came from, felt very emotional too…..she’s now challenged me to take up 1 to 1 swimming lessons to get over this fear. OMG, can I do it with such a strong fear?? I’ve been on the internet and found a place that does it, can’t quite bring myself to ring them yet, but I will, I have too, she's challenged me!

There are 2 motivating factors in this 1. Exercise and 2. It would be nice (for a change) when on holiday to swim with my daughter. She’s an amazing swimmer, I made sure my hubs taught her from an early age in the right way….didn’t want her ending up like me. I’m so scared though, its such a big thing for me …I’m 41 and have had this fear all my life.

I’m not sure if this is why I’ve been grumpy….I thought some of this CBT might be poppycock but there are some elements to this journey which is like peeling away layers I don’t wont to peel away….without even knowing it.

Oh dear ….verbal diarrhoea again.

xx

Hello Lovely!

Was wondering where you been hiding. Brave of you to put it all down here. Never EVER feel that you will bring any of us down by posting - jeesh :) This IS the place to let it all out hun and you would probably be helping someone else out in the process who is feeling the same way.
One thing popped into my mind when you mentioned 'food thoughts'.
Better the devil you know - I believe is the saying for this. I think this is why we tend to turn to our comfort foods(the devil) and wanna cheat when feeling low...worthless, depressed...yadda yadda yadda. The outcome is always predictable with that devil.

Shame about the job but...you are meant for better things?. Try to look at it that way rather than the negative. It can be so hard to see the forrest for the trees some days and I know you worked so hard and had high hopes to get this job but sometimes what we want and what we get are 2 different things. Something will come along that will be mucho better and rewarding for you ;)

Verbal diarrhea is GOOD!! Great way to get all those emotions out that have built up over the years. Really makes you wonder where all these feelings have been hiding. Once out, you can now start dealing with them rather than bottling them up for a more...ahem...convenient time (btw, we never allow a convenient time to happen)
Guess as we change on this plan, the more we must face up to ill patterns/habbits. So no worries hun, we all must/will/have/about to/currently deal with this....and it isn't pleasant :(
I get moody after meetings and then in deep thought and ...ugh...REFLECT.

Swimming lessons sound interesting! Great way to conquer a fear in a controlled environment AND prove to yourself that you can do things and are not limited at all. This will OPEN a window up that you never thought existed before. How exciting is that? To find out that you are capable of things you never thought possible.

Peel that onion my dear and reveal then shed those layers - scary yes...vulnerable- you betchya...but you will discover the real you, and will love yourself for this.

Oh..and 2stone in 8 weeks? WELL DONE!!! That is a huge loss - do yourself a favour and carry 6 x 5kg bags around with you for an hour and see if you can do it. Betchya cant ;)

xx

Last edited:
Ah sweet girl dont hide away from us!!!

And dont rush into the swimming - no pressure - do it when you are ready.

Please feel free to use this space to express yourself - the rest of us do. :):)

Kisses xx

Firstly congrats on ur 2 stone loss, secondly well done u on thking on the swimming challenge and thirdly... 41?!!! NOWAY i thought u were 20 something xxxx

Morning lovely girl. Good post from yourself and also Weebs. Dont hide away, come on here post, rant , bring your little black cloud with you and we can all huddle with you under your cape of sorrow till it passes. As pass it does, both the good and the bad.

Ah pooo just deleted half my post ! The gist of it was choose the life that you fancy leading. If you want to prioritise the important thinks in your life such as hubby and daughter good for you. If you want to add something else for you in terms of a hobby or sommat go for it. Some of us are life's busy people with hobbies and stuff some like myself choose to life more simple lives. As long as you feel fulfilled you go for it.

Fear of water. Eek can relate to that, as I had a fear of depths. Managed to get over it but still not great, and still a poor swimmer.

Keep on trucking xx

Hey gorgeous, what a very honest post! You are so brave to share it, you have taken step one in admitting you have a fear, that's a really difficult thing to do! I am a boredom eater, I also resonate with your comment about having no hobbies which is why the cheeky Chester came into my life. I used to sit at home every night on my own. Omg i sound like a sad loser! Now if something is going on with friends I make the effort to get involved. I think the confidence this plan has given me is amazing, I always believed that I was a very outgoing bubbly person. The reality was when I did go out I would use my friends as a shield and would enjoy myself through them and not on my own merrits!

Sorry kinda went into a 'me' moment and ranted!

Basically I think you are amazing, your weight loss has and will continue to be brilliant and your confidence grow beyond recognition. There is nothing you cannot achieve in life. Ask, believe & receive it's yours for the taking. I would give longer term goals some thought to in the form of hobbies, just because you have a family it doesn't mean you can't have outside interests these are the things that will keep you sane and enjoy the family all the more.

I hope some of what I say helps. Don't be a stranger here, what you are going through and feeling will be either what someone else has or will be in the future, we are all here to make this journey just that little bur easier by supporting each other hun. 41 same as me chick, wish I looked like as good as you gorgeous xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jules honey. I will write a longer reply later as I need to start getting ready for work now...
First of all though let me tell you that you are AMAZING and don't you dare thinking you can't share your thoughts with us! Erm... Have you read my diary?! I had some seriously dark moments lately and you lot have stuck by me no matter what!
What makes you think we won't be here for you too??!!
You are doing just great. Look at the smaller and bigger breakthroughs you've had lately! Just amazing!
I need you to gather the courage and go find those swimming lessons and do it!
It will feel so great when you conquer your fears!
Sending you lots of love huni bun xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back