Jules LL Diary

Awe Welshy Hun. Just been reading your diary and the posts from the lovely girls. I had tears reading them. They are a super bunch of girls. You will get over your fear in your own time. Don't push yourself. Do it when your ready. As for the job. Well done on the feed back. I'm sure you'll be inline for the next one. I havn't posted much lately but I have been reading the diaries. My LLC contacted me tonight to suggest I go to RTM to understand what food works for me and to maintain the weight I've already lost. Bless. She's been really good to me. I feel really guilty for giving up as I've had so much support but I just couldn't stomach it any longer. I will give it some thought though. SW going good so far. Missing you all. Have a lovely evening chick.

Hugs and kisses

XxJulesxX

Aw sweetheart, dont feel bad. You have to do whats right for you. You know we all support you no matter what plan your on. Dont be a stranger chick...are you on faceboo? Would love to stay in touch with you ;) xx

I know the ladies on here are amazing ...you should have seen me in work when i read their posts ...not a pretty site lol

Miss you not being about xxx

Hi Hun.

Yeh I'm on facebook (Julie Date) be lovely to stay in touch. Xxxxxxxx whats your facebook name and I'll look for you? Xxx

gracielou09 said:
Huni, your cooking, thats a massive achievement as i know you say your not good at it, I'm obsessing on cooking programmes at the mo..weird. You are coping very well, esp with all you have on our plate. Your a strong woman and can achieve anything you want - i have no doubt about that. a lot of people would have given up put in your situation with your blood and having the choice taken away. You behaved like an adult and thats what this journey teaches us. Ok so your water intake hasnt been as good as usual, but if thats the only thing then your doing pretty bloody fantastic if you ask me.

If ever you want to come back to wales for a night out you get in touch misses. Offer always there - i mean that.

xxx

Aw thanks hun I really want to learn to cook properly, I think I lost interest when hubby and I split. Silly really because I shouldn't need to do it for anyone but me!

I know what you mean about the cookery programmed I am the same, can't get enough of them.

Thanks for the night out offer you are sweet, if i get down that way with work I will be sure to let you know we could rip the town up lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

gracielou09 said:
Thanks for your words of encouragement huni, means a lot.

Had to laugh, when I rang the swimming instructor, initially I said I was enquiring about 1to1 swimming lessons, she asked how old was my child, I said 41 ...ad its me. She said she was 53 when she learnt which made me feel a little better.

Glad your staying on this forum too ..xxx

O wow I bet it did,there's hope for us all then lol! And thanks Hun.
Sexy xx

Added u to FB!!! well done on the 1 2 1swimming!!!! iv decided to start pilates! so looks like we both trying something new!!!

Just caught up with your diary. All I can say is WOW! I am soo impressed at the swimming lessons. Unreal and amazing. So proud of you. It is a huge, huge thing. Brill!

The 12 lb to go on plan is also good news, but for me knocked into a tin hat by the swimming lol

Night out in Cardiff eh ? Perk :) lol

Enjoy your week lovely xx

Well it was WI last night ...only lost a 1lb....I just don’t know what’s going on!!!!
One of the ladies had Fish and Chips Friday and still lost a 1lb. I'm going to do some exercise this week, not sure what yet but I need to get this weight off.

We also had a bit of a drama in class. There are 5 remaining ladies of the original class (incl myself). We are a pretty solid group, but welcome newbies with open arms. Even our LLC introduced us as her best class and most welcoming and supportive class she has ….woop woop lol. We had 5 new starters last week. 4 of which are returners, One of them has 'issues' esp. with alcohol...her own admission last week (wont go into anymore as its confidential and I wouldn’t want to betray her trust) however she is very aggressive in her manner. Anyways, the module we are doing is perception and our LLC read a poem, basically saying that we should be positive about ourselves and no matter what life throws at us we should always be the best we can be. Well, this lady just flew off on one and said she didn’t agree and challenged it. Our LLC was saying that even though there will be difficult times in our lives we owe it to ourselves to still try and be positive and love ourselves and look after ourselves in the best way we can ...well she just wouldn’t leave it and went on for about 10 minutes - I felt so uncomfortable and worried it would get more and more aggressive. Our LLc handled it superbly but said that if she keeps challenging and doesn’t believe in the work we do this isn’t the place for her and she would not be welcome in the group. None of the newbies did their homework either or even tried to give an example. Jo, one of the original ladies even said to this lady, I don’t like confrontation and felt really uncomfortable, she replied “ow I love confrontation, its great”

She’s obviously has a lot of anger and I know she’s probably going through a tuff time, but I think she’s possibly in the wrong kind of group and not to sound nasty, but I think its either and AA meeting she should go to or anger management. I think the emphasis is on the wrong demon at the mo and it’s not food she should be worried about.

It’s completely changed the dynamics of the group in such a bad way. I normally come from class feeling quite upbeat and ready for the week ahead. What must the newbies think eh! Something like that could put them off coming back. I did feel quite annoyed that she had disrespected the LLC and the group. Ok some of the stuff maybe a bit ‘out there’ but a lot of it is real meaningful stuff that makes you think etc.

I hope it’s not like it next week, if it is I know I will say something. My group means everything to me; just like you ladies …you and the group are my life lines. And I don’t mind admitting I’m quite protective of it.

Aka me, this weight loss has certainly given me confidence to stand up for myself hahaha.

Please don’t get me wrong, this lady maybe going through a tuff time and I do understand, but you don’t behave like that when someone is trying to help and give you the tools so you can help yourself.

Oh dear I have gone on a bit …sorry lol

Off to catch up on your diaries
xxxxxx

Hi Hun, well done on the 1lb!

As for the group dynamics changing I suppose that is part and parcel of the plan when people can join while others are already part way through their journey! I would suggest rasing it as a concern to you LLC and asking if there is an alternative if she continues to disrupt the group. After all the group sessions are where the magic happens for most of us.

We are doing the perception module and also did the work you did, there was a girl in ours that said she couldnt love anything about herself. We were all trying desperatley hard to help her identify something but it can be difficult sometimes for others to see what we do.

The module really helped me move from a place I didnt want to be this week, so it couldnt come at a better time.

Hope you are good hun & check you out 2 stone already!! xx

We've had a couple of new starters of the past 2 months and all fitted in well, but have since left.

I stayed back after class to speak with the LLC and just said that it wasnt her and she handled the situation well, 2 of the other ladies said the same to her. I really felt for her last night. She didnt deserve that behaviour. She assured us that she will have a word and in no unceetain terms explain that that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

I'm ahppy to challenge things but when approriate....she seemed like she was looking for an argument to get her aggression out.

Let hope world war 3 doesnt erupt next week lol.

Yeah some of the modules have much more of an impact than other's...glad it helped you move on huni.

Loving the pics of your night out on FB hun...the jumpsuit you wore ...I have one from next exactly the same. So comfy and flattering. You looked fabulous xx

We have had many people come and go in our group, most of which are great. Some sit there in complete silence which if I did then I dont think I would get much out of it if I did that to be honest.

Its good that others spoke to your LLC as the more of you that raise it as a concern the more chance you have of something being said to her. I kinda feel for her, but agression and confrontation isnt nice at all.

Ah thanks hun, I bought it from Next lol but when I look at the pics I think it looks too big for me and I could have done with a size smaller. Anyway got to cut it off to shorts now because of my heel going through the leg lol xxx

Oh huni. That's not a nice situation to be in is it. Because of the nature of the beast that is counselling we tend to be far more open and trusting with people that go through similar journeys. Unfortunately we also tend to forget that those people are still strangers and we simply don't know how they're going to behave.
Luckily most are wonderful and can with time (just like us on here :)) become friends but sometimes you meet that one person that can spoil everything for the rest of the group and make the situation very uncomfortable.
On Tuesday I went to see my LLC and she convinced me to stay for the meeting with the group I've never met. Most ladies were lovely but there was this one woman who obviously didn't like the fact I was there. We were having a conversation about our fears etc and when it was my turn to open up (and you know me, I'm very sincere and I put my heart out on a sleeve), she burst out laughing!
It was so inappropriate and uncomfortable it made me feel quite taken back.
I honestly didn't know what was so funny.
Thank God I'm quite a strong person as someone more volurnable could have been so put off by it that they might have not returned next week.

The point is Hun. We need to rise above it. Everyone's got their own cross to carry and has their own issues. It's obviously something your LLC needs to monitor very closely but as a group you guys need to try and support each other and not to let one person affect your progress.

Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Oh dear, sorry to hear ur class didnt go well. The woman obviously has a lot of un resolved issues she needs to address and has a lot of pent up anger. Sorry u had to experience that hun.

Well done on ur loss tho and remember ur lighter than u were last week xxx

Oh huni. That's not a nice situation to be in is it. Because of the nature of the beast that is counselling we tend to be far more open and trusting with people that go through similar journeys. Unfortunately we also tend to forget that those people are still strangers and we simply don't know how they're going to behave.
Luckily most are wonderful and can with time (just like us on here :)) become friends but sometimes you meet that one person that can spoil everything for the rest of the group and make the situation very uncomfortable.
On Tuesday I went to see my LLC and she convinced me to stay for the meeting with the group I've never met. Most ladies were lovely but there was this one woman who obviously didn't like the fact I was there. We were having a conversation about our fears etc and when it was my turn to open up (and you know me, I'm very sincere and I put my heart out on a sleeve), she burst out laughing!
It was so inappropriate and uncomfortable it made me feel quite taken back.
I honestly didn't know what was so funny.
Thank God I'm quite a strong person as someone more volurnable could have been so put off by it that they might have not returned next week.

The point is Hun. We need to rise above it. Everyone's got their own cross to carry and has their own issues. It's obviously something your LLC needs to monitor very closely but as a group you guys need to try and support each other and not to let one person affect your progress.

Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

I do feel for her, she's obviously going through a tuff time, but I felt she disrespected our LLC and us - you dont do that when someone trying to help you.

Will rise above it hun, your totally right.

Hope your ok chickadee xx

Well done on the 1lb loss and doing the swimming thing. Shame about the class getting like that d/t one person with issues. People like that make me very uncomfortable and uneasy.
Obviously deep issues witht that one and is not ready for help of any sorts just yet.

xx

Next weeks class will be interesting. My LLC has been in touch with us all and said she had spoken to the lady and is going to give her the oppotunity to apologise to us in class and explain her behaviour. she also wants us to explain how we felt.

Jo and Tan said they will hide behind me lol. I just want her to know how disrespectful she was to the class and esp out LLC. but also for her to know we all have issues other than weight and that we are here for her if she needs support - obviously within the strictest of confidence. So we'll see 1. if she turns up and 2. what heppens. May wear my glasses to deter her from hitting me lol

xx

Back