Julie's diary...this time I will do it!

Well back again for another day and still feeling fine. Today I didn't get breakfast as I was busy so I had a lovely tomato and choritzo soup for my lunch with some celery to dip in. For tea it has been a lovely steak with cauliflower bake which was scrummy.

Slightly darker urine today but I must admit I haven't drunk enough water at all as I have just been dashing around at work. Now I have a pint of flavoured soda water in front of me so I shall try and remedy that issue during the evening.

I have found that I am no where near as hungry as I usually am which has got to be good. Scales show a loss of about 4lb up to now but I will wait till Monday morning for my proper weight in before I get excited. I know it is mostly water but hey! a loss is a loss. :)

Morning Julie, looks like you're enjoying all this then :)

Thanks everyone for your support. :)

Thanks pigletville. :)

Well day 5 was another good day, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but can't see what. No cravings (apart from the odd mint) or anything negative. I am never hungry and feel ok. I have been on de-caff tea all week which I think has helped.

yesterday breakfast was scrambled egg and bacon, lunch was celery and cheese and dinner was chicken wrapped in choritzo and eaten with pureed cauliflower which was as near mashed potato as I think I can get.;)

The scales are showing an excellent loss of 7lbs up to now. I'm prepared for it to slow down but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :)

I am going off to look for a dress for my daughter's wedding again today. She gets married in April and this is one of the targets in my weight loss plan. I haven't found anything I really like yet but it would certainly help if I could grow another 4 or 5 inches upwards as well as decreasing 4 or 5 inches widthwise!:rolleyes:

Any onwards and downwards for another day. Hope you all have a good day.

Hi Julie, sounds like it is all going well for you;). If you do slow down then just keep an eye on the tomatoes and celery - they are slightly more carby but i must admit worth it:D
Keep on losing!

Thanks Katie, you have done so well! I have felt so different even after just 5 days that I need to think about this as being for life not just a diet to help me lose weight.

Hiya SS, I'm a Monday weigher too, look forward to your official weigh in ;) good luck xx

Well I've felt a bit 'off' up to now today. Don't feel at all hungry but am managing to drink plenty. Just had a bit of cheese this morning and will try and get another snack in before dinner at 6. Not sure what is wrong ......just blurghhhhh.

I felt awful yesterday, water defiantly helps....keep it up xx

Well it's 'weigh in' day and guess what?? 8 whole pounds gone!! Yeah! And I feel a bit better this morning. I know it won't be 8lbs again next week but at least this is the kick start I needed. I am going to measure myself today as this is something I haven't done yet. I may need the inch loss to cheer me up if there is no weight loss next week. :)

Yesterday I did drink quite a bit more but still wasn't terribly hungry. I had chicken, cauliflower cheese and greens for dinner last night but didn't eat all of it. I've got some scrummy recipies to try this week though so that may tempt me. Unless it is just the fact that I don't need as much food as I think I do. :fingerscrossed:

My biggest achievement I think is not snacking...a bit here and a bit there..... ! I went out last night and was quite happy to drink soda water......not sure for how long though! (When can we have alcohol back? hahaha)

So I will take the 8lb loss and be more than happy and look forward to another week of Atkins. I just can't believe I didn't look at it before. Apart from a bit of a headache and feeling a bit off yesterday I haven't had any problems at all. So here's to week 2......

Morning Julie, a great start there. I confess I drank red wine on a Friday night all during my 6 months on induction ;)

If I stay on induction for a significant time, which I intend to, I may just have to have the odd sniffter now and again!! It was ok last night but couldn't do it forever. :)

Same here love, but be warned, you'll be a cheap drunk on induction

My husband will be thrilled!!!

Woo hoo! Well done! Measuring is a great idea, think I'll go do that too :)

Xx

Back