July 100% Challenge Daily Diary

Oh yes indeed. Sometimes the weight fluctuates daily & usually its down to body fluid so don't feel disheartened.

6lb is brilliant so give yourself a big pat on the back Natalie.

Roll on week two xx

Thanks susie58. Am hiding in my bedroom as we speak whilst family eat dinner downstairs. Just me and my bottle of water lol
Will see what tomorrow's WI brings, just hope it moves downwards! X

That's the thing about us daily weighers... As Susie says it's completely normal to fluctuate, I know this but I still get disheartened by it too lol!! Just think, it's not fat so that's an easy .4lb in the bag for next week already ;-)

Well was a tough day yesterday as due to the slight gain gave me a bit of a low mood. Now normally this would have been enough to tip me over the edge and raid the cupboards but I went for a long dog walk instead.

Weighed this morning and lost .2 of a pound tipping me to 12.4.8, now again this has made me feel bit rubbish. Makes you play mind games almost as I just keep thinking how when on only 600 odd calories a day can I not be losing each and every day. But I do know this is a stupid way to think as I know it does depend on water content and that weight will fluctuate throughout each and every day.

So I have resolved to keep going as I know it will catch up at some point. Onwards and upwards (or downwards in the case of the scales)

Thanks for the support and hope you are also doing well x

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents as I didn't want to read and run :)

Daily weighing is evil lol Like you said, it plays such mind games that it effects your mood.

But look at the bigger picture - the very last figure your scales is giving you is only ounces. And since you know that it can't be a fat gain and is almost definitely a water gain, why let 4 ounces of water take enough power to get in to your head. I totally understand that the numbers going up, no matter what the reason, can play on the mind though, but since a low mood can make us want to binge, it can be a slippery slope.

What I try to do (apart from doing my best not to weigh daily), is to take a step back, breathe, and try to put it in perspective. I think another good thing to do, if you've had a slight gain, is to think 'right ok, that's my number right now, but I won't let a number affect me. How do I actually feel today? Any lighter? Smaller? Fitter?' It may even help to think about how you actually feel and get that established before you weigh yourself, that way, if the numbers aren't what you wanted, you can immediately take the control away from any potential negative thoughts, and have a better day

Sorry for the rant lol x

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents as I didn't want to read and run :)

Daily weighing is evil lol Like you said, it plays such mind games that it effects your mood.

But look at the bigger picture - the very last figure your scales is giving you is only ounces. And since you know that it can't be a fat gain and is almost definitely a water gain, why let 4 ounces of water take enough power to get in to your head. I totally understand that the numbers going up, no matter what the reason, can play on the mind though, but since a low mood can make us want to binge, it can be a slippery slope.

What I try to do (apart from doing my best not to weigh daily), is to take a step back, breathe, and try to put it in perspective. I think another good thing to do, if you've had a slight gain, is to think 'right ok, that's my number right now, but I won't let a number affect me. How do I actually feel today? Any lighter? Smaller? Fitter?' It may even help to think about how you actually feel and get that established before you weigh yourself, that way, if the numbers aren't what you wanted, you can immediately take the control away from any potential negative thoughts, and have a better day

Sorry for the rant lol x

No rant away Samprand as I know what you are saying is correct. I also realised today that I got all the ounces mixed up as for some reason in my head was thinking there are only 10oz to a pound when there are actually 16! Which actually would make the gain more but hey ho.

Weighed this morning and am 12.4 exactly, was swaying to 12.3.6 but stuck on the 12.4 lol.

Am feeling a bit more rational today and was thinking how I never thought I would get to this weight again so I know I need to not be so hard on myself, plus I have not derailed and am still 100%.

I know I have lost in inches as am comfortable in size 14's now, just need my head to catch up though as sometimes I think I am thin and looking good till I see a picture of me and realise that I still have some way to go but all in good time.

One day at a time is definitely the key! x

Dieting is such a head game! How are things for you now? x

Just noticed you're in Plymouth, me too, small world hey :)

Am still going and down to 12.3 so losses have slowed down now :(. But then knew they would.
I hadn't realised yr in Plymouth too? X

Aw thx ladies
Am in 8lbs so far and even though I have remained 100% it seems to be STS for a few days then might increase or decrease by half a pound to a pound.

Am so close to the 11's as currently 12.3 so just need to preserver x

Am still going and down to 12.3 so losses have slowed down now :(. But then knew they would.
I hadn't realised yr in Plymouth too? X

Hi slim x well done on your losses so far. You are doing fab x

Ps did you know you had 2 July challenge diaries on the go? Double will power lol

Have I??

Oh well lol

Am feeling really quite fed up today. Weighed this morn and am 12.4 on the dot again!
For the past 7 days the scales seem to jump from 12.3.6 but then land on 12.4.

How when I have had no food at all and just my shakes can this be?? I am glugging my water and I just can't believe that in 7 days I have not lost a thing.

Almost makes me want to eat and then restart to kick my metabolism in to gear again.

The only thing that might be effecting any loss is constipation (sorry for tmi) but even that surely can't allow for no losses over 7 days can it??? X

Bless ya, don't get disheartened, I had 4 or 5 days where the scales just didn't move either. I think we have weights where our body is comfortable and just says no more. But if you keep at it eventually it just gives up and the scales start moving again. Keep at it, things will definitely start moving again :)

Thanks bob and I know yr right but 7 darn days though?
Just feel sluggish and not at all as I should and normally would when on a vlcd.
Oh we'll yet again will torture myself with what the scales bring tomorrow lol x

7 days really is a bit of a b**ch. have u tried something like senakot? 2 days seemed to work for me, and others suggested things to put in your shakes, I think it was called fibre sure if it's an ongoing problem, I ordered some but haven't had a problem since but have it there just in case. Also, are you drinking enough? Like, 4 litres at least, enough? It seems from what I've read that dehydration really does stop things 'moving'! X

Hey bob
Yes am drinking loads and am going to take some stuff this eve I think and hopefully that will help move things along lol

Took kids swimming and for lunch earlier and was sooo tempted to just stuff my face but I resisted and ate my bar and drank my water instead.

I keep coming to a stand still every 5-7lbs it seems but is so disheartening when your sticking to it properly. Xx

Thanks, not really feeling it today though. Have stuck to the July challenge 100% but the scales haven't really moved from 12.3/12.4 for past 7 days :(
Will keep going in hope it will jump again soon x

Considering you have had a STS week you did extremely well in resisting eating with your children today Natalie. It would have been so easy to cave in but you didn't so a big pat on the back for that. Well done .

Hopefully the laxatives will get things moving. You should see a bigger loss next week so stay stong xx

I have the same problem slim :'( I had dulcolax but I was then on the for the whole day!! Might try fibresure...heard that was good x

Stay strong hun xx

Considering you have had a STS week you did extremely well in resisting eating with your children today Natalie. It would have been so easy to cave in but you didn't so a big pat on the back for that. Well done . Hopefully the laxatives will get things moving. You should see a bigger loss next week so stay stong xx

Hey susie

Oh I've sat in macdonalds, gone for brekki, been to pub and all sorts this week and have stuck to water and coffee much to everyone else's annoyance lol

I hope they do too as am starting to feel uncomfortable now x

Back