JULY NEW STARTERS - Welcome to LL

Hi Munch

I started on Tuesday also - I've done it all before so I know what you're experiencing. I'd say you'll feel like this for the first week really- as your body adjusts to the VLCD - but it does get better and you feel more energetic as time goes on. What i did experience last time I did LL though was the need for an energy boost at times - i was training to do the Moonwalk Marathon at the same time and in retrospect, I put too much pressure on myself - so it might be an idea to do gentle rather than vigorous exercise at the start!

Anyway, good luck and keep posting how you're doing. I have a dinner invite/event involving Italian food and wine tomorrow which i have to go to, so this is my first BIG hurdle - trying to think of as many excuses not to eat as possible at the moment!

ANY TIPS ANYONE?:beam:

All the best - keep it up

GG x:)

Any ideas - please help if you have? thanks:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

WK3

Hello everybody, hope you are all well.

Well i am on day 3 of week 3 and at last i have had a spurt of energy. last week i was sooooo tired, all i wanted was my bed once i got home from work.

i have also started kickboxing again after a month break. last night was very hard but thats it i am back on a roll.

hopefully doing two hours kickboxing and an hours spinning this week will show on the scales next week.

next monday my measurements will be taken again. i am sure it will be postive can already feel the weight coming of my waist.

minimodmK1 - well done - 11 pounds down - I've been very lethargic too - only just started week 2, but slept for Scotland last week! Having done this once before, i know the energy level changes and I can start feeling it coming back slowly - it's just a case of pacing yourself I think. Kickboxing and spinning sound great - I'm just taking it easy with walking and cycling - I'll only go back swimming when I feel i look half decent in a swimsuit - can't even get into my old one! I just keep staring at my gorgeous tight grey trousers that i love and am determined to fit by October at the latest - so that's keeping me motivated - I am starting to feel better already though.

Keep posting

GG x

p.s. minimodmk1 - i have tried to put my tickerfactory details on my profile but it still hasn't come up - where am I going wrong? Can you help?

gg

I lost 9lbs in week 1!

First time I've done this, trying to stay motivated, but like my energy levels it's up and down like a yo yo!

Determined that this will be my last diet, forum really helping with hard times.

OMG!!!!!! Went to a midweek weigh-in to get some motivation and I've lost 10lbs in 5 days!!.... been dancing about my garden since I came home!!
I'm so happy and never thought it was possible.

Thanks to everyone on this for being inspirational!

Nice one Leann!! Makes itr all worth it, ay?

WELL DONE!!! ANd that is jst the beginning - it just gets better and better!!!

X

An update for you all, i started on tuesday, so am now into day 2. I'm doing ok, i'm not hungry, i just want to eat, i think, for the sake of eating, of doing something? Not sure.....
Just wondered if anyone else felt sick whilst drinkin the food packs? I'm due for one now and the thought of it is making me gag a little bit, i'm not sure if this is normal or not???

Hi SHell. Good luck on your diet!

Some people complained of gagging but personally, I have never had a problem with any of the packs. Try not to think about it, and try to see it as a nice tasting drink or soup.....it make it much easier. If you start believing it is making you sick, that may make it very difficult for you. It could even be a psycological reaction....just crooked thoughts getting the best of you. Buggers they are! :D

I am on my 28th week now, and have never allowed me to not enjoy what I am having. It is all palatable - not meant to be tasty tasty, and is doing your body a world of good. I find, if I allow myself to look at any aspect of this negatively, that will only impede my progress as one inevitably always gets sucked in to negativity. Its much easier to approach with a strong positive attitude.

Afterall, just remind yourself its only temporary, and a few months of a simple shake or soup will bring you rewards far more valuable then anything that tastes good.

Hang in there! You can get through these early days and you will be soon flying and getting closer and closer to your goal!

Good Luck!!! :) :)

x

youre absolutely right :) thanks so much blondlogic, its right what you say about the negativity, i can't let it get the better of me, its mostly the soups that are having this affect, maybe i would be better sticking to the shakes for a few weeks until i get used to the idea?
we'll see though :)

i'm not letting this deter me in any way though, i've been looking at everyones before and after pictures and i am imagining myself in 14 or so weeks from now looking the same, its motivating me greatly!

one other question, how do you know when ketosis has kicked in? is there a definitive moment when you just know and can feel it? or does it just happen without you knowing??

x

You will just sort of find yourself thinking about eating less and less, and then you just realise you aren't hungry. That's how it was for me. :)

Are you going to a mid-week pop-in? Most LLCs offer this and its a very good idea....at the pop in you will pee on a stick and all of us in our group were in ketosis and that was on day 3. It varies, 3-5 days for most. We were all lucky to go in right away.

Hope that helps. :)

Oh - ggod idea - if the shakes are alright - stick with that for now until you are embedded in it!

yeh, i've found i'm not hungry as such, but i have noticed i am absolutely surrounded by food! in the house, on t.v, on the internet in magazines....its everywhere and its making me realise why i eat so often, bcos its just there all the time.
I can see myself becoming less aware of it in time, its just right at the start, like with most diets, you kind of realise what you're 'missing out on'.

oooooh food, lol, i'll be reet though, i can do this, i know i can, i have to.

YEs, I noticed that too....I noticed everything people were eating. What surprised me was the amounts on plates! After a few weeks on the diet, watching my inlaws and hubby eat a roast dinner - it was a bit shocking, the pile of food on their plates!!

This really raises your awareness in so many ways!!

If you want to do it, you will do it. :) Have faith in yourslf - believe in your success - picture yourself at the end - and let nothing get in your way!!! This diet is completely manageable under all circumstances - you just have to work harde some days then others - but put your mind to it - anything you want to happen will. :)

thanks again bl, i can see you getting me through the hard times on here!!! you should become a ll counseller at the end :)

Just wanted to say hello!

I am new to this forum and will be starting tonight. I am anxiously waiting to see what the food packs are like. This is such a great site and people seem to have really lost so much weight and are motivated. incidentally I bumped into a friend yesterday and she had started LL after Christmas and has lost four and a half stone. I couldn't believe it, she looked amazing. I am off on holiday to Florida in December and I want to be able to go on the beach with my children without having to cover up and be self conscious for a change:D

Just a couple of quick questions before tonight. Do you just start with the shakes or can you have the soups?
Besides black tea and black coffee, are you allowed any herbal teas? Also has anyone experienced hair loss?

I will probably spend so much time on here now that I have found this site, that I shall be too busy to be thinking about food. Even though people around me are supportive if you have not been through or are going through the process it's hard to understand.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences along the way:)

Hi Mum! You will be gorgeous for the beaches in December! :)

You can have both shakes and soups right away - the only thing you have to wait for is the bars, and that is just one week.

You can have tea, as long as it is not made of flowers or fruit....so no jasmine tea, no orange tea, etc.

Good luck to you! Its a fantastic diet with quick and substantial results!!

All the best!

x

Day 11 for me now and for the first time in years I got to lunch time and realised that I hadn't thought about food once!

Everyone that says that this is about more than losing dress sizes is so right, I can feel my self awareness and control growing by the day and I can't see how I could ever go back to my old ways, and that's just 11 days in!

Wish I'd started this journey years ago!

Well done everyone, keep going.

Munch. x

Hi Munch

Glad to hear it's going well for you too! You do gradually wean yourself off the "food on the brain" state of mind - and it doesn't seem such a big issue. It's worth all the bored evenings without munching at the telly and missing social events - well worth it when you strut your stuff in the latest gear only a few weeks down the line.

Keep up the good work - I'm on day 11 also - let me know how you're doing?

GG

Back