July Starters!~! Time to rock and roll!!

Hi,
3lbs loss tonight at WI. Was very interesting, we had a nutritionist in. Learned alot about reading the labels and making choices based on the carbs from sugar, fat from saturates, sodium, fibre. Gave us a nice little laminated card with high/low ranges for each.
How did you get on Deb?

Hi Deb, well done on your weight loss. Sounds like a really interesting class. I wasnt at WI last night. I was away at a residential course for 3 days...just got back an hour ago.I couldnt resist getting on my own scales, so probably 3lbs. I'm not feeling 100% though. Runny nose and sore throat. I think I'll do the pop in on Saturday to pick up some more St Clements mix. I need something for my sore throat. Your doing really well...you'll get your 4 stones next week :)

Poor Deb, Hope you feel better soon. Imagine, next week you will be so much closer to goal!

Hi Debs, I decided to get weighed this morning when I went to pick up the St Clements mix. So glad I did!! I lost 6lbs!!! So I have now lost 4 and a half stone, but more importantly, I weigh 11 stone 13.5lbs. It must be over 20 years since I weighed under 12 stone! Just so pleased. I nipped into Oxfam afterwards, as its a lovely little shop and its always closed on a wednesday evening. Treated myself to some tops, a mixture of mostly 12s and a couple of 14s. Am going to adjust my target weight as well. My calves are still enormous and I cant fit into regular wellies lol!

OMG, that's amazing, so happy for you. What do you think you will revise your goal to?
I set mine as 10stone 10 cause that is a healthy bmi of 25, and gives me a maintenance bracket of 10 1/2 to 11 stone. I will be delighted if I can keep to it. Before I've maintained for 2 years at 11 1/2 stone so I know that much is achievable.

Probably the same...10 stone 10lbs. But I'm just not sure. I havent been here (or 10 10 for that matter) for so long. I think I'll know when I feel happy if that makes sense? Once I get to 11 7, I'll probably take things on a week to week basis :)

Sounds good. I set that goal but its not set in stone. If I get to 11 or 11 1/2 stone and am really happy or if my body stops losing, or if I feel I'm looking scrawny for my age rather than healthy, I'll re-evaluate the goal.
I just don't want to look back and wish I had kept going, cause I have done that in the past on other diets.

I know, I think I'll probably be tempted to start eating again fairly soon as well. So will have to have a good think about whether I'm happy with my weight or if I'm looking for excuses to start RTM.

Very happy tonight. I got my publicity photo done this evening and it looks good. I'm so pleased I've come this far. The girls were saying how glamourous I looked ha ha!

Hey Debs, how was weigh in? I lost another 1.5lbs since Saturday, so I'm very pleased with that. Looks like one of the other girls will get to target around the same time as me, so we'll start RTM together which is nice.

Excellent Deb, publicity photos sound great. That's good you will have someone doing RTM at the same time. Does your LLC have a separate meeting for RTM? Our group the RTM people just keep coming to the same group meetings.
3lbs for me this week. Really happy getting 3 and not less. I'm on track for my xmas target. Ticked the 4 stone tonight. Yippee.
Knock em dead for your performances Deb.

Well done Debs, excellent stuff! What is your Christmas target?

The RTM class is on a different day. I have the choice to stick with my LLC on a Saturday morning or change to the other LLC on a Monday night. I want to stick with my LLC, but I work every second Saturday. January will be tricky as I'm away on holiday, so my Saturdays have been changed around. I'll manage it somehow lol.

Opening night went really well :) My voice held out, hurrah! DD nearly didnt recognise my publicity shot! I need to get a copy of that pic and post it here.

Do you have any nice plans for the weekend?

oh Yes, please post the photo. Which panto is it?
When I started back on total after being sick I set the xmas target as 1 1/2 stone by xmas to get to 13 stone 3lbs. I'm 13 stone 7.5lbs now so nearly there.
Are you going anywhere for your hols in January?
I'm just doing a home hair colour tonight and getting hair trimmed tomorrow. No plans otherwise.

Still waiting on the photo lol. And last night, Mum almost didnt recognise the pic either! Its Treasure Island we're doing. We had large groups of rainbows and beavers in last night. The beavers were all dressed as pirates, bless!

You are doing so well. You'll be under 13 stones for Christmas. Isnt that a lovely thought?

We're going to Lanzarote in January. I love my week away in the sun in Winter. This time, we're going self catering. We've always gone all inclusive before, as the deals were always so good. But its not a good deal if I stuff my face and put on half a stone, is it? I know it will be very tempting, but I'm hoping that being at target will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'm having a nice lazy day today. I'm going to pop in and see Nana in a wee while. For just now, I'm watching Nigella Express and then I'm going to read my new book, Adore Yourself Slim. I'm also going to read the next chapter from Beck. Plus some very light housework :D

Are you a Strictly fan?

Photo is now uploaded :)

Deb,
You are looking beautiful, and young and you look so happy. You must be over the moon.
The little ones sound so cute all dressed up. Glad it is going so well.

I've been to Lanzarote selfcatering and I really liked the self catering. Didn't have to cook at night and could just eat lite during the day and go out for meals in the evening and nice walks along the beach. You shouldn't have any problem making good choices from the menus. It was a really relaxing week, I'm so jealous.

How do you find the Beck book? I'll have to see if I can find it.

I'm a HUGE Strictly fan, watched it since the second series. And I also watch the strictly it takes two. I really miss Ian dancing though, he is lovely. Glad that Pasha is on it now, I first saw him on the 'America's favourite Dancer' a few years ago, loved that show the year Benji Schwimmer won it. I watch most of the Dancing with the Stars also, Max is gorgeous, and what a mover!
I'm just going to bag some wood while its dry out to bring in to light the wood stove. Makes it nice and cozy.

Aw thanks Debs...I'm really pleased with the pic. All credit to the photographer :D

I'd recommend the Beck book. I think Spanglymum recommended it to me. Loads there to work through. I'm liking the Lisa Jackson one too.

I love Strictly! I dont really get to watch the American one...OH isnt a great fan lol. I keep changing my mind about who I want to win. I change between Chelsee, Jason and Alex! Really disappointed that Anita went last week...I thought she was good. Thought she might have been this years Pamela Stephenson. I think Robbie or Holly might go this week, but who knows? I think Pasha is gorgeous and I have such a girl crush on Flavia! I think she is just so beautiful. I sit there watching it, saying to OH 'Oh she is so beautiful!' Mind you, I say that about Ola and the other Russian girl...cant remember her name, who dances with the boy from McFly. I marvel at their figures...all of them actually.

Time to dash. On stage in under an hour :D Enjoy Strictly. I'll watch it when I get in :D:D:D

I think Julz reads the beck book too. I must get it as more CBT can only help with the LLT and after.
Strictly...The dancers all have fab bodies, I have a girl crush on Flavia too. She looks gorgeous in everything she wears. And is amazing doing the argentine tango. I loved when she partnered Matt DiAngelo in it.
Erin Boag always has the most beautiful ballroom dresses, I often wonder if they are her own.
I think I'm hoping Chelsey wins it but. Jason and Harry are so good too. and Artem's choreography has been amazing for Holly.
On the american one, If you get a chance check out Mel B and Maksim on YouTube from a few years ago. And I like every dance by Derek Hough and Julianne Hough professional dancers (brother and sister) they are amazing.
My niece is auditioning for ballet companies for next year, so fingers crossed for her. It will be wonderful to be able to see her on stage in a professional company, she works so hard for it.
When I was sitting in front of the mirror at hairdressers I could really see the difference in my face. Starting to see some cheekbones starting, can't wait for another 3 stone will be so much better.
You'll have to post tomorrow to let me know when you've watched strictly, what you think of the dances...

How great was Strictly??? I thought Chelsee and Pasha were just fabulous and deserved 40! Bloody Craig! I did find Pasha's costume slightly disturbing, but never mind :eek: In fact, they were all great except Robbie. I believe he has a large twitter and Radio 1 following, so he may still get through. I dont think I could call it. I'm not warming to Holly. I dont mind if she goes lol.

I've had a look at some weekends with the dancers. Erin and Anton and Ola and James do them. But I know OH wouldnt be up for it. And I cant dance anyway :D

That sounds fab about your niece, fingers crossed for her.

HaHa I'm with you on Pasha's costume but they were fab. Well Robbie is out, but he has shown a great sense of humour and thrown himself into every week, and did great to get this far.
Yeah I really wish I had a partner who would go for dance lessons. I've never been able to dance properly cause I have a problem with my right arm which limits the motion in raising it up and straightening it. But I wish I could.
What will you do with no practices and the performances completed... you'll have time now to get ready for xmas.
Will you be glad to be starting RTM in time for xmas?

Ha! Dont know what to do with my time! This is the first Monday night in for weeks. Oh will be home around tea time, he had gone home to do present exchange this weekend.

I'm almost organised for Christmas. There's definately something to be said for taking a week off at the beginning of December! The vast majority of my cards are written. I've bought and wrapped most of my presents. I've even bought all my bits and pieces, like nuts and dried fruit to do my Christmas baking. Go me eh? lol I'm doing some baking this Friday for the Brownies who came to see the show last week. Its their Christmas Fair on Saturday. Unfortunately, I'm working, but said I'd make some nice things for them to sell.

Have you had any snow yet? We've had some, but not too much to cause havoc or anything. Yet, that is :)

Back