July Starters!~! Time to rock and roll!!

Wind and rain so far, had hail yesterday.

I don't have much to do to get ready for xmas. No baking to be done, so no temptations. It isn't a big thing anymore. Used to be lots to do when my nephew was young. I don't cook a xmas meal, I go to a neighbours instead so no leftovers.
We have our work schedule for xmas week and I only have to work Tues, weds, so that will be nice time off.
I had checkup with GP today and got the flu jab. I've never had it before so we'll see how it goes. She said it would be a good idea as my immunity may be low (like how I got shingles).

Well, I lost another 1.2lbs tonight. I feel a bit, ahem, bunged up at the mo, so not too bothered.

How did you get on Debs?

2lbs for me tonight. Losses are steady so just keeping going. I'll have to get out my size 16 jeans soon and see how close or far I am from wearing them. Everyone at group tonight said how much of a difference they can see with my weightloss, which is nice. Have to keep it in my head though that I'm not there yet and still have to be focused to get to goal.

Definately get out the size 16 jeans to see how close you are to getting them on. You might be pleasantly surprised :)

Class at the gym cancelled tonight. Weather here is atrocious! We are in the red warning area. A local primary school's roof collapsed. Its very very scary. My fences are down and I dont know where my wheelie bins are...I can live with that :)

I saw that Scotland had a weather red zone warning for gales and that children were sent home at lunch to get home safely.
I was wondering how you were doing.
I'm just having a hot broth after a hot 'fruits' drink. I just am so cold. I have a nice fire going in the woodstove but just can't get warm. A cold shake is not looking great to me right now, but that's all I have left for today.

Things are back to normal now :) Its about minus one and I'll have to give the car a good scrape in the morning I think.

I appreciate you feeling the cold. I'm the same. I bought some thermal leggings (much better sounding than long johns lol) out of Primark and they are fab. I'll need to get some vests and tshirts, I think.

I'm out of broth. I'm sure I remember reading on here that Veg Buillon was a good subsitutute? I keep meaning to buy some, but my Asda doesnt stock it.

I'm using the one recommended on here, Marigold, organic swiss boullion. I'm almost out of it and I keep forgetting to get another one.
We have a store here called Penny's that recently had a revamp and carries alot of new stock, I saw today the tags now say primark so is probably the same stock. I got a pair of fluffy slipper booties for just 4 euro and fleece pj's for 8 euro.
Yippee Strictly is about to start, should be fab, then over to itv3 for Doc Martin repeat that I missed before, and then over to bbc4 for the Danish 'The Killing II'. My night is all mapped out. How sad am I?

Yay, the xl pj's are actually a bit big will try the large next time.
Aw I actually was tear'ing up when Chelsey got her scores for the 'pasha' doble. She is sweet.

Hi,
WI tonight I lost 3.5lbs so I'm happy. I've already reached my xmas target of losing 1.5 stone nov/dec.
Getting close to the overweight BMI category. And I tried my jeans tonight and can zip them with muffintop so will be able to wear them in another week. They are american 15/16 so a little bit bigger than UK16 but I'll take it.
How did you get on tonight?

I'm using the one recommended on here, Marigold, organic swiss boullion. I'm almost out of it and I keep forgetting to get another one.
We have a store here called Penny's that recently had a revamp and carries alot of new stock, I saw today the tags now say primark so is probably the same stock. I got a pair of fluffy slipper booties for just 4 euro and fleece pj's for 8 euro.
Yippee Strictly is about to start, should be fab, then over to itv3 for Doc Martin repeat that I missed before, and then over to bbc4 for the Danish 'The Killing II'. My night is all mapped out. How sad am I?

Are you my long lost twin?? I was babysitting for my nephew on Saturday night. Watching Strictly on Sky plus after my brother, SIL, mum and dad went out. Then over to Fordelbrysen. Was disappointed that they came back at 10, still had an episode to watch! What with the whole Perk thing...did you watch Series 1? I so love it. I think we will visit Copenhagan in the Spring. I just want to hear everyone speak.

Well...drum roll please...I made my target. I've lost 5 stone, dah dah! So, I'm taking things week by week. I've vaguely got 10st 10 as a new target.

Well done on getting to your Christmas target now. You'll have that BMI under 30 for Christmas I'm sure :D

Congratulations on your 5 stone!

Very cool that you like the killing too. I'm always amazed listening to it how many words sound similar to english. Yes I loved the first one and couldn't wait for this one.
Did you see the Inspector Montalbano on BBC4? Great scenery in Sicily and good sense of humour with it.

Good for you sticking with it. I think I'll be having one lite meal instead of a pack every few weeks to get me through to March. I don't think I'll get under 30 bmi for xmas but should be there for my birthday in January, and at 5 stone lost by then too.

Spoke too soon, talked to my GP today with blood results and the liver enzymes have gone up again after 6 weeks back on Total. So she wants me to have 2 or 3 meals a week. I should still be able to lose on that though. So I will be sticking with it to goal in March/April.

Last edited:
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that...I still think you could get your BMI under 30 soon though. How much do you need to loose to get there?

I havent seen the Insp Montalbano series. I watched the Swedish Wallander. I dont particularly like Kenneth Branagh, so wasnt fussed for watching him. Spiral is another foreign favourite. Its French and called 'Engages' or something like that. Torn between what I'm going to watch tonight, but I think I will watch Strictly and record Fordelbrysen. However, as I'm working 8-6 tomorrow, I wont get a chance to see it until I get in from work. Boo!

I'm shouting for Chelsee tonight...what about you?

I'm recording both cause tonight is the night at the dogs with work. I'm getting a lift in, so having to go in early.
I watched Spiral and Wallander also, and I haven't watched the Brannagh version either. Its just never as good when they remake classics.
The one remake I'm looking forward to is the girl with the dragon tatoo. I've read the books, seen all the originals, and the new movie trailer looks like good casting, was filmed in sweden, and looks like they are sticking to the story. The same director did 'Seven'.
I still have to lose 5lbs to get under 30bmi.

Was a nice night out. I want Chelsee to win also. Didn't know that the results show for strictly was tonight as well. My sister rang to tell me so she taped both the strictly for me and I'll tape The Killing II on the repeat Wednesday night.
I'm working too on Sunday, I'm 10 - 6pm.

Last edited:
How did you get on tonight Debs? I lost another 3.5lbs, so I think I'll be moving onto RTM in the New Year. I've taken 2 weeks packs as I dont know what we're doing next Wednesday, but I think we'll probably head down to Liverpool on Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Just having a chilled night watching footie. It's a nice feeling to know that I'm all organised and dont have to worry about Christmas :)

Wow, that's great Deb. I stayed the same this week. Which is ok as I went off the plan with a few savoury items over the weekend. At least I didn't gain, and I've managed to stay away from any sweet temptations.
So what is your stats now? are you below goal?
I will be taping the killing II tonight. What will I do Saturday night? My TV planner will be empty, lol. I will probably be going to mass xmas eve.
I'm working 27th and 28th but off for the rest of the hols.

Well, I've now adjusted my stats. I'm aiming for 10st 10lbs, which I think is reasonable. Its 7.5lbs away, which I should get in the next two weeks. Even if I dont, I think I'll head onto RTM. My LLC said that you can loose up to 7lbs on RTM, so that's where I think I'm heading.

Sherlock Holmes is back on New Years Day! I love Dominic Cumberbatch...just about to read my new Radio Times and find new programmes to love. There's a new Danish programme on, I think on BBC4, starring Troels. I cannot wait!!

Sounds like a good plan Deb. Wow you are so close already! The updated ticker and stats really highlight how near you are to a BMI =25. Good for you. Can I ask what size are you wearing now? Are you 12 or below? I got to that weight once when younger and I think I was 12/14 depending cause I have big hips/thighs. I so look forward to getting there, just have to stick with it a few more months.

Yes, of course you can ask, lol no problem there. Bizarrely enough, I seem to be pretty much a size 12 on the bottoms but a 12/14 on the top. My boobs arent that big, I dont think, but big enough for me not to get into fitted size 12 jackets for example. I treated myself to a pair of size 12 trousers from Coast in the sale on Tuesday. They only had a 10 and 12 in the matching jacket and they were tiny! However, my Betty Jackson dress in size 12 fits me perfectly. Its all very strange. I think underneath all the flubber, I'm actually quite small. I still struggle to get my head round it though. I dont see what I look like. I actually got quite a shock when I glanced and saw a side relection of myself. I wish my brain would catch up!!!!

Still got huge calves and no danger of getting on a regular pair of boots :(

Back