July Starters!~! Time to rock and roll!!

Blonde Logic said:
Good morning fellow July starts!!! I have my first session tonight and pick up my packs. At last - my lifeline!! :D lol

How much are psople trying to lose? I was hoping it would only be a 2 or 3 for me, but I am afraid its going to be much more!! I am a bit scared about weighin in!! lol

But! I have to face the music, and learn form this that every action we take or do has a consequence!!! Must not forget that!!! Or rather - must acknowledge it next time my inside voice warns me of it!!! (Instead of sticking my fingers in my ears saying nah nah - I cant hear you! nah nah :D)

Anyway - lets get ready to get thin! :D

xx

Good luck later xx

Thanks M :)

Just got in - phew. The deed is done and I am loaded with packs! :)

It was a very, kind of surreal experience which I will write about later on my diary so as not to clog up this thread.

It is a really nice group - seems like a fantastic group of women. And my LLC welcomed me back with open arms, and it was really good to start to learn again about CBT, and tonights talk was spot on!!! Week 2 in the changes book - the cycle of change I think it is called. How timely was this.

Anyway, I am happy.

I am heavier then I wanted to be. But not as bad by a long shot that I feared it would be.

So, I am setting a long goal, to go back to where I was when I completed LL the first time. I thught about going to where I was maintaining which hovered happily and easily at 1/2 stone to a stone over my end weight. But I think it is a better exercise and lesson learnt if I go for it all the way. And then I can comfortably settle in to the right weight for me again.

Anyway - it was also very emotional which caught me off guard. LLC asked me to talk about my experience, that brought me back as a restarter adn it was difficult to talk out loud about mom. But it was a good thing.

Ooops...I am waffling. Again. See what I mean!

Sigining out, and wishing good luck to anyone starting this week!

xxx

Last edited:
Hey Im sure today is going to be the start of something amazing. Good on you for sharing.
Borris may do diary if I think I have something to say! Good luck one and all xx

Hi everyone, I am returning to lighter life on 16th and I simply can't wait!! I am in the correct place for it now and don't feel that I have to keep it a secret from friends because it's their support - and yours too that will make me successful this time around! Good luck to everyone starting. I think I want to lose 5.5 stone - I can't wait to get into a gorgeous party dress at christmas!!
L xx

Boris I noticed that! Hopefully we can be cheerleaders for each other. Are you looking forward to starting? I am considering a low carb diet next week as I found the first couple of days really difficult and it might make it a little easier. I am going to give up irn bru as of tomorrow as I am sure it was the cause of my horribleness! Xx

misslouise193 said:
Boris I noticed that! Hopefully we can be cheerleaders for each other. Are you looking forward to starting? I am considering a low carb diet next week as I found the first couple of days really difficult and it might make it a little easier. I am going to give up irn bru as of tomorrow as I am sure it was the cause of my horribleness! Xx

My name is Matt. Borris is a nick name long story :)

Yeah definitely looking forward to it, although apprehensive about the diet etc, but hope this forum will spur me on :) have you had medical consent yet ?

I have been trying to wean off carbs ! Next week really ween off them and also gonna try and wean off milk in my brews !

Horribleness ? Iron brews ?

Xx

Hi MissLouise - welcome!! :) I'm sure you will nail it!!! There is great support here, we are all in this together. What friends and family might not uinderstand - we will. ;)

You and Matt are wise to cut out carbs in advance - makes a HUGE difference in the first week!!!

All good luck to you!!!:)

x

Hi Boris and Misslouise good thinking about the carbs. First packs next Wednesday so cutting down this week would be good! Any more pre diet tips to male those first few days easier??

Best tip - drink lots of water. Find out where all your local loos are !!
Good luck. :D

Oronico, yes, do start getting used to water.

Also, start mentally prepping - start accepting you will be without food and that it is only temporary - start getting in the habit of these two facts - and it will help you. Mental preperation is as important as anything, in fact THE most important if you ask me. :)

If you eat a lot of sugar, probably best to knock that back a bit too. Sugar and White Flour are the 2 most addictive foods so the sooner your body gets used to not having them, it will be an easier withdrawal.

:)

x

Borris said:
My name is Matt. Borris is a nick name long story :)

Yeah definitely looking forward to it, although apprehensive about the diet etc, but hope this forum will spur me on :) have you had medical consent yet ?

I have been trying to wean off carbs ! Next week really ween off them and also gonna try and wean off milk in my brews !

Horribleness ? Iron brews ?

Xx

Hi everyone,

I am glad we are such a supportive bunch. I downloaded minimins to my phone so I have support everywhere!

Matt - I done LL about two years ago so my doctors consent note is still valid. The horribleness I was meaning was the headaches and feeling that everyone looked good enough to eat!! I have quite a love for irn bru so going cold turkey can mean worse headaches because it's like caffeine withdrawal!

How much is everyone looking to lose? I have already been looking at legs, arms and collarbones that I would love to have - I have a thing about collarbones lol.

X :)

I can feel my collarbones but can't see them.

I also want to lose 5/6 stone. I am mainly looking for my BMI to sit at 23.

Xx

Thanks for those tips! I think today will be the first day of my countdown preparation. More water no carbs and loo finding! Mental preparation is going to include lots of 'I can do's!!'. Have a great day everyone and keep those goals in mind x:)

Thanks for those tips! I think today will be the first day of my countdown preparation. More water no carbs and loo finding! Mental preparation is going to include lots of 'I can do's!!'. Have a great day everyone and keep those goals in mind x:)

The little thing that set me in good stead, and I have talked about this a lot - but it was so effective for me. It sounds funny - but hey, it worked - hurrah!!

I had a heart-to-heart with myself, looking dead into y own eyes in the mirror.

I said, "Jan - what do you want to do? Keep on eating the way you have been and be morbidly obses, immobile, emabarassed and miserable, etc. for your whole life,....OR....do you want to simply give up food for a very short period (10 months) and finally acheive what has eluded you your whole life?? JUST 10 months!!!??? Or more misery for life?"

When I did that, the answer was crystal clear and that set me smack in the "I can and will do this - zero tolerance to failure, etc.," and off I went and did 10 months relatively painlessly becuase I knew it was only temporary.

SOunds funny but it really was effective.

You'll nail it!!! :)

x

Thanks so much Blondelogic. That makes so much sense. I'll try that too. Water on board and decided no more alcohol from today. Trying no carbs from the weekend. Here I go! :)

Hello all. I started (again) yesterday - picked up packs and got weighed (gulp) but that was it as my counsellor was unwell so her partner was holding the fort. No class, no inspiration, so back to minimins for some group support as that always helps. Thanks in advance and good luck fellow July ;)sufferers;) no I mean starters! xx

Hello Dale welcome on board! I am sure that you will take strength from all the good advice you will get on here. We're all in this together. Positive thoughts you will get through this. Best of luck!

Back