Julz journey to a thinner me!

Julz

Silver Member
Well I am absolutly amazed and impressed by all of your stories, you really are such a bunch of supportive and sweet girls. I have been reading your diaries and I am so pleased to have found them.

I am on day 16 of my LL journey today and I have found it challenging at times, I had been keeping a paper diary as I felt shy about joining a blog bu decided to bite the bullet.

:welcome2:

Welcome julz. Glad u found us too. I was nervous of joining in aswll but the girls are fantabulous. Good luck on your journey Hun. I'll look forward to reading all about it. Xxxxxxx

Hey lovely welcome, good luck on your Journey, I look forward to hearing how it's going for you! Don't be shy this is the best place for inspiration and support xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome Julz, this site is a great source of support and info from the lovely folk on here. I have found it amazing over the last few weeks and wish I joined in sooner too.

Good luck on your LL journey, look forward to finding out how you get on!! xx

Thanks ladies I appreciate the welcome.
It's been good to read all of your diaries, quite inspirational!
Since starting this journey I have managed to pretty much avoid supermarkets, today was a real test. I went to visit a friend of mine in hospital, his neck was broken in a car accident in January, the other driver overtook on a blind corner and went straight into my friends car with his wife, daughter and grandchildren all in the car.
He is unable to walk, and will never walk again, however is now able to sit in a wheelchair for several hours a day, and is so positive and forgiving it is amazing.

Well, today I went to visit and I always take some treats for him, so I trawled up and down the chocolate and cake aisles!! I had already made a positive decision not to tempted, I really surprised myself how easy I found it, not to be tempted!
I'm sure it will not always be so easy, but today feeling really motivated.
Something to do with the sunshine as well I think, making everyone smile.

Decided it is all about input and output, thinking about cutting out the middle man and sit on the loo! Seem to be peeing every hour............:)
Well at the end of day 16, staying focused

Hope you all had a good day, and enjoyed the sunshine
Jx

Hey julz, welcome to the forum. Hope you're enjoying your journey so far okay. It's good to have the possitive thoughts and you should be very proud of yourself to have not been tempted by the treats! woo hoo go you :D

Enjoy your day xx

Hey hun, hope you are doing well.

Thats awful about your friend, but well done you for avoiding the treats. Peeing comes with the LL territory, I have a new found love for my loo I spend so much time in there, thank goodness I have one downstairs. xx

Hi all, yes I'm doing ok, it has been quite hard watching people close by eating, I'm trying to make life as. Ormal as possible, but food thoughts are always there except when I'm homeand in control of what I see and do.
I'm in Essex today, went via Surrey and spent a lovely afternoon in the park with my daughter, daughter in law and 3 grandchildren ..... Having a picnic! I did well, had a bar and water, they both know about LL so were supportive, food everywhere!
Sorely tempted to get a mars bar when I bought petroltoday, but managed to talk myself out of it in time before I paid.
I'm away from home till Sat, Friday is grandaughtrrs first birthday party and royal wedding, so going to be a challenge. WI Sunday and 2nd group session so I am really looking forward to it .

Thanks again fir the support, it has been great reading the diaries, just hope I'm strong enough. Today is day 21, so have managed 3 weeks, I thinkwhen I WI it will help, I have not cheated at all so am hopeful for a good loss to keep me on track.
Jx

Well done for avoiding food temptations! I used to always buy choc when paying for petrol, you will soon forget that was ever something you did in the past!

Good luck for you WI! Xx

Thanks I hope to , what are you doing up at 4am LadyT?
I guess the 50+ years of eating whatever , will take a long time to break.
Day 22 so officially in week 4 hooray! It's strange how I am noticing my mood changing during the day. Am defo less tolerant of everything at the moment which is not like me, dr did warn me about mood swings, I guess it will settle down too.

Thanks I hope to , what are you doing up at 4am LadyT?
I guess the 50+ years of eating whatever , will take a long time to break.
Day 22 so officially in week 4 hooray! It's strange how I am noticing my mood changing during the day. Am defo less tolerant of everything at the moment which is not like me, dr did warn me about mood swings, I guess it will settle down too.

4am is a frequent visitor to me if I am honest, this week its just becuase of everything that has happened

Stay strong hun, the mood thing does ease off! xx

Hi Julz and welcome :)

Looking forward to reading your diary

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Thanx LadyT
I have only just caught up on your diary, so sorry to read your news, it seems there are challenges around for all of us.
You will know that the pain will fade with time, but your good memories will necome stronger and they will get you and your daughter through these tough times.

The food memories will bring a smile to your face, and soon a chuckle when you remember little events thar mafe him precious to you

Madgax thanks for the welcome too, this really is a lovely supportive site.

Well, here I am feeling pleased I avoided all the first birthday party food that has been around all day, at my grandaughters birthday and Royal wedding dayevent. I helped make it and lay it out, my daughter makes brilliant cakes and other scrummy food. found it quite hard at times with temptation everywhere.....
Stuck to plan, banana shake for breakfast, mushroom soup for lunch,bar for tea then shepherds pie.
Tough during prep,crisps, cheese, sandwiches....... Found myself plotting to stop at the shop tomorrow on the way home and getting naughty stuff, that went on over an hour with internal conversations. Managed to come to my senses, focussing on Sunday WI, my first for a week and a half. Hoping I have lost at least 5 lbs to make the sto e.
Clothing loser but not hanging, we will see.
It wil be easier at home when I cancontrol my environment, going to McDonalds yesterday as a treat for my granddaughter and friend was really tough, it smelt lovely, had a bar and water, then played with the girls to distract it worked. Luckily!

Still finding my way around the blogs and sometimes getting lost, couldn't find my own diary earlier!!!

Yesterday and today when I woke up felt my head spinning, like Ihad been drinking, went on for a good few hours, not sure if that is LL or something else, anyone any ideas? It was horrible.
Jx

Thanx LadyT
I have only just caught up on your diary, so sorry to read your news, it seems there are challenges around for all of us.
You will know that the pain will fade with time, but your good memories will necome stronger and they will get you and your daughter through these tough times.

The fond memories will bring a smile to your face, and soon a chuckle when you remember little events thar mafe him precious to you

Well, here I am feeling pleased I avoided all the first birthday party food that has been around all day, at my grandaughters birthday and Royal wedding dayevent. I helped make it and lay it out, my daughter makes brilliant cakes and other scrummy food. found it quite hard at times with temptation everywhere.....
Stuck to plan, banana shake for breakfast, mushroom soup for lunch,bar for tea then shepherds pie.
Tough during prep,crisps, cheese, sandwiches....... Found myself plotting to stop at the shop tomorrow on the way home and getting naughty stuff, that went on over an hour with internal conversations. Managed to come to my senses, focussing on Sunday WI, my first for a week and a half. Hoping I have lost at least 5 lbs to make the sto e.
It wil be easier at home when I cancontrol my environment, going to McDonalds yesterday as a treat for my granddaughter and friend was really tough, it smelt lovely, had a bar and water, then played with the girls to distract it worked. Luckily!

Still finding my way around the blogs and sometimes getting lost, couldn't find my own diary earlier!!!

Yesterday and today when I woke up felt my head spinning, like Ihad been drinking, went on for a good few hours, not sure if that is LL or something else, anyone any ideas? It was horrible.
Jx

Julz said:
Thanx LadyT

The food memories will bring a smile to your face, and soon a chuckle when you remember little events thar mafe him precious to you

Jx

That should have read Fond memories not Food memories, dear oh dear Food on the brain!

Hey lovely thanks, lol I worked our what i meant, my iPhone does that quite often changing the words and chuffin food always seems to be the word it likes the most ?

The battle you had and won with yourself is more about your existing habits. As time goes on they do become less frequent. I was a secret eater and would find excuses to go to the shop just to stock up on stuff all of which would be consumed that evening! I was also terrible when it came to the petrol station omg I would fund it impossible not to buy choc now I dint even think about it! I'm sure there is a saying about doing things so many times to break a habit I think that is what's happened to me now and hopefully will to you too.

You will soon find your way round the forum

Have a good day ? xx

Last edited:
Hello Julz,

Tracked down your diary, not in the normal place. I had to go looking lol Enjoyed catching up with it. Thanks for the input into my diary, much appreciated. Will be able to return the favour now :)

Hope all is going well xx

Julz journey to a thinner me

Thank you lovely ladies for all your support, Clarabow and LadyT you're not the only one who can't find my blog!!! Note to self, bookmark the page!
Not that this helps on the iPhone!

Day 30
Having a bit of a strange week, finally feeling a little better, it's been over a week since it started, an inner ear infection, not much fun :mad:
Went to the GP Wed, now on antibiotics, anti sickness tablets, and nasal spray, pure delight..............At least the room is not spinning, and I can look at my laptop screen for more than 2 minutes.
Bit of bad news, I changed my GP when old one would not complete medical form for LL so had to pay £60, at new surgery nurse said she would fill in monthly check form and was supportive, her friend did LL a couple of years ago and has maintained. GP filled the form in Wed, but said they would not do it on a monthly basis. So now need to find another way to stay on LL. I have heard some pharmacies will fill in the form, so will have to check it out. :mad:

Challenges this week, trying hard to work out what my triggers are?
Had a good day Tuesday back to work :cry:, after the long break and lots of Bank Holidays, meeting with a customer, had managed to produce a report just in time due to vertigo/ear infection. Thought the meeting went well, my Director was there and seemed pleased, then yesterday at work the General Manager relayed a conversation he had with the Director the day before, to say how impressed she was with the way I managed the meeting, the report and answered confidently all of their questions with useful information, held my ground on difficult issues! Great, it would have been good to hear it from her! Still, at least I know what she thinks.:sigh:

Thursday drove my friend and her sister to The Fat Duck in Bray for her 50th birthday meal, I had offered to be taxi a few weeks ago, I did not go in, apart from LL, the meals cost £160 per head, plus wine and it is 14 courses long..............
They enjoyed it, I went to my brother's house and had a catch up which was great.
Luckily the tablets had kicked in and wobbly head under control. Felt ok, no issues around food, had my bar and drink and felt focused.
Really tired, got to bed at 1am.
Friday, worked from home, bit tired but ok, until about 3pm. All of a sudden, black mood came over me from nowhere, and really grumpy.
Went to fridge, resisted (no food in there only bars), had a drink, checked and responded to some blogs which helped.
Carried on working, had mushroom soup at 4pm, by 6pm I was beside myself, not hungry, just want food!
Sod it, had a bar, so now have eaten all packs for the day, its going to be a long night!!!
7pm, earache has now moved into my jaw and teeth are jangling, more water with fruits of the forest, ah it was a sweet craving.
Decided to have a bath, sat there and bawled my eyes out, why? No reason at all?????????
I am losing weight, so why??????????
Gone to bed, brought LL books with me, feeling calmer.

At least the anti sickness/anti room spinning tablets made me sleep, had 6 straight hours last night, first time I have slept that long in over 6 months, I'm tired!

Think I'm just feeling sorry for myself :wave_cry:
Oh, and my menopause tropical moments seem to have started again during the day, deep joy!

Ramblings over for the day, hope everyone has a good WI and a great weekend.
Jx

This diet can be tough at the best of times - but when we are feeling unwell it can be a real challenge.

You are doing really, really well.

Stay strong, focus on your goals and the weight will melt off fast.

LLT is the most difficult and easy diet of them all - we experience an emotional roller coaster as we lose.

The group work will help you with this, so write these feelings in your book and take it to your next session.

Good luck - keep posting - loads of help, advice and empathy on here!! xx

Wow lots of positives in your message which is great but the craving of food totally understand. I am on week 14 I think lol easy to lose track, but a few weeks ago boy did I struggle. I couldn't really associate it with anything either it was more of a stubborn thought and a fixation on putting something anything in my mouth that wasn't LL related, I suppose it was a feeling if deprivation, again not sure why. I managed to battle with the thought but trying on my goal jeans and online shopping, keeping busy anyway I could. It's strange but a few have mentioned something similar so maybe it's just a natural progression on this journey and a way of teaching us to cope with food for the future.

Stay strong, stick with it hun xx

Back