Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

Day 4 - UD

I know I said I wasn't going to weigh until next Tuesday but I couldn't help myself - 207.8lbs!!!!! I can hardly believe it. The reason I wanted to weigh today was that something was playing on my mind. I have a confession to make.

After I'd posted my last UD food I had the late night munchies and ended up eating half a small buttered baguette, a Bueno bar and finished off the bag of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Pebbles which makes this loss even more remarkable to me. My lesson from this is that I know I got the munchies because of the alcohol earlier in the evening and I gave in because my resistance was lower for the same reason. The other lesson is to try not to have chocolate in the house because if it's there I find it hard to resist whereas if it's not there it doesn't bother me. As I've said, I do want to stick to healthy eating on my UDs and if I really feel like a treat I can buy one - but just the one so I don't start and fail to stop after one. Feel better having confessed to that.

Anyway, no headache this morning and just had my first coffee of the day. Going to go and have my breakfast now. Have a great day everyone.

Sounds like JUDDD is working for you Cate, hope the headache has gone x

You have also learned that if you do have that little binge on an UD it isn't the end of the world and won'd derail the week. Well done!

Day 4 - UD

I know I said I wasn't going to weigh until next Tuesday but I couldn't help myself - 207.8lbs!!!!! I can hardly believe it. The reason I wanted to weigh today was that something was playing on my mind. I have a confession to make.

After I'd posted my last UD food I had the late night munchies and ended up eating half a small buttered baguette, a Bueno bar and finished off the bag of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Pebbles which makes this loss even more remarkable to me. My lesson from this is that I know I got the munchies because of the alcohol earlier in the evening and I gave in because my resistance was lower for the same reason. The other lesson is to try not to have chocolate in the house because if it's there I find it hard to resist whereas if it's not there it doesn't bother me. As I've said, I do want to stick to healthy eating on my UDs and if I really feel like a treat I can buy one - but just the one so I don't start and fail to stop after one. Feel better having confessed to that.

Anyway, no headache this morning and just had my first coffee of the day. Going to go and have my breakfast now. Have a great day everyone.

That's brilliant that your small blip didn't affect your weight loss - v honest of u to post that too but no need to call it a confession - bet lots of us here do that!

Fully understand about not storing treats at home - I'm true to my sign in name - some days I can cope others ,,,,,,,,,!

Glad your headache's gone and you're in your stride & doing really well!

Well done honey as KB says one little blip won't be a killer. Before I 5:2'd if I had a bad day I used to think well that's the week screwed & binge for the rest of the week until weigh in when I'd gained 3-4lbs. Now the worst I did was a 2 dayer (we shall ignore my bday week off here ;)) & actually still lost that week albeit only 1lb. Cate this works of that I can assure you x

Good for you for confessing cate and great news it hasn't affected your loss! I was so surprised by what I ate in Rome and I still lost! Wish that would happen for me now :) feeling like I need to be stricter at the moment not sure why..

Day 4 - UD

8am - coffee with milk
9.00am - two slices of rye bread with homemade egg mayo (two eggs mashed with 1 x tblsp of full fat mayo and 1 x tblsp of full fat Greek yoghurt and a finely diced slice of crispy streaky bacon and some chives); coffee with milk
11.00am - coffee with milk
1pm - six buttered oat cakes spread with butter bean and pesto dip from Sainsbury's; bowl of blueberries and strawberries with full fat Green yoghurt with 2 x tsp of soft dark brown sugar; glass of water
4.30pm - two sticks of celery with homemade tzatziki dip and two buttered cream crackers with cheddar; Coke Zero
6.30pm - sliver of chocolate cake at mum's for sister-in-law's birthday
8.30pm - one minced beef kebab, two slices of ham, serving of Sainsbury's Taste the Difference coleslaw and average size of portion of the mixed veg brown basmati rice that I made the other day fried in a bit of olive oil; a 'normal' sized slice of chocolate cake (we brought some home with us)

Reading that food log back that seems like A LOT of food today. I have no idea of calories as I'm not counting them. Am taking a lead from Weebuns as I don't want to be counting calories for the rest of my life. Just trying to be relatively healthy and hope that the calories will take care of themselves. Feeling very satisfied now (9.30pm) and there will be no chance of me getting the munchies tonight. Will just have another couple of large glasses of water. I wasn't really that hungry tonight. I ate a proper evening meal mainly because I know I'm fasting tomorrow and I was worried that if I didn't eat tonight, I wouldn't make it through tomorrow. Not sure if that was the right thing or the wrong thing to do. Anyway, overall, very pleased with my day. Hope everyone else has had a good one. :)

Looks like a good day - and I think it's a really good idea to feel ur way around the amount u need to eat to achieve the losses ur looking for plus calorie counting is so laborious!!

I'm hoping to do the 5:2 fast whilst I'm hols - not sure if it'll work out but I did my first 'trial' fast day today and found it ok (ish!) but as I think u said - it's good to know I can eat more 2moro!

Looks like a good day - and I think it's a really good idea to feel ur way around the amount u need to eat to achieve the losses ur looking for plus calorie counting is so laborious!!

I'm hoping to do the 5:2 fast whilst I'm hols - not sure if it'll work out but I did my first 'trial' fast day today and found it ok (ish!) but as I think u said - it's good to know I can eat more 2moro!

That's the difference, for me, between this and Exante. Because the whole idea of Exante is that it's an every day thing I didn't have that feeling that all I had to do was hold out for another few hours and then I could go to bed, wake up and eat. On JUDDD, knowing this has strengthened my resolve not to cheat on my DDs. Also on Exante, even the cheats became boring because I did try to make it no carb so was limited to meat, cheese and eggs. So far I am very happy with JUDDD. Hope it continues.

I have never done vlcd although when I was desperate & stuck at 12:5 I bought 2 weeks of exante & told myself that if I didn't get it moving that's what I was going to do but deep down I knew I couldn't do it. 5:2 works for me cos I know whatever I want I can have it tomorrow & in 20 weeks I've not failed a fast although do admit to a 700 cal one once

I have never done vlcd although when I was desperate & stuck at 12:5 I bought 2 weeks of exante & told myself that if I didn't get it moving that's what I was going to do but deep down I knew I couldn't do it. 5:2 works for me cos I know whatever I want I can have it tomorrow & in 20 weeks I've not failed a fast although do admit to a 700 cal one once

Wow that's impressive Lexie - also thinking of that may just strengthen my resolve during those weak moments - thanks for sharing!

Day 5 - DD

So, last DD of the week. Two UDs to come over the weekend. Got up early as James has a friend here today and I wanted to make the place look a bit more presentable before he turned up! So did about an hour of housework, got some ironing done and started on the several loads of washing that will need to get done today and then got myself and James into the shower. Made the boys bacon butties for breakfast about 9am and had an Exante vanilla shake myself. Then up to feed the cats and just back and having my first coffee of the day. Strangely, I found myself thinking that I might manage a 20 min session on the rebounder shortly. Very odd because I NEVER feel like exercising. Oooo errr!

Ooo that's interesting.. An urge to exercise can only be a good thing :)

Day 5 - DD

6.45pm - Up and water
9.00am - Exante shake
10.00am - Coffee with milk
1.00pm - Coffee with milk
4.00pm - Bouillon
6.00pm - Exante shake

Good day as haven't wavered from the fast but was feeling very hungry about 4pm. Didn't fancy a coffee as wanted something savoury so had a Marigold bouillon instead. 9pm now and, like the first day, am feeling hungry and could and would really like to eat but nothing I can't cope with. Will fill up on water. Got my evenings TV viewing sorted so that will distract me. Made James a spag bol tonight. It smelt gorgeous. There's enough for another serving. Can see me having it for breakfast! So glad that I've got two UDs to look forward to.

Last edited:
Hi TC sounds like this is working for you. Fab losses so far!

Keeping an eye on your losses as I might consider this if STS continues xxx

Day 6 - UD

Just started my day. Funny that you wake up after a down day not feeling like you could eat a scabby horse even if you've felt hungry the day before and have been wanting to eat. BBQ planned for later. Looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Last edited:
Day 5 - UD Just started my day. Funny that you wake up after a down day not feeling like you could eat a scabby horse even if you've felt hungry the day before and have been wanting to eat. BBQ planned for later. Looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Oo enjoy your up weekend :) x

So glad you have found a plan that works better for you Cate. You sound quite liberated lol x

Back