Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

Thanks for the reply Cate and good luck! I think if u can have any loss in your first week or even stay the same when switching from VLCD then u have done so well even a tiny gain could b seen as a success when switching in my book! Like u say next week and the week after will b a truer reflection on how well the diet works!

Good luck with the weigh in!! Xxx

Day 9 - UD
208.4lbs!!!!! That's 3.6lbs off this week - well in eight days. I am so pleased especially as I've probably gained some water weight too. Really happy with how this diet is going for me. When I look back at what I've eaten it amounts to so much more in terms of calories, not to mention carbs, than my cheats on Exante yet my losses had slowed to just 1-2lbs a week. How is that possible? The body is a weird thing. The other thing is that, I know you always get a bigger loss the first week of any diet but I can't really see how this could be classed as the first week seeing as how I've been dieting for 13 weeks now. Feeling on a bit of a high now. Plan for the week is to keep going but try to have less rubbish on my UDs. Just having a coffee now (9.20am) and not feeling particularly hungry. Have to go out in 20 mins to take James to his golf camp. Will drop in and feed the cats on the way home and then have breakfast when I get home, probably about 10.30am. Will enjoy the next hour thinking about what I feel like. Wishing everyone a great day. :D

Day 9 - UD
208.4lbs!!!!! That's 3.6lbs off this week - well in eight days. I am so pleased especially as I've probably gained some water weight too. Really happy with how this diet is going for me. When I look back at what I've eaten it amounts to so much more in terms of calories, not to mention carbs, than my cheats on Exante yet my losses had slowed to just 1-2lbs a week. How is that possible? The body is a weird thing. The other thing is that, I know you always get a bigger loss the first week of any diet but I can't really see how this could be classed as the first week seeing as how I've been dieting for 13 weeks now. Feeling on a bit of a high now. Plan for the week is to keep going but try to have less rubbish on my UDs. Just having a coffee now (9.20am) and not feeling particularly hungry. Have to go out in 20 mins to take James to his golf camp. Will drop in and feed the cats on the way home and then have breakfast when I get home, probably about 10.30am. Will enjoy the next hour thinking about what I feel like. Wishing everyone a great day. :D

Well done - that's a great week and u seem to be enjoying it too - as u say it's not a first week so all bodes well for the future too.

Well done cate! I think that with VLCD your body goes into starvation mode so hangs onto everything it can get. When you eat real food again and a decent number of calories it can start being normal again. It's like it breathes a sigh of relief. I think intermittent fasting is the way to go to be honest x

Back now and deciding what to have for breakfast. The thing is I really want to want a bacon sandwich or something along those lines, but I just don't!! Think it's going to be fruit and yoghurt and maybe a couple of oatcakes.

Brilliant news, Cate, well done! That will be great motivation for the next week.

Well done - that's a great week and u seem to be enjoying it too - as u say it's not a first week so all bodes well for the future too.

Well done cate! I think that with VLCD your body goes into starvation mode so hangs onto everything it can get. When you eat real food again and a decent number of calories it can start being normal again. It's like it breathes a sigh of relief. I think intermittent fasting is the way to go to be honest x

Thanks everyone. I hope I continue in the same vein. The diet is so doable. I love the flexibility and the feeling that I'm not wearing a hair shirt - figuratively speaking of course!!

Just read through ur Judd diary.

Wow! Ur doing so well. High 5 for the loss this week!!

You've made me question when I should switch to some kind of fasting diet. Maybe I could return to VLCD in Sept. In August I have:

a triathlon (10th) and celebration afterwards
my birthday (12th)
hub home for 2 weeks (15th-30th)
wedding anniversary (21st)
3 nights in hotel in Wales (not sure exact dates)
family get together at my house for long weekend (22nd-25th)

That's a heck of a lot of "I'm not hungry or no, I'm not drinking cos I'm driving' type if excuses. I can't avoid any of those occasions.

Also I think I'd love exercising more if I had some fuel in my tank!

I'm scared incase I can't control what I eat. VLCD is easy in that respect because there's no decision making other than which product.

Hmmmm... Lots to think about!

Quick question: full fat Greek yoghurt and butter. Obviously a conscious decision n much tastier. Are you avoiding all low fat/cal products? Sorry to have posted a long thing! X

Great news Cate, well done! So pleased JUDDD is working out for you x

Just read through ur Judd diary.

Wow! Ur doing so well. High 5 for the loss this week!!

You've made me question when I should switch to some kind of fasting diet. Maybe I could return to VLCD in Sept. In August I have:

a triathlon (10th) and celebration afterwards
my birthday (12th)
hub home for 2 weeks (15th-30th)
wedding anniversary (21st)
3 nights in hotel in Wales (not sure exact dates)
family get together at my house for long weekend (22nd-25th)

That's a heck of a lot of "I'm not hungry or no, I'm not drinking cos I'm driving' type if excuses. I can't avoid any of those occasions.

Also I think I'd love exercising more if I had some fuel in my tank!

I'm scared incase I can't control what I eat. VLCD is easy in that respect because there's no decision making other than which product.

Hmmmm... Lots to think about!

Quick question: full fat Greek yoghurt and butter. Obviously a conscious decision n much tastier. Are you avoiding all low fat/cal products? Sorry to have posted a long thing! X

Hi TH, please don't apologise for the length of your post.

FF Greek yoghurt and butter. Yes, conscious decision. I am avoiding all low fat foods as well as all polyunsaturated fats, where possible, having read about how they become unstable in our bodies as they heat up. Only butter, olive oil, coconut oil or lard for me from now on! (Ghee is also fine). Scary thoughts for a generation brought up on the low fat myth but frankly, that's all it is the more you read about it. Rosemary Conley has a lot to answer for!

Re. the rest of your musings, I'm not here to influence anyone to any particular diet as everyone is different. All I know is that this is really suiting me. I get you being worried about not being able to control your eating but it's not really like that because it's not like you have free rein. Every other day you have to be really strict with yourself. Yes, it's a learning curve and you'll have seen that I probably ate more on a couple of my UDs than I should have but have still lost and I'm sure it'll settle down. For example, this morning I really wanted to want a bacon buttie for breakfast but just didn't fancy it. Other people report that the longer you're on this, your taste buds and outlook change so you don't want to go mad on your UDs and eat a load of rubbish. However, the beauty is that if you want chocolate, cake, takeaways etc, you can and you don't need to feel guilty and that you've blown the diet because you haven't. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Has got me thinking as well, may try JUDDD when I have 2 weeks off in August. It could help me to stay focused rather then completely lose the plot and maintain rather then have a gain:hmm:

Has got me thinking as well, may try JUDDD when I have 2 weeks off in August. It could help me to stay focused rather then completely lose the plot and maintain rather then have a gain:hmm:

It would definitely be worth giving it a go to see how you get on.

Great news Cate, well done! So pleased JUDDD is working out for you x

Thanks hun. I'm loving it.

That's fantastic Cate, really pleased you got such a good result with your first weigh in with fasting :happy036: It goes to show you can eat well... and eat what you want...and still lose weight just by using fasting a few days of the week. x

Thanks Ali. Feeling really positive going into week two.

Loving reading your diary!! Im a vlcd and hoping to do some form of IF to maintain. You are doing great! Keep at it :) xx

Loving reading your diary!! Im a vlcd and hoping to do some form of IF to maintain. You are doing great! Keep at it :) xx

Thanks Goose. You've done really well and have had consistently fab losses. If I'd been losing like that I probably wouldn't have become so disillusioned with VLCDing. Having said that, it is nice to be able to eat and still lose weight.

Day 9 - UD 208.4lbs!!!!! That's 3.6lbs off this week - well in eight days. I am so pleased especially as I've probably gained some water weight too. Really happy with how this diet is going for me. When I look back at what I've eaten it amounts to so much more in terms of calories, not to mention carbs, than my cheats on Exante yet my losses had slowed to just 1-2lbs a week. How is that possible? The body is a weird thing. The other thing is that, I know you always get a bigger loss the first week of any diet but I can't really see how this could be classed as the first week seeing as how I've been dieting for 13 weeks now. Feeling on a bit of a high now. Plan for the week is to keep going but try to have less rubbish on my UDs. Just having a coffee now (9.20am) and not feeling particularly hungry. Have to go out in 20 mins to take James to his golf camp. Will drop in and feed the cats on the way home and then have breakfast when I get home, probably about 10.30am. Will enjoy the next hour thinking about what I feel like. Wishing everyone a great day. :D

Wow! That's more then I have lost in 2 weeks on VLCD I am so impressed well done u!! I think I'm going to experiment this week and see what happens. I am a weighing in Thursday this week as it's my birthday Friday and we are going away to the seaside for the weekend. I had already decided I was going to have a cheat day Friday and Saturday to celebrate my birthday but get straight back on Sunday but what I might do is also eat Sunday get back onto it Monday and have 500 Monday - Thursday as this is what I would ideally like to do anyway and see what the scales say on my weigh in Friday. No harm done ether way as this is what I had planned anyway! I'm actually shocked u have lost so much in your first week after being on a VLCD for so long, you must be over the moon! U deserve a massive round of applause! Ha ha I bet your so motivated now arnt u? X

After much thought, I've decided to give Judd a go!

Will count today as an up day :) fingers crossed! X

Ooooo, good luck! Are you DD tomorrow then? I will be too. And are you using Exante products on your DDs?

Last edited:
Back