Just a couple of things

Fat-Boy-Slimmin

On a mission
Does anyone know if the Strictly SS Forum is still available, or is it no longer used? I've requested access, but not heard anything back yet.

I had a look around this website earlier in the year and the Cambridge area seemed really popular, but there doesn't seem to be so many people around now.

Is that normal for this time of year, or are people doing SW instead? Most of the time there seems to be 4 times more people in the SW area. :(

we tend to get bursts of new starters on cambridge. after christmas we see a surge as do other sections and of course the pre summer season, folks wanting the weight off before thier holiday.

slimming world does have more members as for many cambridge and the like are seen as last resort diets also alot see them as diets for the morbidly obese.

Yes, it's understandable about more or less people being around at different times of the year.

It's a shame people don't realise Cambridge can be for anyone at any stage though.

Yes, it's understandable about more or less people being around at different times of the year.

It's a shame people don't realise Cambridge can be for anyone at any stage though.

see the thing is until recently cambridge didnt advertise so people who wanted to lose a stone or two wouldnt have even thought of the possibility, all they know about cambridge is its a meal replacement diet so alot im sure would just discount it as a possibility for them

i know when i started thinking of weight loss in my teens cambridge never even entered my head, dispite my parents having done it ( and sold it ) in the 80's/90's. insted i went the slimming world route to start, the RC, WW, CC, SF, atkins, xenical. it was only when i was at the end of my tether did i google cambridge

have tried to get into priviate forums as well with no luck :-(

have tried to get into priviate forums as well with no luck :-(

Me too. Wonder if its still in use?

I never thought this would be something I would do either, but I'm loving it and glad I looked into it instead of just pah pahing the idea of meal replacement diets.

think you'll find that now its holiday season lots of people dont bother with cambridge or are having a break, but sure it'll get busier when christmas party season looms after the summer hols :D

Yes, I do understand about there being less people on here at different times in the year. I have nothing at all against this forum, it's just that there are currently more people on the other forum. Both forums will obviously have an increase of people after the summer holidays, but there will probably still be more people on the other forum.

More people potentially means more help and support. I'm just trying to work out which one to commit to, as I don't think I'll have time for both. :cry:

I should add that I prefer the atmosphere on this forum. It seems very friendly and I have seen no sign of bickering or arguing. At least not yet anyway. Whereas I've already seen it on the other one and there is something that doesn't feel quite right.

I also prefer the layout of the forum here.

I find this one easier to use personally. And there's information on other diets here, which you don't get on the other forum.

I felt a little uneasy in the other forum. Still trying it out though.

I now have access, but I was warned that it was rather quiet there. I am now trying to work out the best place to be.

I suppose the ideal solution would be to go and round up some people to come here. :D

Back