Just a quick question I need to know.

Mally

Good morning everyone,
I ordered my bumper pack from Exante yesterday, and received an email this morning stating my purchase would be delivered between 11:45 - 12:45. I was planning on starting Exante today, but the time at which it is going to be delivered means I will miss out on breakfast (equaling one of my three meals today). Do you suggest I eat breakfast as soon as the products arrive? Then subsequently delay lunch until later? I normally have set times for meals, and 12:45 is generally when I would be eating Lunch. What do you guys suggest? Also, am I allowed to chose whatever I want to eat for the three meals, or does one have to stick with shakes for lunch, porridge for breakfast etc? Thanks in advance.

Mally, you can choose any times of the day to have your meal replacements. The important thing is that you have had all of your meal packs by the end of the day. I typically have a shake around 7:30 and then don't have anything until 19:30 or later. You will have to find a routine that works for you, and you will only be able to do this with trial and error.

nix

Oh right, so there is no so called general 'routine' everyone needs to follow? Right then, I will have my breakfast when the delivery man arrives. :D
Thanks Nix.

Oh right, I will try everything now as my package just came now. Feeling really optimistic about it all. Cannot wait to begin living 'normally'. x

Good luck mally i also got my pack today.and have had my first shake xx exciting.isn't it i.have.lots.of.weight.to lose good.luck xxx

Good luck mally i also got my pack today.and have had my first shake xx exciting.isn't it i.have.lots.of.weight.to lose good.luck xxx

Good luck to you to, I know we can both do it. I too have tried the shakes today (well the vanilla one). If I am being brutally honest, I found it really difficult to drink, I felt as though I was downing a cup of butter, or grease. I then mixed it with coffee which I found much more pleasant. I then tried the toffee bar which I also found horrible, it was really grainy and left an unpalatable taste in my mouth. I am shooting for the stars this evening and trying out the Thai chicken soup (fingers well and truly crossed). Lets see how this go's. :)

You will get used to the flavours, and you may find that you can accept some more than others!! I really only have chocolate & vanilla (made with coffee). I hope that you weighed and measured today, as this will help with inspiration later on :)

You will get used to the flavours, and you may find that you can accept some more than others!! I really only have chocolate & vanilla (made with coffee). I hope that you weighed and measured today, as this will help with inspiration later on :)

I did indeed, thanks for the support. I do hope so, I struggled to drink it. I just finished (or nearly did) the Thai chicken soup, which I also found exceptionally hard to eat, I really disliked the sweetness, and taste really. I have heard the flavors grow on you, I sure do hope so. :)

By the way, can anyone let me know if I am allowed to use spices and herbs at my own discretion? i.e, are they a complete no-no when it comes to Exante, or can you use as much as you would like of them. Things such as chilli, cinnamon, nutmeg, parsley, basil etc?

I'm pretty sure that spices/herbs are all ok... I think that your taste buds adjust over a period of time, but you may find at your next order you pick out only a few. I can't have soups at all!!

Do you know what Nix, that is EXACTLY what I am planning on doing. To be honest I have not yet tried the remit of products but I can tell from my first experiences they are not going to be foods I desire. I am really pleased to hear I can use herbs and spices to 'dampen' for use of a better word, the taste of the products, lets see how well I fair now. :D
Nix, do you by any chance know if drinking things such as black coffee and black tea slow down the weight loss of a person on Exante? Yesterday morning I was quite literally gagging at the vanilla shake so poured in enough coffee so I could no longer taste the flavor of the shake. If I were to do this everyday would it hinder my results, as surely they must add up calories, especially if I was planning on drinking 20 a day?

You can drink tea and coffee on any VLCD

Okay, I suppose it does not make a drastic difference otherwise they would not be allowed. Thanks Starlight.

Brilliant news! I definitely will NOT be having them with any 'extras'. Leaving aside the coffee's and tea's, I must be getting through over 4 liters a day of straight water (and I am excluding the water used to make up shakes, soups and porridge etc.) :D

Mally

There are no calories at all in black tea or coffee.

I would have to say though that 20 cups a day sounds excessive! :eek:........all that caffeine!

Mally

There are no calories at all in black tea or coffee.

I would have to say though that 20 cups a day sounds excessive! :eek:........all that caffeine!

I had no idea that black coffee and tea had zero calories in them that explains a lot actually. And no, no I am having four + liters of water only (not coffee). On top of that I am having the water to mix the powders, and possibly a coffee or tea. As much as I love coffee, I doubt very highly I would be able to consume 20 cups a day of the stuff, ahahaha.
:giggle:

Do you know what Nix, that is EXACTLY what I am planning on doing. To be honest I have not yet tried the remit of products but I can tell from my first experiences they are not going to be foods I desire. I am really pleased to hear I can use herbs and spices to 'dampen' for use of a better word, the taste of the products, lets see how well I fair now. :D
Nix, do you by any chance know if drinking things such as black coffee and black tea slow down the weight loss of a person on Exante? Yesterday morning I was quite literally gagging at the vanilla shake so poured in enough coffee so I could no longer taste the flavor of the shake. If I were to do this everyday would it hinder my results, as surely they must add up calories, especially if I was planning on drinking 20 a day?

Glad to know this was a typo then! I assume you meant 2 not 20? :)

I used to like the bars but all of a sudden i cant stand them and i find them powdery , i am also in the minority cos i dont like the porridge either it is better with cinnamon or nutmeg though ! i am pretty sure you can have the tesco ultra slim bars instead and if anyone knows for sure can you please comment! just stick with it and you will see good results good luck.

Oh no my ability to exaggerate has left me in short yet again. Darcy I really can exaggerate for England, I do it ALL the time ahaha, I tend to forget that people reading cannot pick up my exaggeration and take it as fact. Sorry about that. :S Yes, that is much more accurate, however I try to steer clearly of drinking coffee or tea at all if I can because of the caffeine in them.

With regards to the bars, I too found them powdery and they left a nasty taste in my mouth, they are like no other bar I have ever tasted ahah. I am yet to try the porridge, at present I am eating (or rather downing) all of the Thai chicken as I absolutely hate it, and want to get it out of the way as soon as possible. So far I have not liked a single thing I have eaten on Exante, I really do hope I can get used to them.

Now onto something slightly more serious. Since starting Exante yesterday I have had a general 'unwell' feeling. I almost feel sick. I am the sturdiest person going, I never take paracetamol, and can deal with pain brilliantly well. But I am experiencing something that I am finding rather hard to cope with. It is almost as though the products I am eating are not agreeing with me whatsoever, something definitely does not feel right. What I wanted to know was although Exante have sworn they use no artificial preservatives or aspartame, there appears to be an awful lot of ingredients within their products, could it be one of these which my body cannot tolerate? Is this a feeling that is shared between most people starting a meal replacement diet, and it will fade away in a few days? It definitely is not a feeling of hunger, as can very easily deal with that. Nor is it being on a VLCD as I have experienced VLCD's before and have not felt this bad. Has anyone else had this problem? Are any of the products considered 'easier' than others on the stomach, say for example the porridge? I really, REALLY, REALLY do not want to give this up, I know it works, and I have spent quite a bit of money already. What can you lovely people suggest?
It is actually concerning me.

Thanks.

Back