Just ate and ate -- all my plate!

nina

Silver Member
now i made delicious chili con carne homemade (with more beans than meat and no added fats)...and over the course of the evening ate 3 bowls topped with rice and sweetcorn...

yes its a green day...

I have had all my HE and 11 syns

but tbh, i feel like a fat cow -- how could this feeling lead to a weightloss this week?????????????

I should know that from the past these type of carbs have only bloated me up to the balloon I have become and hopefully soon enuf will will get rid of as well!

This is exactly how I feel! I don't understand how it can work. But there are plenty of people who have done it and it has worked for them.... I'm a huge carb lover. I guess the only way is to try it and see! Let's hope we both eat and eat and get slim from doing so lol!

Emerald
X

i feel exactly the same yesturday i was such a pig but in an aloud way! weird huh!
x

ohh i have chilli con carni last night... it was delish.... but im the same as you ive yet to see the weight come off me from eating lots. but they all seem to say it works

I am a carb-er too. My body doesn't seem to like me cutting them out so I stick to the green days and they have worked for me so far. Yesterday I took a massive bowl of pasta to work for my dinner and I struggled to get through it but I did and it kept me feeling full for the rest of the night. And it has had no adverse affect on the scales this morning

Thanks everyone for answering my urgent question!!!!!!!!

This is exactly how I feel! I don't understand how it can work. But there are plenty of people who have done it and it has worked for them.... I'm a huge carb lover. I guess the only way is to try it and see! Let's hope we both eat and eat and get slim from doing so lol!

Emerald
X

yes i love carbs to death -- but thats how i got big in the first place, isnt it?

i feel exactly the same yesturday i was such a pig but in an aloud way! weird huh!
x

well keep up the great work -- to the finish line!

beans contain loads of fibre and fibre aids weightloss, so chilli is the perfect dish to poo the weight off!!!

yes, you mentioned you only do green days cuz ur vegetarian...do you have a diet diary (so I can peek at ur menus!)

ohh i have chilli con carni last night... it was delish.... but im the same as you ive yet to see the weight come off me from eating lots. but they all seem to say it works

well hope it starts soon -- but I thin I may need to increase my activity level...so will take advantage of today's sunny weather, and will get out walking!

I am a carb-er too. My body doesn't seem to like me cutting them out so I stick to the green days and they have worked for me so far. Yesterday I took a massive bowl of pasta to work for my dinner and I struggled to get through it but I did and it kept me feeling full for the rest of the night. And it has had no adverse affect on the scales this morning

wow, unlimited pasta is a carb lovers' dream -- and you have done so well on your weightloss over just a few months! are you exercising?

________

let's move onto a new day...in a new way...

It's not been just a few months! It's been a few years! I do martial arts, 5-6 hours a week but I didn't start that til after I'd lost a couple of stone

did you use meat as a HEXB or use quorn?
Tnx

It's not been just a few months! It's been a few years! I do martial arts, 5-6 hours a week but I didn't start that til after I'd lost a couple of stone

woohoo --> I love it when I hear women empowering themselves with martial arts! that's great -- bet u look buff (thats cool)!

I just ordered tae boe dvds from ebay...I know I will feel great as the weeks pass!

did you use meat as a HEXB or use quorn?
Tnx

I used the meat as HE -- but quorn sounds like a good idea...

Eddie, what days do you tend to stick with?

I'm going to make a chilli tonight now after all this! Lots of kidney beans and rice yum! Do you lot use a packet of powder to make your chilli? That's the way I'm used to doing it but now think that might be a very unhealthy option.....

Emerald
X

it's really easy to make your own. this is how i make it...

- 'fry' onions and garlic in a little water until softened
- add passata, tomato puree, chilli powder, paprika, teaspoon of marmite or bovril and any other herbs and spices you fancy
- add quorn mince and kidney beans (could also add a tin of mixed beans in chilli sauce)
- add sweetener, salt and pepper to taste

takes about 5 minutes to chuck that lot together then just simmer until ready to eat.

i make my chilli with passata/chopped tomatoes, red kidney beans, salt and pepper, chilli powder, teaspoon of sweetener as the tomatoes are bitter without it. I use quorn mince too so all in all, a good tasty free meal (on green if you have your rice).

Sharing my recipe_if you like

just remember 3 spices - cumin, red plepper flakes or chilli powder, and oregeno (flakes or ground) --> I always have these in my cupboard cuz i love latino food!

i make my chilli from scratch -- soak beans overnight...

in the morning boil 3 times and throw water each cuz these beans can be poisonous (really!) then boil for 2 hours (water may need to be added).

saute mince with onion garlic (2 onions and 1/2 head of garlic)

throw mince into beans, add spices and salt now -- add cut up tomatoes (fresh or tinned)

simmer another hour...and then mash up with a potatoe masher!

I am american -- and chilli is my comfort food! its meant to be an all day cooking process...usually done in a slow cooker!

__ thats my recipe................mmmm, think I will have some leftovers for lunch!!!

enjoy yours!

and now that I wrote all of this out...I am proud to say I staved of the chocolate monster!!!!!!!!!

Back