just back from a bbq...

tess88

have very mixed feelings...i'm on day 8 of SS after an 11lbs loss and although i have finally stopped feeling physically hungry (it took all week :(), i still cannot stop thinking about food. the bbq was torture, i don't really like meat but i could've eaten everything there! i did have a small piece of plain chicken, and feel guilty even for having that. feel like i'm losing my grip and not sure how much longer i can hold on in 'real life' - social situations and even the lunch hour at work are driving me insane. help!

I felt like that today whilst doing my weekly shop.
I could smell the bread baking (supermarkets are so crafty aren't they?)
This has really been my first situation facing food and the shopping is usually a time when I would be buying my secret stash of goodies.
I phoned my CDC whilst going round Asda told how I was feeling and she talked to me. She told me not to deprive myself and have alittle bit of chicken or fish etc so I bought myself a small piece of salmon and focused on having that when I got home.
Needless to say, when I got home and was away from temptation I never had the salmon!!!
Mind over matter, I know thats hard, really I do but it has worked for me today.
Good luck to me and you for week 2 xx

Hi Tess88
You've done well not to lose it at the bbq. I've been in many similar situations over the last few weeks where I could of eaten everything in site its hard. The way I've got through it is to think if I eat then in an hour or two when the guilt kicks in it won't of been worth it where as if I don't give in to temptation I can feel positive and face another day of weight loss. Remember this isn't forever and it won't be long (especially after your brilliant weight loss so far) before you're at a bbq looking slim and beautiful, wearing the outfit of your dreams, feeling good and enjoying your food for what it is!! Remember nothing feels as good as getting slimmer feels. Stick with it you can do it. X

Hi tess88 - if you are struggling and playing head-games about food, why not move to the SS+? I started this week and decided not to go SS as I knew I would feel exactly how you do. I like having a meal to look forward to, and I've got used to it being chicken / fish and low carb veg - & it is definitely working. I'm in ketosis, dont have hunger pains anymore and can manage my day as I know I have a sociable meal to look forward to. I eat with everyone else and haven't envied their food (too much!). I just remind myself that this is my choice, for my reasons and my gain. I'll keep you posted on how I get on with weight loss on SS+ - it might just be a better option for you. Good luck & regards. Tracey

thanks everyone for your support...i am torn about SS+ really - the plain chicken i had last night was horrible so i wonder if i'm better with nothing at all! hmm, some thinking to do. still, today should be easy as i'm busy as should sunday. just another bbq on sat to contend with. am going to take some coke zero with me, even just a small bottle i think.

I felt like that today whilst doing my weekly shop.
I could smell the bread baking (supermarkets are so crafty aren't they?)
This has really been my first situation facing food and the shopping is usually a time when I would be buying my secret stash of goodies.
I phoned my CDC whilst going round Asda told how I was feeling and she talked to me. She told me not to deprive myself and have alittle bit of chicken or fish etc so I bought myself a small piece of salmon and focused on having that when I got home.
Needless to say, when I got home and was away from temptation I never had the salmon!!!
Mind over matter, I know thats hard, really I do but it has worked for me today.
Good luck to me and you for week 2 xx

Mrs L does that; she'll buy a bottle of wine when she does the shop. She doesn't drink it; it just goes on the rack.

Back