Just been on the VLCD forum...

IrishMum

A little of everything!
and I'm horrified how many people are doing their own VLCD's and thinking they're doing it healthily. Seriously. Some of them are having a yoghurt for breakfast, some veg for lunch & dinner, and drinking gallons of water. Some members have pointed out how dangerous (& idiotic!) this is but the response is usually along the lines of "But I've lost Xlbs in three weeks doing it like this", maybe- but at what cost to your health!?!?!?! Arghhh.....:mad::mad::mad:
Sorry..it just got to me. I won't be going there again.

I totally agree, I couldnt do a diet like this without knowing it wasnt going to damage my health, thats why I like being looked after by the pharmacy and being able to phone LT every time I have a question. Id rather stay fat than damage my health lol

Lets face it though we've all been there and done some mad diets. I know I have. I tried everything from cabbage soup, fruit only, nibbling every 20 mins to weight watchers, F plan and back again before I discovered LT...... and had the inevitable yo yo weight gain after all of them. I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

Lets face it though we've all been there and done some mad diets. I know I have. I tried everything from cabbage soup, fruit only, nibbling every 20 mins to weight watchers, F plan and back again before I discovered LT...... and had the inevitable yo yo weight gain after all of them. I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

LOL! I have done all them too! And the scarsdale, atkins, food combining, and probably more.....nuts really!!!

It is upsetting and frustrating reading some of the posts and opinions:(

However you'll have noticed that the vast majority of the posters are very young and I know that in my teens and early 20's I thought I'd be fine undereating to lose weight and had no idea of what damage I could do to myself, I think when you're young you just presume you'll live forever etc. and bad things happen to other people.

Something else I've noticed is that most if not all the people who invent their own vlcd's dont post about them for long, perhaps its because they dont stick to them for more than a couple of weeks:confused: I've certainly not seen any in the maintainance forum.

Tracey
x

....and Jenny Craig, Sugarbusters, grapefruit diet, slimming pills, harley Street injections..........I've done 'em all as well as Slimming Club, Slimming World, WW, Atkins, F-plan......you get my drift!!!!!!

It is upsetting and frustrating reading some of the posts and opinions:(

Something else I've noticed is that most if not all the people who invent their own vlcd's dont post about them for long, perhaps its because they dont stick to them for more than a couple of weeks:confused: I've certainly not seen any in the maintainance forum.

Tracey
x
Very true!;)

I've been there too with all the faddy diets etc, but what got to me was the fact that they're simply not eating- they're almost completley starving themselves and kidding themselves that its okay. With any fad diet I ever tried, at least I was eating something (be it grapefruits, peanut butter, soup etc. etc.!)
Ah well...

Last edited:
Very true!;)

I've been there too with all the faddy diets etc, but what got to me was the fact that they're simply not eating- they're almost completley starving themselves and kidding themselves that its okay. With any fad diet I ever tried, at least I was eating something (be it grapefruits, peanut butter, soup etc. etc.!)
Ah well...

True.

I talk to myself a lot on that thread, you may have noticed :D Sometimes I think people reckon I'm barmy the way I go on :eek:

I go from mad, to confused, to 'whatever...they wont stick to it anyway', to trying to ignore it, then back to mad again :D

LOL! I had noticed actually. ;P

The most rebellious I get on this diet is stickin a bit of pepper in my soup and it's not bad enough to throw me out of Ketosis as it's only a smidgen!

We have all been there, and I am young.. And I know I used to think not eating was the best option... I didnt eat a single thing for 2 weeks once...

Needless to say I put on the weight again after and probably more because my body clung to what ever it could!

They will learn, I certainley have

I've done these sorts of diets too and had to bear the consequences of being worn out (which I never attribulted to the diet!) and mucked up my metabolism. Okay, so my metab. probably restored, but I never knew why I was putting on weight so quick after, and put it down to so many other reasons....which screwed me up.

I do realise that I can be harsh on that thread, because I try and explain, but they don't listen. You never know though. When the going gets tough, they might do. I've also noticed that if nobody gives the neg side, people tend to congregate there...all trying to find the answer to a quick weightloss. After all, if nobody tells them it's not the best way, they may well not know.

But there's a more important reason why I reply and can sometimes be a little full on. We have many lurkers here. It's a public forum, and as such I have no doubt that we have children looking in. In fact, I know some of my primary school kids, aged 9-10 have found this forum on the look out for diet advice :( I don't want them dieting at all, but certainly not doing it with few veg and water

ive done them all and even starved myself for 2 wks in the past, theres lost of enducation on diets on the site so let them take their own responsibility for their actions, if they wanna make themselves sick let them, it will teach them a lesson xx

KD is right though. The real danger here is to the kids or lurkers reading those posts. Not a lot anyone can do but keep doing what KD is doing and address them as often as possible with accurate information! Well done KD.....keep kicking butt!

Reactions: KD
KD, I was having a look at them last night when I was nightshift, when I was asking you information on calorie counting, glycogen etc, and I had a giggle to myself, it was obvious most of them weren't listening, but great for you to persevere. Even if one person takes your advice, then its a GREAT thing you are doing.

Back to crazy diets, (no offence to Cambridge Diet) but about 25 years ago when I lived in the Nottingham area, I decided to try it. From what I can remember, it was a big pot of greyish looking powder that I had to add a few spoonfuls of to hot or cold water, and it looked like something that had been down twice and up 3 times, the colour was green too.....thankfully cambridge and lipotrim have come a long long way since then with the nice flavours.

Reactions: KD
KD is right though. The real danger here is to the kids or lurkers reading those posts. Not a lot anyone can do but keep doing what KD is doing and address them as often as possible with accurate information! Well done KD.....keep kicking butt!

Thankyou :D

KD, I was having a look at them last night when I was nightshift, when I was asking you information on calorie counting, glycogen etc, and I had a giggle to myself, it was obvious most of them weren't listening, but great for you to persevere. Even if one person takes your advice, then its a GREAT thing you are doing.

Thankyou too :) I know I'm a bit like a dog with a bone. Find it difficult to stop trying to get the message through :eek: I've learnt so much since I got to goal. Find it all fascinating and admit to being a little obsessed over it all...but it keeps me out of the larder :D

Back to crazy diets, (no offence to Cambridge Diet) but about 25 years ago when I lived in the Nottingham area, I decided to try it. From what I can remember, it was a big pot of greyish looking powder that I had to add a few spoonfuls of to hot or cold water,

I remember that. I did Cambridge right at the beginning. LT/LL and CD have certainly come a long way since those days :clap:

Back