Just call me stupid!

you werent ranting at all Sue! I think whatever works for each individual is the way to go. We all have different lives. If we were all cut from the same cloth, it would be a very boring world!

It certianly would.As i said don't beat yourself up about eating everyone who sticks to or sticks near to this diet will lose weight,maybe not as quick but it will come down.LIfes too short to be worrying about stuff.

Ok that's good - nobody fell out with me - thanks guys.

Maybe we should have an extra comment line on our personal details where we could state our prefered message when we eat something we shouldn't:

Kick Me / Hug Me.

I fully understand that falling off happens and hugs are a good thing for most people,

If I ever come on this forum and say that I've had a Pie just give me a kick hey ;)

I'll kick ya.lol:DNo but really pies i know what you mean.Hugs don't do it for me if i over eat it's cause i'm being a bit of a fat cow (thats just me everyone)I don't need a hug ,i need to stop eating.I have amazed myself this time with my own will power.If i eat "bad" food then i stop myself(good girl me:D).But as food isn't bad i eat if i really feel the urge,cause i find that i i deprive myself i'll just pig out.

We are all very different in the support we need and if someone 'kicked' me, they'd kick me straight into a large bar of chocolate. when we come on here and give support, either tough love or sympathetic hugs, we actually don't usually know the person we are giving it to, to know if it is the right way, we generally just give out what we'd like to receive if it were us in that situation.

I wish you every success Mof2G and hats off to you for being a full time mum. The days I'm in work are easy to diet, the days I'm at home (I work part time) are hard going when it comes to food. You are doing the best job in the world, plus dieting at the same time :wow:

At the end of the day though, those 2 little girls (sorry I'm presuming they're little) will benefit as much as you from a slimmer, healthier mum

I agree with Dawnyblue - better to be in control of a fall of the wagon and jump straight back on, then to beat yourself up over missing out then go mad on any food that comes your way!

But when you do fall off, what's the harm in giving a person a hug and some encouragement?

Thanks girls.. Well, I am not normally a huggy/cuddly type of person but if I could make the option of choosing 'encouragement'.. then that would be the one for me. Kicking me wouldnt work as I do that to myself enough when I do something wrong.

Dawn, thanks a million for your kind words, my two little uns are 16mths and 28mths. Its nice to have the job of SAHM recognised!

16 months and 28 months wow! my eldest 2 are 2 years apart and I was always shattered when they were little. They are so worth every bit of love, sweat and tears though aren't they.

Hope you are still doing ok!

Yep, I'm doing ok.... have my weigh in tomorrow night (had a sneak on the scales this morn)... reckon I may still have lost about 2 lbs this week so I have probably slowed things down just.

Yep... my two sure keep me on my toes, tis a lot easier than it was 12 months ago though and getting better every day. I wouldnt change it for the world!

Back