Just can't do it anymore!

FireAngel

Ladies, I don't know if I'm having a PMS day or what but I'm completely tired of this diet! I'm tired of fighting it and I eat perfectly on it I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks I don't change anything and I gain 2 lbs and I can't get it off. I eat plenty I have my menus in my diary. I'm doing good with the eating! I don't eat past 4:30 and I don't get hungry after that. I drink 2-3 liters of water a day. I workout at the gym everyday 30 minutes on the treadmill sometimes 20 5-10 minutes of ab work all the while my heart rate is still up in the fat burning zone! I DON'T HAVE RESULTS! I lead an Active lifestyle I am constantly doing something! I have lots of energy. I can't seem to concentrate though! I go to the Doctor to get my thyroids checked but Jeez! I'm about ready to throw up my hands and say forget it i'll be fat forever! I've been battling this 5 lbs for 2 whole months! I'm fuming!

Hi Angel, I'm no Dukan expert, been on it just 6 weeks but after looking at several days of your food diary I'm taking the liberty of giving my advice before you throw in the towel!

Rid your menus of ALL pork (I know the US book says it's ok but that's not the way the diet worked for all those people in France and the UK and elsewhere)
You are eating WAY too many processed foods - i.e. blackberry sauce, pudding, salad dressings, and it matters not that they claim to be fat free/sugar free. That's why we Americans got so overweight to begin with, once the products started screaming out at us FAT FREE!! SUGAR FREE!! They're full of lots of other stuff that counteracts your dieting efforts. The vinaigrette Maya from the book is nice and has no starches (which add carbs you aren't even aware of).
When you say 'turkey sausage' I assume you mean pre-made stuff? If you haven't made your own with fresh turkey and spices then don't eat it.
Prepackaged meats like ham, turkey, etc may seem harmless but they're not, they mostly contain sugar and excess carbs. I eat these in emergencies only.

I haven't read the US version of the book, only the UK version and even that one apparently veers from the original to pander to the differing tastes and products available. Try another week of the diet but stick to the plan rigorously with no extras. If that still doesn't work then you're probably right that this diet isn't for you. Good luck whatever you decide :)

I know what you mean! I struggled the first few weeks but once I found out how to be prepared it got a lot easier. I was going through packets of shaved ham and shaved chicken breast like crazy. Now I just make sure I have something in the freezer and some fresh raw meat in the fridge that I can whip up at any time. And lots of fat free plain yoghurts too - I like to add apple pie spice and sweetener, and sugar free jell-o is great to have ready in the fridge. I followed the suggestion of someone else on this forum and before it set I added about 5 tbsp plain yoghurt and then put it in the fridge. It's a nice change and it's very tasty!

Hi Angel, I'm no Dukan expert, been on it just 6 weeks but after looking at several days of your food diary I'm taking the liberty of giving my advice before you throw in the towel!

Rid your menus of ALL pork (I know the US book says it's ok but that's not the way the diet worked for all those people in France and the UK and elsewhere)
You are eating WAY too many processed foods - i.e. blackberry sauce, pudding, salad dressings, and it matters not that they claim to be fat free/sugar free. That's why we Americans got so overweight to begin with, once the products started screaming out at us FAT FREE!! SUGAR FREE!! They're full of lots of other stuff that counteracts your dieting efforts. The vinaigrette Maya from the book is nice and has no starches (which add carbs you aren't even aware of).
When you say 'turkey sausage' I assume you mean pre-made stuff? If you haven't made your own with fresh turkey and spices then don't eat it.
Prepackaged meats like ham, turkey, etc may seem harmless but they're not, they mostly contain sugar and excess carbs. I eat these in emergencies only.

I haven't read the US version of the book, only the UK version and even that one apparently veers from the original to pander to the differing tastes and products available. Try another week of the diet but stick to the plan rigorously with no extras. If that still doesn't work then you're probably right that this diet isn't for you. Good luck whatever you decide :)

cheesegirl has pointed out many things for you to consider.... check the labeling very carefully on ready made things to see if they really are what they say they are. pork is far too fatty for eating so often... i noticed in your diary that you were eating a lot of pork. what are the mock tenderloin steaks ? again check ingrediants if its not a fresh meat. I also dont think you were eating enough for a couple of days you just had a greek yoghurt for dinner :( you need to eat loads of protien to stop your body going into starvation mode which will make it store everything it can.

I agree with all that's been said, it was noted in the early days on your diary that all the pork consumption may not be a good idea, I wish dukan would stop tweaking this diet to "fit" newcomers, it worked well in it's original form - and as they say........if it aint broke, don't fix it :) x

I have the 2008 version of the book ( no pork allowed till Conso) and the diet is working great for me.
I eat a lot and I'm having fun.
I think CheeseGirl gave you good advice.
I've seen this diet work beautifully for other people so think you should not give up just yet.

Keep going fire lots of good advice hear. I've drop pre-packed meats and all porky pig products since the Dukeneers advised me, keep going x

Absolutely agree with everything said, and I know I've had the same conversations several times with you in the past. Stick to home cooking (chicken, fish, etc) for a few days and I'm sure you'll see results!

I am so sorry to hear you're having it rough being on any kind of a diet and not show results is hard and demotivating. However this diet WORKS really well once you lay down the solid foundations. Start your shopping list from fresh, only buy fresh meat and make your own burgers, meatballs, stuffed chicken breasts etc. eat like this for a full week then reassess. I do not add any artificial flavourings to my diet but I do add loads of herbs and spices so my food still tastes good and i do not get bored. I also check every label and make sure I keep well within the guidelines. Once you identify the things you can have it will become a lot easier.
I am sorry I am rambling now but I am so passionate about this diet. I have followed every other plan under the sun. Good luck to you let us know how you do xx

Back