Just decided

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by mag104, 8 February 2014.

1. mag104

mag104 Well-Known Member

Thought I would weigh my HEB and two slices of Kingsmill tasty wholemeal from a 800g loaf weighs 51g so still within the 60g HEB, so I will make sure I weigh my bread if I fancy a sarnie. Happy days :)
    Edit to say it was a medium sliced loaf :)
  2. Karen h

Karen h Active Member

Oh that's interesting. .......... Rushes off to weigh her bread!! Thanks
  3. MrsSOS

MrsSOS Well-Known Member

Is it based purely on weight though?
    Isn't it the ingredients which make the difference between one item and another?:confused:
  4. green eyed monster

green eyed monster Well-Known Member

*watches this thread with interest.

5. UncleJohnBoy

UncleJohnBoy Well-Known Member

I thought it was the ingredients as well as the weight and size of the slice.
    We have been told to only stick to the 400g ones
  6. Squares76

Squares76 Well-Known Member

No it's weight too. Hence the book says you can have "60g wholemeal bread" I always weigh my bread from an 800g loaf and get 2 slices. It takes a bit of rooting through the bag to get the thinner slices sometimes though.
  7. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

cut off the crusts! They are the heaviest part of bread
  8. eejayess

eejayess Well-Known Member

I've always used 800g loaves, kingsmill is the best, and if the slices are too heavy I take the crusts off. 60g of any wholemeal bread is fine.
  9. green eyed monster

green eyed monster Well-Known Member

this is really good to know.

thanks guys xx
  10. mag104

mag104 Well-Known Member

Just changed my bread to Asda chosen by you wholemeal and two slices weigh around 44g. Even better :)
  11. sweetierufus

sweetierufus Well-Known Member

That's what I stated doing :D

I'm pleased I found this thread, now I've seen it seemed so obvious to weigh the bread! :p
  12. toots8298

toots8298 Well-Known Member

excellent - thanks for the tips girls!! i don't like the crust anyway so they always get thrown out so technically i don't eat all my allowance of HEBs :D
  13. mag104

mag104 Well-Known Member

Glad to be of help :)
  14. Squares76

Squares76 Well-Known Member

As an aside. I weighed 2 slices of bread from a 400g loaf - came out at about 48g so definitely do yourself out of bread that way!!
  15. Jemima Doll

Jemima Doll Well-Known Member

Really good to know x
  16. springburnlass

springburnlass Well-Known Member

I`m just getting my head around all the options. So far I`ve stuck to 3 Ryvitas, easier to work out. lol.