Total Solution Just Doing IT.

Well done I'm on day 4 and been doing well apart from not getting enough water down hoping to fix that today as I'm in all day and near the loo!!!!
Anita

Well done and well done on your weight loss!

Thanks Natalie, yes I need to remember the weight lost. Because I've had the odd night (literally just the night) 'off' twice in the last week or so, I had about 4 days treading water, where the weight went up a couple of pounds and then back down. Going to keep my eye on the bigger picture and remember how much I've lost which should help to motivate.

Well done :)

Thanks Darcy, nice of you to drop by and say that!

Well done I'm on day 4 and been doing well apart from not getting enough water down hoping to fix that today as I'm in all day and near the loo!!!!
Anita

Nice Anita, hope your day 4 went nicely. I drank a pint of water before I just got into bed. I'm average about 2 pints of water a day + shakes, i think I should try to up it

Day 4 just finished, in bed as I type this about to go to sleep. 100% day which is nice. So that's 4 in a row. Random thoughts of nice food coming into my mind now and again but nothing too powerful at the moment. It's simple really, we have a decision that's the way I'm looking at this. Either carry on eating what you want and by result of that make an agreement with yourself that you will stay at your current weight for the rest of your life, or maybe put a little bit on... Or accept you will want to eat some nice foods, but simply don't and as a result of that make an agreement with yourself that you will arrive at the lightest, fittest, most flexible version of yourself you've ever been before.

It's not rocket science, nothing 'major', no massive sacrice... it's a simple decision. The red pill or the green pill, as Neo would say.

Yes I feel better for putting a bit of perspective on this choice of ours (and now i feel like I am a Godfather in the mafia... 'this choice of ours' haha).

Have a great Thursday people!

Quite the philosopher ........and you're absolutely right, it all comes down to a simple choice in the end :)

well done, not easy to ignore those thoughts but you are right it is a choice
Thanks Natalie, too right, yes that choice can wrap itself up in our heads alright, but it's just a choice for sure :)

Quite the philosopher ........and you're absolutely right, it all comes down to a simple choice in the end :)
Thanks Darcy :D, yes simple, our minds just love to complicate it, ha.

***​

Day 5 in the bag, and it's a slamdunk,

635977562108560005-679443365_kobe.jpg

another 100% day good stuff.

Been up for 15 hours and worked for 12 of those so pretty productive. It helps alot when you are busy i think.

Agreed with a friend a few days ago that we are both going to Las Vegas in 10 months time! I can't wait, i've never been to America before. I like basketball, so might try to see a game out there. Hence my Kobe Briant picture above to celebrate my day 5 100%, i thought I'd give this update a bit of an American theme. Ha.

I'm thinking of really using the trip as a milestone for my diet. Something like 5 months on the diet, then switching to a healthy eating plan, and hitting the Gym for 5 months. By the time i've been on this for 5 months, gym etc should be alot more easier to manage.

I might even try some fighting training or something in 5 months, I've never done any before, but I was thinking recently, I'm 34 it's not too late to learn some kind of physical combat skills, and it would be great excercise.

Brought some Azera coffee today and will enjoy that over the weekend. Funny how the smallest things can bring you pleasure when you adjust your habits. Would have chucked a Venti Americano down without barely giving it a thought before, haha.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great plan!
It really does help the focus having the goals!

I love azera, makes my day!!!! |I never worried about the quality of coffee until I had to drink it black. It is a bit pricey tho.....I only buy it on offer!o

Las vegas sounds amazing, I have never been to America but it is somewhere I have always wanted to go!

Sounds like a great plan!
It really does help the focus having the goals!

I love azera, makes my day!!!! |I never worried about the quality of coffee until I had to drink it black. It is a bit pricey tho.....I only buy it on offer!o

Las vegas sounds amazing, I have never been to America but it is somewhere I have always wanted to go!

Yes hopefully it will be a good motivation. Totally agree about coffee, couldnt tell the difference between a no name and a branded before.. black is a different story, tasted like tar they put on the road when i tried the cheap stuff , not that i've ever tasted tar from the road, but if i did i imagine it would be similar. Azera espresso was all i had and that was nice, tasted like... well an espresso which was cool. Nearly run out of it (people have been stealing it - well then again, i didnt buy it in the first place, so can't complain lol) - so today i got a pot of my own, and went for americano. Went out expecting to pay £5 but turns out it was on offer in co-op so got it for £3. Amazing the money i might usually waste drinking at a weekend when i think about it, so I decided i'd push to boat out and get a pot of azera, to liven this weekend up haha.

Beanies are ok but not amazing, i prefer azera for sure. Although i did find if you put 1.5 teaspoons of beanies in a mug instead of the reccomended 1 heaped teaspoon it tastes more flavorsome.

Although i dont usually drink coffee.. funny i was talking to a friend about the coffee thing, saying im trying flavored coffee ... and he was like "oh yes i guess that's good idea, if you drink coffee i don't but nice if you do" then i told him i never drank coffee before i started this diet, but it's either that or black tea. We laughed at the irony of doing a diet to get healthy and lose weight, and being induced to start drinking coffee that you didnt drink before!

My beanies 1.5 teaspoon experiment was about 9 hours ago, i only had 1 cup in the last 24 hours... but havent been able to sleep in 2 hours i been in bed now.. and ive been up now for 17 hours... i find it hard to believe one cup of coffee can do this to me... but who knows haha? that horrible kind of phase where your mind has kind of gone to sleep already so you cant do anything useful, but your body is just refusing to get rested and sleep... am sure it'll subside at some point (while it's still Friday i hope!).

Yes looking forward to las vegas, now the hard part starts, i've got to get the money together for it! we want to live out there for a bit and also do some travelling, so i'm going to start trying to save now! - that's a nice side effect of exante, it'll help i think, it's amazing how little money you need day to day, when you have your months food in a box, and are not eating or drinking anything else at all!

Last edited:
Day 5 for me also and going good still having a problem with my mouth which means I can't eat much
So surviving on shakes and water

It's good you have a goal of getting to Vegas I went 2 years ago for my 50th it was amazing very hot and tiring but totally worth it
My weighin Monday hopefully I'll get a decent loss
Have a good weekend
Anita

Hi Gary great weight loss so far , keep up the good work. Im currently on day 3 of my restart and all is going well , a few headaches, but know that is normal, i have a social event to go to tomorrow which is a bbq and really do not want to be in a total food avoidance mode, so i think i might just stick to chicken or chicken kebabs without the tomatoes as they contain sugar, I'm hoping that will be ok as the last thing i want to do it mess everything up. Well keep up the good work and nice to have another male who is doing TS , so looking forward to seeing your weight loss results over the next few weeks :).

Thanks both

Hope day 5 went well Anita and your mouth gets better soon!

Nice to meet you biglooser and nice to see another male also, good luck at your social event, sounds fun, sure you will make whatever the right choices are at the time!

Had a cheeky weigh in this morning (whenever i weigh myself i weigh myself moment after I have woken up, so call it this morning even though its 2am!)
and i'm now 20stone 4ibs, which means at the start of day 6 of my restart i've lost 7ibs which i'm really pleased with!
on track for my goal of 1 stone in 2weeks, just got to keep ticking those 100% days off.

Just starting some work now, and have a cup of Azera and a bottle of water either side of me :D

Last edited:
Well what do you know! ahhh i'm having a day off. I say ahhh because part of me wishes i wasn't. But then part of me is content that I am. Oh the multifaceted split personality life we lead as a dieter.

In all seriousness though, i figure one day off a week isn't too bad, when i have just been having 600 calories for 6/7 days. Should still lose a tonne of weight. A bit dissapointed I'm going to be out of ketosis again but hey ho... I do feel I need to reward / live a little at the same time as doing this. I don't know how i stuck on it for 3 months solid before...

Anyway so far i've had a salad that was in the fridge (and had been for 5 days) someone bought in case i felt weak! damn it lol. And a packet of crisps... and some diet lemonade and a cup of tea. Going to take it easy as the day progresses, (i've been up for 8 hours) for lunch, and then tonight i plan on ordering a takeaway (chinese) but will try to make the healthier options.

Then back on it tomorrow. I think this is an ok balance. 1 day off a week, we'll see!

really enjoying the impact this diet is having on my eating habits already. it's amazing how your body just endlessly adjusts to your circumstances i think. I ordered a chinese this evening and only ate half the packet of rice, and left some of the meat, and ate most of the seaweed. I drank diet drinks and water I would really like to just stay on the plan for a couple of months but mentally it's pretty tough , we'll see. it's a nice reward that even after having just eaten now which is when my stomach is at its biggest, i can still feel a big difference to how my stomach is normally, i guess losing 19ibs will have that effect! ha.

Back on it tomorrow, and looking forward to getting back on it. Have fun everyone!

OK Fat Fighters! I'm back on the success train, woohoo escaped relatively unscathed from my day off yesterday. In fairness i did try to make healthy choices in the day leading up to my takeaway, so I had a salad for lunch, a shake for breakfast, and 1 packet of crisps (yeah crisps were kind of lame but it was a day off). Anyway. Today I weighed myself and I'm the same weight i was 2 days ago, the last time I weighed myself, which is a pretty awesome result all things considered I think.

20 Stone 4 , so no need to undo any of the pounds lost in my signature. Just penned up another little challenge on my whiteboard. "Shake victory" 7 days to success. So am going for 7 days this time, as i bailed at day 6 yesterday, on the 14 day challenge i'd set. With 7 days, that extra motivation of completing the challenge should hopefully push me over the line.

A tonne of work to do today... so off to do it, hope you are all doing great with your own challenges. Will be checking the blogs out in about 12 hours! Have a great Sunday!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan, interested to know how the day off a week goes. I have toyed with the idea but it seems to work for some and not others!

Not been around for a few days so I am just catching up with everyone

hi Natalie, yes i'd rather just do it continuous but been a bit weak mentally lately, and having a day off here or there seemed to be best option. Second day at 100%, plan is to not break the streak for at least another 5 days.

Got a strange urge to go to the pub today, havent had any alcohol for about 4 weeks and i guess i'm starting to miss it. Also been working hard at home lately and the monotony is starting to get to me a bit, hence wanting to go out i think.

Back