just found out im pregnant

congratulations I was a size 24 and about 17 and a half stone when I was pregnant with my first baby. I had a normal pregnancy and birth and only gained 8lbs in the whole pregnancy. Try not to worry too much and enjoy your pregnancy.

Thanks Lisa Marie :)
I'm not really worried about my weight. I'd gain 10 stone if I was guaranteed a healthy baby. My fears lie in miscarriage.. I had one and it hit me for 6.. i'm further along now and am trying to remember that each pregnancy is different.

Really really want this to be ok :)

Hi sassypantz,
I normally lurk on here but your story seems so similar to my previous pregnancy I had to come on and add my tuppence worth lol, albeit 3 weeks late!

First of all congrats on your baby news, its wonderful!

I was 1/2 lb under 18 stone when I got pregnant, I felt awful about it but decided to join slimming world at around 15 weeks pregnant. I followed it until around 2 weeks before the birth and went back 5 days after I had my son, I was astonished to find I had gone down to 15st 12lbs, my actual weight during the pregnancy went down to around 17st 3lbs and I pretty much stayed the same all the way through. I did it more for damage limitation raher than to lose weight, I was the heaviest I had ever been and din't want to end up with another few stone post baby. I ate healthily, with the odd craving for cheese on toast satisfied too, had the full support of my midwife and gp.

I felt great all the way through and it gave me a much needed boost once the baby was born. I would thoroughly recommend SW. Hope this helps. Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Clairex

Thanks for sharing your story :) someone did recommend WW to me :) but honestly I think just doing my own healthy eating will be ok. I failed at this when it was just me, but as I had done it before when Pregnant I know the motivation of my baby will really help :)

Back